What's new

India's Air Force to buy last remaining US-built C-17

Why are chinese so concerned with our money ? Let us spend our way.
We do not indulge when you rip off pakistan with cheap equipments, do we ?

Yeah you do, every time. Indians always complain about China arming Pakistan, in both bilateral and multilateral meetings......

Btw, who wud be stupid enough to buy the last plane in production? I mean what about the spares for future use? At most they are going to have storage for 10 years maybe? This is serious short term thinking.

OVER Rs 2,500 crore? That's more than 2.5 billion RMB.

For a lousy C-17? Bloody hell!

China can make 6 Y-20s for that amount of money. :enjoy:

uq7SrBy.jpg

Does India really know what it is doing?

of6ifbA.jpg

You are right i completely agree with you. But our aviation industry is no where closer to manufacture such a aircraft.

Btw, who wud be stupid enough to buy the last plane in production? I mean what about the spares for future use? At most they are going to have storage for 10 years maybe? This is serious short term thinking.

Congratulations, you have won the stupidest post of the thread award. This is what happens when you open your mouth without bothering to think. It is the C17 you are talking about. The US Airforce received its latest newest c17 in 2013. Are you telling me that the US airforce, the largest airforce on the planet, bought a plane in 2013 without thinking about spares for the next 20 30 years? I am fairly confident spares and support will continue for more than 10 years, any sane person would deduce that. But then, like i said, open-mouth-dont-think syndrome does limit a person's ability to think sanely.

Continue to live in your own little world.

Congratulations, you have won the stupidest post of the thread award. This is what happens when you open your mouth without bothering to think. It is the C17 you are talking about. The US Airforce received its latest newest c17 in 2013. Are you telling me that the US airforce, the largest airforce on the planet, bought a plane in 2013 without thinking about spares for the next 20 30 years? I am fairly confident spares and support will continue for more than 10 years, any sane person would deduce that. But then, like i said, open-mouth-dont-think syndrome does limit a person's ability to think sanely.

Continue to live in your own little world.
LOL, calling another person stupid is a reflection of your own insecurity. You don't have to reduce yourself to such a level to prove a point. I merely questioned the wisdom in buying THE LAST REMAINING AIRCRAFT. If you think there are spares for the next 30 years, so be it, because Indians always assume (could would should may), just like the Nirbhay will be operational this year or the Nag shall be the bestest weapon...LOL... because i think that is a short sighted policy. And you think US won't change to a newer plane in the next 10 years? Again you assume they won't.

Well, it was because our Indy bhais were so concerned with us first, that's why we need to reciprocate the good will. LOL. It's always funny to see how Indians get ripped off and yet boast about it as if it's something proud. We have a member here even thanking America.
What's wrong in appreciating a good plane and the country making it.:what:

Mixing politics and national security is not a good thing to do. We all know that you hate Modi but criticising him for buying a cargo plane is pure idiocy.

At least there were no scams from the past 2 years. You must be really bitter enough to keep that much of hatred towards a person that you are ready to blame everything on him.

LOL, calling another person stupid is a reflection of your own insecurity. You don't have to reduce yourself to such a level to prove a point. I merely questioned the wisdom in buying THE LAST REMAINING AIRCRAFT. If you think there are spares for the next 30 years, so be it, because Indians always assume (could would should may), just like the Nirbhay will be operational this year or the Nag shall be the bestest weapon...LOL... because i think that is a short sighted policy. And you think US won't change to a newer plane in the next 10 years? Again you assume they won't.

No, we are not insecure. You are really stupid. You deliberately diverted the topic from C-17 to Nirbhay when you were questioned. You don't have to question our wisdom and certify it.

uq7SrBy.jpg

of6ifbA.jpg

Seriously?

Did you just compare that Chinese copy with C 17? It shows your lack of understanding of systems.

But hey, engine and wings are there. Must be the same.

Mixing politics and national security is not a good thing to do. We all know that you hate Modi but criticising him for buying a cargo plane is pure idiocy.

At least there were no scams from the past 2 years. You must be really bitter enough to keep that much of hatred towards a person that you are ready to blame everything on him.

It is the hefty amount involved in the said single item defense purchase that is questionable when you know that there is no social progress in India as compared to smaller countries who are living a better life in Sweden, Norway, Finland & Denmark.

It is not imminent that China is going to attack Indians tomorrow, but even if it did, you would be gasping for air. India does not have enough money to withstand the war. Remember the mini war of Kargil? Bajpayee was thinking of introducing a Kargil tax.

Kargil tax -- An unavoidable necessity - The Indian Express

Some of you emotionally charged right wingers here close their eyes on social ills of India a la farmers suicides, slum dwellers (5% of Indians or population of 21 countries combined) and swelling trade deficit. But yes, you people have audacity to slam the door on every critique here who try to remind Modi of his misdeeds.

