What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

@BlueDot_in_Space , @S-DUCT

I had this doubts watching the last PSLV-XL launch . Please clarify it .

1. Between the 2nd and 3rd or 3rd and 4th stage (I don't remember correctly where) , there was a coasting phase. The rocket was flying without any power for almost 200sec. Is this phase present in every launch or just limited to the XL version ??

2. Also the shroud of the rocket covering the satellite was removed at a height of some 120+ km . Is it because the atmosphere ends there and rest is vacuum , So the shroud is a dead weight without any purpose ???

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Between the 2nd and 3rd or 3rd and 4th stage (I don't remember correctly where) , there was a coasting phase. The rocket was flying without any power for almost 200sec. Is this phase present in every launch or just limited to the XL version ??

2. Also the shroud of the rocket covering the satellite was removed at a height of some 120+ km . Is it because the atmosphere ends there and rest is vacuum , So the shroud is a dead weight without any purpose ???

1.I have the same question too bro,let's hope that Blue has some explanation.

2.Exactly.Shroud protects the payload during ascent phase against the impact of the atmosphere so outside the atmosphere it's removed.

Your rockets blowed up in 2010 and 2011 .

And the last Indian rocket failure was in 2010 .

Prove it... ranting without proof will only make you Indian desperate.

Chinese long march rocket is one of the safest in the world. Last mishap is donkey years of 1996.

Are you really that naive?? you think CPC propaganda machinery will allow such news to get out? They were unlucky in 1996 due to presence of foreign delegates from the sat company.

I wonder how can one be so careless to build a rocket without range safety measures when the launch complex is situated inland with civilian population in the surroundings??

It is more than one and half decade things. Of cos. we learn from mistakes. Chinese rocket is one of the safest. And there is no way to cover up mishap. American is active tracking any of our launch. No way , we can cover up any of our mishap launch. American will be quick to come in and embarass us but our rocket quality is so superior that no blow up after 1996. The American can't do anything about our superior rocket launch success.

Mate, there's a difference between a launch failure.

And a launch failure causing the deaths of hundreds of civilians.

Please don't draw a parallel when there isn't one.

Stop talking nonsense. This is no launch failure then is what? You mean Indian rocket is not a failure?
You mean you stand on top of those Indian rocket blow up debris and you will not get killed? :lol: Probably success to Indian :lol: Bitter pill hard to swallow? You last blow up is so recent while ours last in 1996. Our track record prove Chinese rocket is far superior and safe. Indian rocket shall try emulate Chinese. Fancy you come in here mocking Chinese rocket. If Chinese rocket is lousy then Indian rocket shall be 10 times worst. Last blow up is only 3 years ago, what crap technology you Indian used?

Stop talking nonsense. This is no launch failure then is what? You mean Indian rocket is not a failure?
You mean you stand on top of those Indian rocket blow up debris and you will not get killed? :lol: Probably success to Indian :lol: Bitter pill hard to swallow? You last blow up is so recent while ours last in 1996. Our track record prove Chinese rocket is far superior and safe. Indian rocket shall try emulate Chinese. Fancy you come in here mocking Chinese rocket. If Chinese rocket is lousy then Indian rocket shall be 10 times worst. Last blow up is only 3 years ago, what crap technology you Indian used?

But did anybody die? Nobody is denying that the Chinese space program is ahead of the Indian.

However, safety is the priority, the ISRO puts safety first, wheres it is clearly not the highest priority for the Chinese, success is.

Edit: Are you really saying that there has been no Chinese launch failures in the last 17 years. Impressive if true, please provide a source.

But did anybody die? Nobody is denying that the Chinese space program is ahead of the Indian.

However, safety is the priority, the ISRO puts safety first, wheres it is clearly not the highest priority for the Chinese, success is.

Edit: Are you really saying that there has been no Chinese launch failures in the last 17 years. Impressive if true, please provide a source.

That is not truth for some of your compatriot. See how I get involved in this thread when one of your joker claim Indian rocket wouldn't not want to end up like a failure of Chinese using a 16 years old example where he forget just 3 years ago, one of your own rocket end up like fireworks. Such is the arrogant of Indian who don't even look into mirror of their own standard before talking about some other who are more successful.

Of cos Chinese space launch puts safety on top priority. Using a 16 years old example to gauge Chinese current space standard is a joke! You want to bring up 100 years old thing and talk? How many people get killed in space chinese rocket launch since the 16 years old mishap? Do not forget, we have 5 manned success space mission in our pocket.

