What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

What concerns me here the most is AAP opening their account in Goa. Now that is something I wouldn't want even worse than AAP winning Punjab.

AAP is simply filling the vacuum being created by the demise of Congress. I d be worried if they win substantial seats in say Gujarat.

Bhai, what is this "liberal" bs?
Oh come on you know what I mean. BJP and its supporters are supposed to be "Communal" , "Illiberal" "Sanghis". The people opposing BJP by definition are "Liberals" and "Seculars". Even though they dont fit the definition of the term. They define themselves as being Liberals and Seculars. So whats wrong in calling them that?

Oh come on you know what I mean. BJP and its supporters are supposed to be "Communal" , "Illiberal" "Sanghis". The people opposing BJP by definition are "Liberals" and "Seculars". Even though they dont fit the definition of the term. They define themselves as being Liberals and Seculars. So whats wrong in calling them that?

I am extremely illiberal and conservative. Only my conservatism is at odds with Hindu conservatism.

Hope that explains.

I am extremely illiberal and conservative. Only my conservatism is at odds with Hindu conservatism.

Hope that explains.
You are not alone. Akrabuddin Owaisi is also a good example. And so is Digvijay singh and Mulayam

But the thing is you are a minority of people who admit they are illiberal. Rest of them have a cloak of liberalism and Secularism given to them by the media and they themselves say they are liberal and secular just because they oppose the BJP

Atleast BJP is not hypocrite. They openly say they are conservative. Can you name one truly liberal and secular party? As per me there is no one

You are not alone. Akrabuddin Owaisi is also a good example. And so is Digvijay singh and Mulayam

But the thing is you are a minority of people who admit they are illiberal. Rest of them have a cloak of liberalism and Secularism given to them by the media and they themselves say they are liberal and secular just because they oppose the BJP

Atleast BJP is not hypocrite. They openly say they are conservative. Can you name one truly liberal and secular party? As per me there is no one

I see no reason for all of us not to be equal pricks at the same time. The more the merrier.

Looking forward to the BJP getting its *** whipped in the next elections.

On two grounds.

1) For not using the mandate we gave it to actually serve us. And playing petty beef and ghar wapsi politics instead. Extremely disappointing to be honest. Gutted in fact.

2) For allowing ugly black pustules a free hand in our society.

Last edited:
I see no reason for all of us to be equal pricks at the same time. The more the merrier.

Looking forward to the BJP getting its *** whipped in the next elections.

On two grounds.

1) For not using the mandate we gave it to actually serve us. And playing petty beef and ghar wapsi politics instead. Extremely disappointing to be honest. Gutted in fact.

2) For allowing ugly black pustules a free hand in our society.
Next election you mean 2019?

First lets see the result on March 11th. We will see how people react to illiberal policies of BJP and the Demonetization.

Let me tell you. I firmly believe that 2019 is also going to be BJP for the simple reason that there is no credible alternate to them

I firmly believe that 2019 is also going to be BJP for the simple reason that there is no credible alternate to them

A very telling statement sir.

Yes, 2019.

I was actually disappointed about Bihar. No more.

Hope that explains.

You will find conservatives long term get along best with other conservatives (even though they may make the most convenient short term foes). There is a reason why the lasting peace between Israel and Egypt that continues to this day was signed between two staunch "conservatives". There is no pussy-footing around and hypocrisy about this and that....and only clear bare bones truth talk, dont hold views back and lasting sincere negotiation, compromise and accomodation based on it.....to give the time and space needed for society to churn, reform and homogenise to the extent it can over time.

You will find conservatives long term get along best with other conservatives (even though they may make the most convenient short term foes). There is a reason why the lasting peace between Israel and Egypt that continues to this day was signed between two staunch "conservatives". There is no pussy-footing around and hypocrisy about this and that....and only clear bare bones truth talk, dont hold views back and lasting sincere negotiation, compromise and accomodation based on it.....to give the time and space needed for society to churn, reform and homogenise to the extent it can over time.

Very true.

Till one conservative ideology sets forth to wipe out the other.

upload_2017-3-9_13-20-24.png

Looks like Congress has already accepted its defeat.

Very true.

Till one conservative ideology sets forth to wipe out the other.

Well I don't see that happening in India. In the end most people in India do not put the money where their mouth is (when it comes to such matters esp).

India would have torn itself apart further quite quickly after 1947 (after the initial tear up) if that were the case....with or without the official veneer of "secularism"....and not just based on religion either.

Well I don't see that happening in India. In the end most people in India do not put the money where their mouth is (when it comes to such matters esp).

India would have torn itself apart further quite quickly after 1947 (after the initial tear up) if that were the case....with or without the official veneer of "secularism".

The avaricious rapaciousness and subsequent demise of the Congress has let the dogs out sir.

I do not share your optimism and faith in our pluralism and tolerance anymore.

@Nilgiri a somewhat personal question. When was the last time you visited India. And how long did you live here.

Last edited:
The avaricious rapaciousness and subsequent demise of the Congress has let the dogs out sir.

I do not share your optimism and faith in our pluralism and tolerance anymore.

I agree something progressive and centrist (rather than leftist) has to fill this void left by the congress.

If only to prevent the BJP from resting on its laurels and getting complacent.

Very sad that nothing is truly taking shape past a bunch of lame regional alliances of the same political cacophony.

As for you not sharing my optimism and faith in the matter....fair enough...I have not been to much of the interior areas of the hindi heartland. I tend to scrape around the coasts and the deccan in my sojourns...I probably do not have the full picture it is true.

But from hindsight of 2 - 3 years of BJP now given many were predicting a gujarat-style pogrom/riot every month or even every week right after Modi took power...I can safely say that the "inertia" inherent in basic Indian culture is quite a sizeable force...and I expect that to continue. Any hue that it changes into would be a long term phenomenon rather than one imparted impulsively by whatever group.

But from hindsight of 2 - 3 years of BJP now given many were predicting a gujarat-style pogrom/riot every month or even every week right after Modi took power...I can safely say that the "inertia" inherent in basic Indian culture is quite a sizeable force...and I expect that to continue. Any hue that it changes into would be a long term phenomenon rather than one imparted impulsively by whatever group.

The Hindu is silent sir. His initial euphoria at a Hindu party coming to power and potentially siccing it to the ugly Muslim has evaporated some time ago. To different degrees. A quiet unease has taken its place. Though the social media, twitter and whatsapp bravado continues for now.

What is left is a party that is finding ruling a whole lot different to canvassing on an anti incumbency wave.

The Muslims are keeping quiet. Which is further making it difficult for the BJP to whip up the same hysteria of 2014.

You say no pogroms. I say no bomb blasts. No anti national activity.

Its a conspiracy .... and the BJP is being exposed.

Back
Top Bottom