What's new

Indians Surrender

Niazi was the biggest mistake in West Pakistan now known as Bangladesh. He made it extremely easy for both India & Mukti bahini. If a intelligent & brave General was in West Pakistan then the history would had been different. Niazi in my opinion just got to scared for his life & surrendered, he was disgraceful person & a insult to Army.

Hi,

What a thoughtless post. He was the scapegoat---. Tikka Khan was the criminal----he saw the defeat coming---used his resources and got himself out of Bangladesh and poor Gen Niazi got handed the defeat on a platter.

His mistake was not to refuse the handover of the charge---and taken his chances in the court---even a court martial---. But he accepted his fate----.

So---what do you mean when you say----" got scared of his life and surrendered "-----explain please.

Look at pow they are not handing over their weapons with a smile on their face.If you google it you will know what i mean.

hi,

The reason some might be smiling was---thank God it is over----east Pakistan separation was not worth fighting for by the west Pakistan military----.

The war itself was a drama created by Bhutto---. So---I for one am glad----that many a Pakistani lives were saved.

People should thank General Niazi that he did not continue which would have resulted in undue bloodshed of his troops and the natives----.

It was in Gen Niazi's KISMET to face that terrible moment to lay down his weapons----being put in place at the last moment to fight for a lost cause----.

Even though I did not have a single family member in the military---no distant relative either---but the school I was going to at that time---Cantonment public school---a military school---so many of my classmates had their dad's in the then eats Pakistan----and them not knowing what was happening was terrible.

Young Pakistanis over here don't think with their brains but with their feet----. I have a great respect for Gen Niazi for just the way he accepted his role in this debacle and ended it at the earliest possible opportunity. Allah bless his soul---.

Hi,

What a thoughtless post. He was the scapegoat---. Tikka Khan was the criminal----he saw the defeat coming---used his resources and got himself out of Bangladesh and poor Gen Niazi got handed the defeat on a platter.

His mistake was not to refuse the handover of the charge---and taken his chances in the court---even a court martial---. But he accepted his fate----.

So---what do you mean when you say----" got scared of his life and surrendered "-----explain please.

hi,

The reason some might be smiling was---thank God it is over----east Pakistan separation was not worth fighting for by the west Pakistan military----.

The war itself was a drama created by Bhutto---. So---I for one am glad----that many a Pakistani lives were saved.

People should thank General Niazi that he did not continue which would have resulted in undue bloodshed of his troops and the natives----.

It was in Gen Niazi's KISMET to face that terrible moment to lay down his weapons----being put in place at the last moment to fight for a lost cause----.

Even though I did not have a single family member in the military---no distant relative either---but the school I was going to at that time---Cantonment public school---a military school---so many of my classmates had their dad's in the then eats Pakistan----and them not knowing what was happening was terrible.

Young Pakistanis over here don't think with their brains but with their feet----. I have a great respect for Gen Niazi for just the way he accepted his role in this debacle and ended it at the earliest possible opportunity. Allah bless his soul---.
Thanks sir,i have heard (from BD sources) that west pakistanis look down on them racially.A retired bureaucrat of Pakistan Qudrat ulla shah writes in his biography that once east were even denied basic commode and senitary stuff received in US aid and make fun of them by saying "Arey tumhe toilet ki kya zaroorat tum key keley ke peed key peche ...... "

He is not accepting his lineage through dogras, let him accept then i will answer him in my own way. :guns:
I may not be related to Dogra dynasty but as a cast affinity. As for your answer let's hear it what you have to say.

@Windjammer , , How is the history lesson coming.:D
@kṣamā , there are two sides to every story, one side can't always be perfect while other can never be always wrong.
However, it's you people, victims of your own frivolous media who need schooling hence time to get enlightened.
Picture below will give you an idea of some stark realities, this is just ONE group of IAF Sikh pilots shot down by PAF and PA, now we all know Sikhs don't represent a majority in the Indian armed forces, so leaves little to imagination how many Hindus , Muslim or Christian pilots of IAF would have been POW...... and these don't include those shot down over India and Indian MOD admitted that most air battles took place over India.....now since what Indians claim is the gospel truth, care to elaborate, how many aircraft losses did the IAF admit during the war on the Western front. !!!!!
Here ends your first history lesson.
_focus6.jpg

Pakistan, Lyalpur camp, 12 April 1972, visit to Indian prisoners of war (POWs).
"Sikh pilots, now POWs, passed their time flying kites. Camp authorities forbade this activity. An "homme de confiance", also a POW, explains the visit of Red Cross delegates, emphasizing that he hopes the ICRC can negotiate on their behalf the return of the kites."

The OP is confusing official surrender with capture of POWs

Going by that logic Pakistan surrendered in Kargil as well :D

@kṣamā , there are two sides to every story, one side can't always be perfect while other can never be always wrong.
However, it's you people, victims of your own frivolous media who need schooling hence time to get enlightened.
Picture below will give you an idea of some stark realities, this is just ONE group of IAF Sikh pilots shot down by PAF and PA, now we all know Sikhs don't represent a majority in the Indian armed forces, so leaves little to imagination how many Hindus , Muslim or Christian pilots of IAF would have been POW...... and these don't include those shot down over India and Indian MOD admitted that most air battles took place over India.....now since what Indians claim is the gospel truth, care to elaborate, how many aircraft losses did the IAF admit during the war on the Western front. !!!!!
Here ends your first history lesson.
_focus6.jpg

Pakistan, Lyalpur camp, 12 April 1972, visit to Indian prisoners of war (POWs).
"Sikh pilots, now POWs, passed their time flying kites. Camp authorities forbade this activity. An "homme de confiance", also a POW, explains the visit of Red Cross delegates, emphasizing that he hopes the ICRC can negotiate on their behalf the return of the kites."
79663227-22nd-december-1971-an-indian-soldier-with-gettyimages.jpg

Leftovers of a Gurkha Company, interesting story about the soldier in pyjamas.

v1MEFrx.jpg

But nobody can beat the alumni of PMA kakul who were taught of glorious conquest of central asian but in reality they do do what best they can .... removing their belt the jewel of a soldier.Though some retained their goggles.
1971_surrender_of_Pakistan-.jpg

But nobody can beat the alumni of PMA kakul who were taught of glorious conquest of central asian but in reality they do do what best they can .... removing their belt the jewel of a soldier.Though some retained their goggles.
View attachment 257637
The cameras were there but as i said even in war there are morals and ethics to be maintained otherwise it was easy to expose the so called calibre coming out of Dehradun.

307306-Army-1323975761-881-640x480.JPG

The cameras were there but as i said even in war there are morals and ethics to be maintained otherwise it was easy to expose the so called calibre coming out of Dehradun.

307306-Army-1323975761-881-640x480.JPG
post something new my man and they are not officers.Ever seen a pic in which a victorious general was given a guard of honor by defeated army or on a second thought what is the honour in this guard of honour.They could have easily fought for months rather than showing white flag in just 13 days to 6000 troops.
1971+india+pak+war+pictures.jpg

and some more

7101.jpg

Hey genius , these obviously surrendered to Pakistan hence became POW

7099.jpg
No, this is not necessary. You can capture by force and send them to jail. Every war has had POW's either both sides. But this is nothing to compare 90000 shameful faces and half of your country. LOL​

Thanks sir,i have heard (from BD sources) that west pakistanis look down on them racially.A retired bureaucrat of Pakistan Qudrat ulla shah writes in his biography that once east were even denied basic commode and senitary stuff received in US aid and make fun of them by saying "Arey tumhe toilet ki kya zaroorat tum key keley ke peed key peche ...... "

I may not be related to Dogra dynasty but as a cast affinity. As for your answer let's hear it what you have to say.

Most probably he's talking about politicians, as far as armed forces & general population was concerned, this wasn't the case. Politicians play dirty even to this day. West Pakistan politicians wanted the rule, & for power politicians can go to any lengths, look what happened under BJP rule, in the state of Gujrat, just to appease the extremist Hindus for votes.

I can tell you from my own experience; few years ago a contingent of ex-Bengali army officers (who were in Pakistan army before 71) visited Pakistan. Course of 39th PMA. All of them had a wonderful time here, visited PMA as well, special arrangements were made for them, visited Rawalpindi, Lahore, Kakul. All of those officers still miss Pakistan to this day! Some of their Bengali course mates were hanged, unfortunately, for supporting Pakistan instead & to this day the Haseena Wajid Govt is persecuting those people.

If Bengali's hated us that much then 80-90% of the people would dislike us, but they don't. Only those who hate Pakistan are highlighted by the Indians, & for obvious reasons. Spare us these distorted so called facts, there is not hate between Pakistan & Bangladesh.

East Pakistan was a total political failure, & a logistical nightmare for the armed forces. It was dealing with insurgency from India & stupid selfish politicians who failed to reach a mutual agreement after the general elections. The only role Indian army played was that of a cunning Hyena who ran over East Pakistan while it was dealing with internal turmoil, waited for it's enemy to fall down before attacking, great Indian army. lol

Back
Top Bottom