What's new

Indianisms - Common errors we make in English

Indian English is an embarrassment. Hamari Pakistani Angrezi ko be badnaam kar daitay ho.

we don't see aaaaai to aaaaaai becoz yuvar aais and mai aaais have become spayktrum aaaaiss :P

English is now such an international language, used by so many for whom it is a second (or third) language, that I don't think it is fair to pronounce which usages are 100% "right" or "wrong". As a person who speaks American English, I am mindful of how much slang and how many idiomatic phrases I use every day. I say, if the gist of the meaning is clear, that's enough. I would say that's OK, but who knows what "OK" means?

Just fyi For Indians 'Ok' means 'I heard you' , not 'Yes' which is what most westerners take it for :D

The way Indians pronounce 'and', 'that', 'what', 'it' and other words with the letters 't' and 'd' in them makes my ears bleed and I wish someone would just run a road compactor over their thick Indian tongues already. Their confusing of 's' with 'sh' is not any less annoying either; just yesterday I saw an Indian member with otherwise pretty decent grammar spell 'alas' as 'alash' and I was like "wtf, man?". Maybe it's just me, but their overly liberal use of the gender neutral yet gay sounding pronoun 'dude' sucks balls. ^_^

Funnier than this is the Punjabi ( both Indian and Pakistani) way of pronouncing :

Treasure - Trieure

Measure - Meiiure

One sees & laughs each time a Pak speaker comes on TV & says this.

Funnier than this is the Punjabi ( both Indian and Pakistani) way of pronouncing :

[[[Treasure - Trieure

Measure - Meiiure]]]

One sees & laughs each time a Pak speaker comes on TV & says this.

Hahaha that's like my high school teacher. :D
You don't have to spit out those words that often anyway. :P

And a few errors North Americans make:

You're and your. So many of them can not seem to use them correctly. And one I heard was "I learnt him how to cook" It is "I taught him how to cook" not I learnt him :D

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom