What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

Read a poignant conversation b/w Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam and Navin Patnaik ( the then CM of Orissa ) during time of finalization of Wheeler's Island for India's rocket and missile testing base in his book "Ignited Minds" ... fascinating read.

The speed at which ISRO is advancing I m convinced that in next decade we will see

India-on-moon.jpg

And in 2030-40

man-on-mars.jpg

Only the easy part is over.. Still cryo for MarkIII is 2 to 3 years away. Testing of cryogenic engine will start after success of Mark II only. L110 and S200 are derived from previous engines but cryogenic engine for Mark III is gonna be totally new.

Would you like to expect some surprises? :D This is all I can say ATM.

Would you like to expect some surprises? :D This is all I can say ATM.

i definitely would love ISRO surprise me by sending Cryo this year.. Even static or vaccum test for 3rd stage this year would be enough to surprise me.

ISRO to test indigenous cryogenic engine today

STAFF REPORTER
SHARE · COMMENT · PRINT · T+
Two more, including 1,000-second endurance, tests in coming months: ISRO chief

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will put its cryogenic engine to an acceptance test on Saturday at a special facility at the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre at Mahendragiri in Tamil Nadu, ISRO chief K. Radhakrishnan has said.

Mr. Radhakrishnan had said earlier that they were confident of using an indigenous cryogenic engine to propel a Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) by September.

The GSLV would undergo two more tests, including an endurance test of 1,000 seconds, at the same place in the next few months.

Mr. Radhakrishnan was speaking at the 40-year celebrations of the ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC), where former directors reminisced about the inception of the centre and its initial days, during which it functioned out of a modest shed in Peenya.

“Whenever someone in the country tunes into a television set, makes an STD call or withdraws money from an ATM, there is an element of ISAC behind it,” said T.K. Alex, director of ISAC.

Whether forewarning about cyclones, forecasting the monsoon or identifying natural resources, the 60-odd satellites produced in the last four decades had served the nation with distinction, Mr. Alex said.

Among the satellites slated for launch is a six-tonne satellite that would have between 48 and 60 transponders, said Mr. Alex. It could, however take them up to three years to complete the project.
The Hindu : News / National : ISRO to test indigenous cryogenic engine today

ISRO successfully tests indigenous cryogenic engine

In a major step, ISRO today successfully tested the indigenous cryogenic engine to be used to propel the country's Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle.

The test was conducted at the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre at Mahendragiri in Tamil Nadu's Tirunelveli district.

ISRO successfully tests indigenous cryogenic engine - The Times of India

Disregarding your condescending response, I think you have a fair point about questioning India's that its technologies are indigenous. Departments know that Indian nationalism is bolstered by making such claims. However, you must have noted that the Indian Armed Forces make no attempt to hide their wish for other countries to transfer their technology. After India has acquired technology, it should theoretically be able to replicate it.

Then again what difference does it make if Indians are able to defend themselves after all thats the only reason to have a defense industry

Indian Cheaters

I think you Indians are a bunch of cheaters.

If the DRDO chief hadn't spilled the beans, the world would not have known that the Agni V was using foreign electronics (e.g. Agni V is only 80% indigenous).

Similarly, you have been cheating with your "indigenous" cryogenic engine. The Russian scientists have been helping you. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if you Indians have a copy of the blueprints for the Russian cryogenic rocket engine.

It's the same thing with Indian communications satellites. You couldn't build primitive communication satellites and all of a sudden, you're building advanced satellites.

The same cheating is happening with the Indian balance-beam radar. It takes a lot of hard digging to discover that EADS subsidiary Cassidian is the real designer of the Indian AEW&C.

I'm going to put an asterisk next to all of the recent Indian civilian and military technological achievements unless you can prove a reasonable history of primitive prototypes and gradual improvements.

You Indian Cheaters!

You're using billions of dollars to buy foreign tech and you're calling it indigenous!

Calling us cheaters might help you control your stomach burn but the reality is non of your above quotes even come close to reality. ISRO has a dedicated propulsion research centre and test centre, DRDO has a dedicated Rader Test centre and Laboratory , If Saraswat has told that the missile is 80% indigenous then how the hell are we cheating, we are open on the stuffs which are indigenous and which are partial. saraswat is not only the chief of Missile program but for the entire R&D of DRDO. Dosent your country assemble weapons by importing parts from other countries, so even the United States of America cheats by calling their stuffs indigenous...

Calling us cheaters might help you control your stomach burn but the reality is non of your above quotes even come close to reality. ISRO has a dedicated propulsion research centre and test centre, DRDO has a dedicated Rader Test centre and Laboratory , If Saraswat has told that the missile is 80% indigenous then how the hell are we cheating, we are open on the stuffs which are indigenous and which are partial. saraswat is not only the chief of Missile program but for the entire R&D of DRDO. Dosent your country assemble weapons by importing parts from other countries, so even the United States of America cheats by calling their stuffs indigenous...

China spent decades working on its satellites. The Dong Fang Hong 1 was launched on April 24, 1970. It took 40 years to develop the modern DFH-4 54-transponders-maximum 15-year-lifetime satellite.

You Indians have no history of evolutionarily developing ever-more sophisticated satellites. Just like the Cassidian-designed Indian AEW&C, your Indian satellite and military technologies are popping out of thin air. If it isn't Cassidian then it's the Russians. None of those technologies are Indian.

You are a bunch of cheaters and I'm going to put an asterisk next to your "indigenous" accomplishments. Either show everyone the step-by-step Indian progress or openly acknowledge Russian or Cassidian work. You Indians should not take credit for someone else's impressive accomplishment.

China spent decades working on its satellites. Dong Fang Hong 1 was launched on April 24, 1970. It took 40 years to develop the modern DFH-4 54-transponders-maximum 15-year-lifetime satellite.

You Indians have no history of evolutionarily developing ever-more sophisticated satellites. Just like the Cassidian-designed Indian AEW&C, your Indian satellite and military technologies are popping out of thin air. If it isn't Cassidian then it's the Russians. None of those technologies are Indian.

You are a bunch of cheaters and I'm going to put an asterisk next to your "indigenous" accomplishments. Either show everyone the step-by-step Indian progress or openly acknowledge Russian or Cassidian credit. You Indians should not take credit for someone else's impressive accomplishment.

Hey , no one cares about your opinion of us. You come from a country where 90% of the weapons are cheap Russian copies. Even your stealth craft you boast about came from a downed US fighter. Countries like Russia are afraid to sell you weapons because they know you will reverse engineer them and sell cheap copies abroad. You Chinese are the biggest cheaters. You people are masters in copyright infringements , reverse engineering and piracy. And what you cannot reverse engineer , you send your spies to steal the blueprints . Don't spill all your Bull**** here and don't try to take the moral highground. I can take this bullshit from an american or a russian , but not from a chinese whose country is the biggest cheater on the planet .

Here's what the world thinks of your research papers.
http://science.slashdot.org/story/10/04/19/0132246/chinas-research-ambitions-hurt-by-faked-results
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/07/world/asia/07fraud.html?pagewanted=all

90 %of chinese students cheat on applications to US universities. I personally bet you are one of them

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-levy/college-applicants-cheat_b_1074544.html

So just stop calling others cheaters you ***** cheater. If you want to see a cheater , just look in the mirror. Btw , can you tell me how you cheated in your university application, I know a guy whose English is weak and wants to enter a US university. Since you people are expert in this kind of stuff , i ask you.

China spent decades working on its satellites. The Dong Fang Hong 1 was launched on April 24, 1970. It took 40 years to develop the modern DFH-4 54-transponders-maximum 15-year-lifetime satellite.

You are a bunch of cheaters and I'm going to put an asterisk next to your "indigenous" accomplishments. Either show everyone the step-by-step Indian progress or openly acknowledge Russian or Cassidian work. You Indians should not take credit for someone else's impressive accomplishment.

ok...we are cheaters...at least we arent accused for stealing technology...happy??.....

china china china china....bs

Back
Top Bottom