Until India prints its own hard currency, which starts to get exported in a manner the USD & British pound is, India can not spend blindly. 69% Indians did not vote for Modi, so they will have a rant of their own under democracy.

Checks & balances.

And now you exhibit foot-very-deep-in-own-mouth syndrome. First you comment how an entire nation can be stupid (based on a very nonsensical line of thought) and then complain that some has called out the stupidity in your comment. You really don't think before you comment, do you?

I don't know whether i should be laughing at the amateur comment you made or smile at your adorable naïveté, so the US or for that matter any nation will replace a 200 million $ plane after 10 years of service? Is that your argument for lack of spares?

Last edited:
Seriously?

Did you just compare that Chinese copy with C 17? It shows your lack of understanding of systems.

But hey, engine and wings are there. Must be the same.
And now you exhibit an example of foot-very-deep-in-own-mouth syndrome. First you comment how an entire nation can be stupid (based on a very nonsensical line of thought) and then complain that some has called out the stupidity in your comment. You really don't think before you comment, do you?
Hey bro, a bonus to you from the stupid nation of China.

Stop at 29:42 and you will see a box with BHEL(YINDU) on it. LOL. What is worse than a stupid nation? A stupider nation buying from it because they can't make turbine blades. LOL

Hey bro, a bonus to you from the stupid nation of China.

Stop at 29:42 and you will see a box with BHEL(YINDU) on it. LOL. What is worse than a stupid nation? A stupider nation buying from it because they can't make turbine blades. LOL

And now you bring in totally unrelated topics into the discussion. Clutching-at-straws syndrome at its finest display, ladies and gentlemen.

Edit: congratulations on hitting the trifecta of troll syndromes in a single thread.

Btw: where have i ever called China stupid??

uq7SrBy.jpg

of6ifbA.jpg

2.5 billion RMB equals about 359 mill USD which is roughly equivalent to what we are paying for give or take a few million.

Now the Y-20 costs about 160 million USD not ~60 million as you stated .. so I call your BS on that.
Source .. http://www.3ders.org/articles/20161...ed-xian-y-20-military-transport-aircraft.html

The C-17 is a vastly superior plane to the Y-20 and I'll refer to a comment I posted quite a while back .."Compared with US C-17A transport, Y-20 lags much behind. Its aerodynamic design is relatively conservative while the design of its climbing system is still very backward. It fails to use such advanced technology as under-the-wing blown flap. It lags far behind in respect of its reliability, intensity of maintenance and ratio of satisfactory service.The performance of its engines is a great problem. China has a long way to go to produce an engine comparable to the PW2040 used in C-17. Y-20’s comprehensive performance is only 60% of the C-17A’s. C-17 transport is produced by the US in the 1990s, but China is still unable to use some of the technologies US obtained then."

You will appreciate why we continue to have faith in proven western designs until our industry matures and creates designs and machines at par with the western cousins.

And now you exhibit foot-very-deep-in-own-mouth syndrome. First you comment how an entire nation can be stupid (based on a very nonsensical line of thought) and then complain that some has called out the stupidity in your comment. You really don't think before you comment, do you?

I don't know whether i should be laughing at the amateur comment you made or smile at your adorable naïveté, so the US or for that matter any nation will replace a 200 million $ plane after 10 years of service? Is that your argument for lack of spares?
The C-17 model had been in service for a long time, since 1995, that's 20 years. Could it happen after 10 years? Who knows? Can you be damn sure it won't happen? You are putting your eggs in that basket because of your incompetence in producing a plane. And smartest of all buying the last egg.

2.5 billion RMB equals about 359 mill USD which is roughly equivalent to what we are paying for give or take a few million.

Now the Y-20 costs about 160 million USD not ~60 million as you stated .. so I call your BS on that.
Source .. http://www.3ders.org/articles/20161...ed-xian-y-20-military-transport-aircraft.html

The C-17 is a vastly superior plane to the Y-20 and I'll refer to a comment I posted quite a while back .."Compared with US C-17A transport, Y-20 lags much behind. Its aerodynamic design is relatively conservative while the design of its climbing system is still very backward. It fails to use such advanced technology as under-the-wing blown flap. It lags far behind in respect of its reliability, intensity of maintenance and ratio of satisfactory service.The performance of its engines is a great problem. China has a long way to go to produce an engine comparable to the PW2040 used in C-17. Y-20’s comprehensive performance is only 60% of the C-17A’s. C-17 transport is produced by the US in the 1990s, but China is still unable to use some of the technologies US obtained then."

You will appreciate why we continue to have faith in proven western designs until our industry matures and creates designs and machines at par with the western cousins.
Amazing source you have there, even the Chinese don't know the figures and you knew it from a website from where?

Back
Top Bottom