What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

gsLVM3 on the launch pad during a mock launch drill

gslvmk3.jpg

S200 boosters and L110 stages of gsLVM3 vehicle during integration drill

gslvmk31.jpg

:cry: This baby will make my nation proud and depress some neigbours on the east and west:devil:

Plasma wind tunnel test on 1:28 scaled model of Human Space Program Crew Module
Hey Blue is this Indian human crew vehicle. Because I though this program is cancelled and India no longer is working on sending humans in space. Is this program still on??

Plasma wind tunnel test on 1:28 scaled model of Human Space Program Crew Module
Hey Blue is this Indian human crew vehicle. Because I though this program is cancelled and India no longer is working on sending humans in space. Is this program still on??

:cry: This baby will make my nation proud and depress some neigbours on the east and west:devil:
Oh bhai saheb pahale salamat se uda to lo isse tab depress karna east aur west main.kahi pata chala ke 2010 ki tarah diwali aur Christmas ka fireworks ka display ho raha ho south-eastern skies main

Atleast we have the capability to conduct such fireworks.

Anyways we will see a success. :)
Hamaew pass bhi hai fireworks ki capability....hope ke recent ghuari test did light up indian radars on western frontier............:azn:

Yup, its Indian human crew module prototype. Program is very much on and the current phase is technology development phase, where necessary technologies are being developed and tested. Isro has successfully developed reverse flow multiple nozzles solid rocket motor and performed its static tests. This motor will be used as Low altitude Escape Motor (LEM). Isro has also developed and tested a parachute system for Crew Module (CM) deceleration system. Mesh for unfurlable Space Antenna on service module or crew module for high gain communication has been realized. First major milestone activities of the Human Space Project (HSP) are: 1) pad abort test that will demonstrate the performance of crew escape system (CES) and 2) Drop test of crew module from various heights to demonstrate the performance of its deceleration characteristics.

Yup, its Indian human crew module prototype. Program is very much on and the current phase is technology development phase, where necessary technologies are being developed and tested. Isro has successfully developed reverse flow multiple nozzles solid rocket motor and performed its static tests. This motor will be used as Low altitude Escape Motor (LEM). Isro has also developed and tested a parachute system for Crew Module (CM) deceleration system. Mesh for unfurlable Space Antenna on service module or crew module for high gain communication has been realized. First major milestone activities of the Human Space Project (HSP) are: 1) pad abort test that will demonstrate the performance of crew escape system (CES) and 2) Drop test of crew module from various heights to demonstrate the performance of its deceleration characteristics.
When will be these tests. I read Isro annual reports and they mentioned those tests and sad will happen sometime next year.
Thanks for the info. Btw who are you?? Are you working for Isro or in contact with them?

Asking because how do you know that the parachute for deceleration has bee realized??

When will be these tests. I read Isro annual reports and they mentioned those tests and sad will happen sometime next year.
Thanks for the info. Btw who are you?? Are you working for Isro or in contact with them?

Asking because how do you know that the parachute for deceleration has bee realized??

Most probably by end of 2013. I dont work for ISRO, but read alot from different ISRO sources. :P

Acoustic suppression test (acoustic suppression will be used during launch of gsLVM3): massive acoustic shock waves and rocket exhaust can bounce off the launch platform and hit the LVM3, to prevent this ISRO will be using flood of water, very similar concept is used in the launches of Ariane 5 and Space shuttle.

waterjetatmlptop.jpg

Similar tests for space shuttle launch platform

800px-Sound_suppression_water_system_test_at_KSC_Launch_Pad_39A.jpg

Missions Planned by ISRO

The missions planned by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) in the next one year include - 3 Polar Satellite Launch Vehicles, 1 Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle, 2 Communication Satellites, 1 Earth Observation (Ocean) Satellite, 1 Meteorological Satellite, 1 Navigation Satellite and Mars orbiter.

ISRO is planning to accomplish Eight missions by September 2013 which include –

(i) 2 Polar Satellite Launch Vehicles (C20, C22);
(ii) 1 Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (D5);
(iii) 2 Communication Satellites (GSAT-7, GSAT-14);
(iv) 1 Earth Observation (Ocean) Satellite (SARAL);
(v) 1 Meteorological Satellite (INSAT-3D);
(vi) 1 Navigation Satellite (IRNSS-1A). Two (2) missions, which include PSLV-C25 and Mars Orbiter, are planned for October 2013.

The above information was given by the Minister of State in the Ministry Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions and in the Prime Minister’s Office, Shri V. Narayanasamy to the Parliament.

Press Information Bureau English Releases

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is planning to accomplish 10 space missions in the next one year, parliament was informed on Wednesday.

Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office V Narayanasamy told the Lok Sabha that eight of these are planned by September 2013 and the remaining two by 2013-end.

The missions are three polar satellite launch vehicles, one geosynchronous satellite launch vehicle, two communication satellites, one earth observation (ocean) satellite, one meteorological satellite, one navigation satellite and Mars orbiter.

ISRO planning 10 space missions in 2013 | idrw.org

No plans of sending an Indian on moon

India has no plans to put an astronaut on the moon, as of now. Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office V Narayanasamy in the Rajya Sabha on Thursday said this.

The minister also said that the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) had no plans in the immediate future to launch space labs and manned spaceships or set up space stations.

"However, ISRO has undertaken the development critical technologies required for manned missions in the Earth's orbit," he said in a written statement.

ISRO has also initiated studied on Near Earth Objects and deflection strategies for Near Earth Astroids, he added.

Back
Top Bottom