That is not truth for some of your compatriot. See how I get involved in this thread when one of your joker claim Indian rocket wouldn't not want to end up like a failure of Chinese using a 16 years old example where he forget just 3 years ago, one of your own rocket end up like fireworks. Such is the arrogant of Indian who don't even look into mirror of their own standard before talking about some other who are more successful.

Of cos Chinese space launch puts safety on top priority. Using a 16 years old example to gauge Chinese current space standard is a joke! You want to bring up 100 years old thing and talk? How many people get killed in space chinese rocket launch since the 16 years old mishap? Do not forget, we have 5 manned success space mission in our pocket.

What I believe the poster was implying is that he would prefer there to be a launch delay rather than a launch failure causing deaths like the Long March incident.

Okay I'll give you that, chances are the erroneous planning that was done for the 1996 event has probably been corrected. However it is of interest that at the time, proper trajectory planning wasn't done so that in the event of a failure the debris from the launch vehicle would fall into the sea. You cannot deny that this is a massive failure on the part of the Chinese space organisation. Could you educate me, what was the fallout of the event in China?

If the same had happened in India it can be guaranteed that ISRO would have been shut down and its scientists defamed.

1. Coasting phase is between 3rd and 4th stage. Only 4th stage has RCS controls for coasting. The phase is present in every launch, but the coast duration varies depending upon the final orbit to be attained. For GTO, its normally around 150-160 secs and in case of SSO, its 10-15 secs.

2. Yep. heat shield is only required for the period of flight through dense atmosphere. beyond that no need.

It is more than one and half decade things. Of cos. we learn from mistakes. Chinese rocket is one of the safest. And there is no way to cover up mishap. American is active tracking any of our launch. No way , we can cover up any of our mishap launch. American will be quick to come in and embarass us but our rocket quality is so superior that no blow up after 1996. The American can't do anything about our superior rocket launch success.

Do you recognize this fire ball??

s5nk.jpg

LOL!! America is not interested in your rocket launch, they have got their hands full with latest initiatives.

GSAT7 or INSAT 4F NAVAL communication and recon Satellite !!!!

satellite is configured to provide a wide range of spectrum ranging from low bit rate voice to high bit rate data communication. The satellite with a service life of 15 years will provide communication capabilities to users over a wide oceanic region as well as the Indian subcontinent.

cl76.jpg

Prove it... ranting without proof will only make you Indian desperate.

Chinese long march rocket is one of the safest in the world. Last mishap is donkey years of 1996.

Lets see who is embarrassed now .

Chinese Rocket failure in 2009 ,

Global Times - Chinese rocket fails to put satellite into orbit

Chinese rocket failure in 2011 ,

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chines...cz-2c-rocket-launch-failed-aug-18-2011-a.html

Looks like in china 2009 and 2011 comes before 1996 ....... :lol:

Do you recognize this fire ball??

s5nk.jpg

LOL!! America is not interested in your rocket launch, they have got their hands full with latest initiatives.

Where is the fireball?, That's just empty booster and escape pod release. That is a manned rocket, most probably shenzhou 9 or 10. I recommend you watch the chinese launch videos on youtube before posting such nonsense.

China is with out a doubt ahead of India in space, but why do Indians like to get so defensive? Acknowledge where you are lacking and work to close the gap, slandering the other party is childish since the facts speak for themselves.

Where is the fireball?, That's just empty booster and escape pod release. That is a manned rocket, most probably shenzhou 9 or 10. I recommend you watch the chinese launch videos on youtube before posting such nonsense.

China is with out a doubt ahead of India in space, but why do Indians like to get so defensive? Acknowledge where you are lacking and work to close the gap, slandering the other party is childish since the facts speak for themselves.

They are not empty booster, but escape pod release causing the fire ball most probably due to fuel leak. You should be aware that escape pod release on shenzhou happens much before the release of boosters. As far as morale lessons are concerned that better suits your CPC trolls.

And china should be ahead with 8 times GDP.

They are not empty booster, but escape pod release causing the fire ball most probably due to fuel leak. You should be aware that escape pod release on shenzhou happens much before the release of boosters. As far as morale lessons are concerned that better suits your CPC trolls.

And china should be ahead with 8 times GDP.

And you know this based on?

I am basing the claim based on the successful and live broadcast of Shenzhou 9 and 10. At such a velocity a fuel leak would have meant an explosion.

Back
Top Bottom