What's new

India's 700,000 Army for Kashmir Occupation, while Pakistan Freely recruits from Azad Kashmir!

Don't read arnab or indian army propaganda too much. That will save you from embarrassment and provide you some dignity.

Still at it?

Oscar has taken the trouble to give some indication

The 700k figure came up first during the 90's uprising. That too due to an overestimate of the number of people kept in the line as BSF, Police and everyone else with an Indian flag became part of the 700k. That does not mean that there is not a substantial presence that could be in the six figures(or more if the LoC flares up) but a lot of it is rotating troops and in certain cases forward deployment. I would not take 500k troops as serious but it could be a realistic figure if one looks at say a situation such as Kargil where it is a large conventional mobilisation of what are substantial regular troop numbers.

The Kashmir population is around 12 million of which at maximum 1 million could be taken as potential "dissidents" based on how the Indian government behaves. The Pakistan Army was able to control a much larger dissident population in erstwhile BD using only 70000 so this figure is more propaganda than anything else.

That being said, the 70000 had a very open hand depending upon the morality of the OC sector, whilst the hands for the IA were only untied in the 90s and now recently. Where the dissent was actually quite quelled during the period of the previous government because the Youth were allowed to avail all the facilities of an Indian citizen(and more). Now, they have erased all that effort of the past and my whatsapp conversations with those on the ground prior to the internet blackout suggest that it is not getting any better; even the types who only care for calm as long as their business is going are now getting agitated.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/indias-7...rom-azad-kashmir.446172/page-13#ixzz4IckPrxse

I read neither.

The embarrassment is on reading you, and realising that I share the forum with intellects like yours. After reading your posts, no return to dignity can be thought of.

Lol, but you do read and even quote. Is that some kind of indian way to avoid embarrassment and acheive max dignity?

Still at it?

Oscar has taken the trouble to give some indication

The 700k figure came up first during the 90's uprising. That too due to an overestimate of the number of people kept in the line as BSF, Police and everyone else with an Indian flag became part of the 700k. That does not mean that there is not a substantial presence that could be in the six figures(or more if the LoC flares up) but a lot of it is rotating troops and in certain cases forward deployment. I would not take 500k troops as serious but it could be a realistic figure if one looks at say a situation such as Kargil where it is a large conventional mobilisation of what are substantial regular troop numbers.

The Kashmir population is around 12 million of which at maximum 1 million could be taken as potential "dissidents" based on how the Indian government behaves. The Pakistan Army was able to control a much larger dissident population in erstwhile BD using only 70000 so this figure is more propaganda than anything else.

That being said, the 70000 had a very open hand depending upon the morality of the OC sector, whilst the hands for the IA were only untied in the 90s and now recently. Where the dissent was actually quite quelled during the period of the previous government because the Youth were allowed to avail all the facilities of an Indian citizen(and more). Now, they have erased all that effort of the past and my whatsapp conversations with those on the ground prior to the internet blackout suggest that it is not getting any better; even the types who only care for calm as long as their business is going are now getting agitated.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/indias-7...rom-azad-kashmir.446172/page-13#ixzz4IckPrxse

That is his personal opinion which he is entitled of. I have quoted multiple sources. In every picture of IOK one can see almost equal number of indian occupier terrorists that proves the truth in those sources.

My shit in visible display embarrasses me. That doesn't stop me from wiping my arse.

Why does it embarrass you? Is it not supposed to work that way?:woot::rofl:

That is his personal opinion which he is entitled of. I have quoted multiple sources. In every picture of IOK one can see almost equal number of indian occupier terrorists that proves the truth in those sources.

Why does it embarrass you? Is it not supposed to work that way?:woot::rofl:

I know you find it strange. Quite as is expected.

Hmm. Yup. Nicely summed up. Took time to engage you as apart from your rant, you are a sensible member. But yet continue to remain in denial and ignorance. Sad.

Ok! You got us .....

Ignorance-Is-Bliss-4-1.jpg

I have contradicted this canard everywhere that it has occurred. Check my posts.

And as far as answering your supposition, not fact is concerned, I have no intention of engaging someone in a discussion who has no access to ground realities beyond publications dedicated to one side, no thoughts on the matter other than the common national refrain, and no desire to change their point of view. Why should I discuss anything but the numbers in these circumstances? If you have the balls to come to the discussion prepared to change your mind, that would another thing. For anyone to take up this spurious challenge and engage with you is the most foolish thing that has been suggested for a very long, long time.

Right, and what ground realities would those be? That there are violent protests going on Kashmir? The UN documented torture stories of rape and murder by Indian security forces in Jammu and Kashmir? The refusal to accept there is unrest among a certain section of Kashmiris and blaming it all on my ignorance of "ground realities" is a cheap cop out that I did not except from a personality such as yourself.

I don't need to explain anything, the large protests in Jammu and Kashmir are enough explanation. The need for thousands of troops and an ongoing insurgency are enough to deflect any ignorance of the ground realities in Kashmir on my part. Nothing can "contradict" the fact that there is a insurgency and tension and violence in Jammu and Kashmir for a particular reason. Blaming that all on my refusal to agree with your narrative or my ignorance is a clear simplification of "ground realities".

That's fine by me, as at the end of the day you are an Indian and I am a Pakistani, and we will always stick to our own national narratives which is probably why this conflict will never be solved. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

That is true.

Very few people are allowed there in the first place.

And how many Azad Kashmiris do you know? One maybe two? I doubt that as well. I've got an idea, since it is not possible for Indians to go to Azad Kashmir why don't you ask the many Indians in the U.K to approach a Azad Kashmiri and ask them on their love for India or perhaps their vengeful hatred for the oppressive Pakistanis? Would that be an agreeable middle ground for someone who cannot get in to Azad Kashmir?

Right, and what ground realities would those be? That there are violent protests going on Kashmir? The UN documented torture stories of rape and murder by Indian security forces in Jammu and Kashmir? The refusal to accept there is unrest among a certain section of Kashmiris and blaming it all on my ignorance of "ground realities" is a cheap cop out that I did not except from a personality such as yourself.

I don't need to explain anything, the large protests in Jammu and Kashmir are enough explanation. The need for thousands of troops and an ongoing insurgency are enough to deflect any ignorance of the ground realities in Kashmir on my part. Nothing can "contradict" the fact that there is a insurgency and tension and violence in Jammu and Kashmir for a particular reason. Blaming that all on my refusal to agree with your narrative or my ignorance is a clear simplification of "ground realities".

That's fine by me, as at the end of the day you are an Indian and I am a Pakistani, and we will always stick to our own national narratives which is probably why this conflict will never be solved. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Nice rejoinder.

One question:

Can you explain lack of unrest, opposition to Pakistani Forces during Operation Gibraltar and a peaceful Kashmir valley till 1989? Curious to know your answer.

Hmm. Yup. Nicely summed up. Took time to engage you as apart from your rant, you are a sensible member. But yet continue to remain in denial and ignorance. Sad.

Ok! You got us .....

Ignorance-Is-Bliss-4-1.jpg

I don't need your certificates. You can continue to believe what you believe and me what I, unless some Pakistani or IOK Kashmiri can prove otherwise.

We both know that if an Islamic Constitution is adopted and the rulers of Kashmir and the soldiers are Muslim - there will be peace here as well.

Come on, Yar you already know my opinion on this. I have already stated numerous times that Pakistan and indeed the majority of Hurriyat leaders lost the good will of the majority of Kashmiris when they chose to deliberately turn this national struggle in to that of a Jihad of a particular sect. Come now, don't put me together with the others just because I refuse to accept Indian acquisition of Jammu and Kashmir. I am just butthurt from the injustices committed during Dogra regime and my hatred for them has just been transferred to the Indian side even though I have no qualms in accepting Indian rule is a thousand times better, nay it would be an insult to even compare the two. My only reasoning and logic is that the Kashmiris have the right to self determination, IF they want it. Just like the Indians had when they agitated against the British, or any other people in the world. My view of Kashmir conflict is not clouded by a mirage of religious fantasies but a more nationalist one. Even though, I try hard not to let a jingoistic narrative take over my feelings.

Thank you for the back-handed compliment. Please restrict these to your favourites in future. When I say something, you may be sure that I have very good reasons to say it, and it is not a bit of idle propaganda.

There is no role of the UN in Kashmir, and it is surprising that you bring UN-documented torture stories. That there is unrest among a certain section of Kashmiris is not in question; what is in question is that it is representative of all Kashmiris or even of a majority of Kashmiris, here the reference being to the Kashmiri Muslims of the Valley. If you had any personal experience, or personal knowledge, or any vicarious knowledge of a region in the grip of terror, you would know that a small, violent minority dictates terms to everybody else. Including to a large and passive majority that wishes for good governance, and, as far as political and social desires and goals are concerned, that wishes for a restoration of the autonomy that should have been Kashmir's by constitutional right, for the restoration of the dignity of the individual or group subjected to numerous security checks even on functioning thoroughfares, and for the addressing of the corruption that has hollowed out Kashmiri society.

You seem to be unaware, or to be unwilling to identify these as realities on the ground. That is specifically what I meant, and by sneering at me you change nothing on the ground. At best, it might give you the satisfaction that an urchin gets by pissing in the park and proving that he can do so without harm - unless, of course, he is unlikely enough to have a policeman standing right behind him.

I don't need to explain anything, the large protests in Jammu and Kashmir are enough explanation.

No, you don't need to explain anything. Merely an incessant repetition of fantasies will gain you your point. I accept that by your standards you are being perfectly logical and expressing yourself in irresistible terms.

The need for thousands of troops and an ongoing insurgency are enough to deflect any ignorance of the ground realities in Kashmir on my part.

That is why you don't need to explain anything. The need for thousands of troops has been clearly and explicitly written. Your own knowledgeable observers have acknowledged that numbers quoted are exaggerated. They have also pointed out how many soldiers Pakistan herself has on the borders, and the figures match, as far as soldiery is concerned. In addition, there are some 100,000 counter-insurgency troops and policemen involved; you might like to compare that to Pakistan's deployment in KP or even to the deployment of Rangers and other para-military personnel in Karachi, proportionate to the population of those places.

The ratio will shock you, but I am confident that you do not have the self-confidence, or the faith in your own so-called arguments.

Nothing can "contradict" the fact that there is a insurgency and tension and violence in Jammu and Kashmir for a particular reason. Blaming that all on my refusal to agree with your narrative or my ignorance is a clear simplification of "ground realities".

Nothing is needed to be done to contradict the "facts", since those who wish to wallow in a self-righteous soup are enjoying themselves too much to step out of the wallow.

Precisely what I mean by being tied to your own prejudices. If you have not investigated my attitude to reality and facts, especially on matters relating to India and Pakistan, you know nothing and are not equipped to enter a discussion entertaining, as you do, your own little prejudices as canonical truths revealed to you personally.

Nothing so blind as those who refuse to see.

Come on, Yar you already know my opinion on this. I have already stated numerous times that Pakistan and indeed the majority of Hurriyat leaders lost the good will of the majority of Kashmiris when they chose to deliberately turn this national struggle in to that of a Jihad of a particular sect. Come now, don't put me together with the others just because I refuse to accept Indian acquisition of Jammu and Kashmir. I am just butthurt from the injustices committed during Dogra regime and my hatred for them has just been transferred to the Indian side even though I have no qualms in accepting Indian rule is a thousand times better, nay it would be an insult to even compare the two. My only reasoning and logic is that the Kashmiris have the right to self determination, IF they want it. Just like the Indians had when they agitated against the British, or any other people in the world. My view of Kashmir conflict is not clouded by a mirage of religious fantasies but a more nationalist one. Even though, I try hard not to let a jingoistic narrative take over my feelings.

Your reasoning is emotionally tenable, not legally.

You are explaining as if your system should not work that way. Or you are some holy m0ly indian who don't $h1t at all.:rofl::rofl::buba_phone:

No.

I am explaining in the simplest possible terms an insult to one whose skin and whose vocabularies protect him equally from insult.

What is the point to built the infrastructure when the citizen don't wanna live in the country?

Why does it embarrass you? Is it not supposed to work that way?

You have quoted ONE SINGLE SOURCE: a casual remark by Musharraf in an unimportant TV interview.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom