What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

High Drama in UP Politics.

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/u...uld-back-state-party-chiefs-pick-3337834.html

Amid growing suspense over who would be the chief ministerial pick of the Bharatiya Janata Party in Uttar Pradesh, Amit Shah on Thursday said that the party will endorse its state unit president's choice.

The move brought to a jarring halt the speculations around Keshav Prasad Maurya's chances to be the state's chief minister, who until Wednesday, was being considered amid the front-runners to the top job in key Hindi heartland state.

And this Resulted in .......

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...ya-admitted-to-icu-rml-hospital-delhi-report/

Keshav Prasad Maurya, the Uttar Pradesh unit chief of the BJP and a chief ministerial contender, was admitted to the ICU of RML Hospital in New Delhi, news agency ANI reported. It said the leader has problems related to blood pressure and will remain under observation today. :P

72514508.jpg

PM Narendra Modi declares fresh Dalit outreach plans
Exhorting BJP MPs to work relentlessly for the party's future goals, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced plans on Thursday for a fresh Dalit outreach to be crafted around BR Ambedkar's 125th birth anniversary celebrations and for enlisting youth in the organisation's growth strategy.

" Na baithunga, na baithne dunga (I will not rest myself, nor will I let others do so)," Modi told BJP MPs who felicitated him and party chief Amit Shah for the party's success in the latest round of assembly polls.

The PM immediately proceeded to set the next target for MPs as he asked them to organise week-long celebrations to mark Ambedkar's birth anniversary from April 8 to April 14 and popularise the use of BHIM app developed by the government to promote digital economy.

"Ambedkar is yet to get what he deserved," Modi said, echoing BJP's charge that Congress regimes promoted members of the Gandhi-Nehru family at the cost of other stalwarts.

He also said the government will introduce a coin on April 14 to mark the 125th anniversary of the leading framer of the Constitution.

The week-long calendar of celebrations over his 125th birth anniversary is part of a series of steps the Modi government and the Sangh Parivar have taken to embrace Ambedkar.

The timing of the move to scale up is significant: it comes in the immediate wake of the rout of BSP because of, among other things, diminution of support among non-Jatav Dalits. BSP holds Ambedkar as its leading icon.

The debacle is likely to cause some churn among Jatavs, BSP's core constituency, and this may tempt BJP to probe openings in what is regarded as the Dalit outfit's impenetrable fort.

The PM's pitch for popularising BHIM app, named after Ambedkar, is also significant because of the near consensus that popular endorsement of demonetisation was one of the factors which contributed to the saffron landslide in UP.

The huge mandate is sure to spur the government to follow through the radical decision to scrap high value currencies with measures to promote digitisation of the economy.

The PM asked MPs to enlist youths as "ambassadors" of the government's public welfare work and good governance.

Modi said youngsters depended on mobile phones more than newspapers and TV channels to get information. He stressed on the need to use mobile communication to tap them. He also asked party leaders to contact them while they are in Class XII.
Top Comment
good that modi doing work for Dalit. but do not increase or involve in reservation for dalit Sandip Patel

Shah stressed that MPs and others in the party should dedicate themselves to future challenges. He said the party's win was the outcome of people's vote against casteism, family rule and corruption, and marked an endorsement of Modi's leadership.

He referred to welfare schemes and the "bold" demonetisation decision among measures which earned government support.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...reach-plans/articleshow/57680245.cms?from=mdr

केंद्र में नरेंद्र मुंबई में देवेंद्र देहरादून में त्रिवेंद्र U.P में "योगी" दिल्ली में "रोगी"! :D

I am no big fan of Yogi but i trust in Modi/Shah duo's selection as they are not fools to spoil their 2019 prospect . Looking at the celebration of the BJP supporters i feel that this guy is not as bad as the media trying to project him to be .Hope yogi gives development/Law & Order of UP his top priority as this state has been plagued too much by the Goonadism/Communalism/Casteism by SP/BSP duo for too long

I am no big fan of Yogi but i trust in Modi/Shah duo's selection as they are not fools to spoil their 2019 prospect . Looking at the celebration of the BJP supporters i feel that this guy is not as bad as the media trying to project him to be .Hope yogi gives development/Law & Order of UP his top priority as this state has been plagued too much by the Goonadism/Communalism/Casteism by SP/BSP duo for too long
Seems like Yogi was not Modi or Shahs choice, they were arm twisted into it by the realities of UP politics. They wanted Manoj Sinha , who IMO would have been a fantastic CM. .

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...into-decision-making/articleshow/57710007.cms

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom