What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

i agree these were centuries old customs, but may be we were following customs which were bereft of morality, like ppl from lower castes not allowed to visit temples, gender inequality, sati and child marriages. So to me it sounds fine when SC passes laws overriding such customs and traditions.

No one can disagree. The question being asked whether it is being selective & do all such practices regardless of religion get dealt in the same way? If that happens, no real issue.

i knew everything already....so nothing new for me

Nah I meant what would be it's implications. I see people questioning Chhotepur character on twitter, so I don't think it's a huge set back for AAP.

Haji Ali and Shaneshwar temple judgements prove my point. :)

Those cases are red herrings, the real test will be on personal laws.

Cases like Jalli kattu & Dahi Handi weaken the argument especially if you refuse to look at public slaughter of animals during some other festivals.

Those cases are red herrings, the real test will be on personal laws.

Cases like Jalli kattu & Dahi Handi weaken the argument especially if you refuse to look at public slaughter of animals during some other festivals.
Rome was not built in a day.
It takes time, specially in case of a democracy. I'm positive of good times ahead. :)

Nah I meant what would be it's implications. I see people questioning Chhotepur character on twitter, so I don't think it's a huge set back for AAP.

chotepur is not a rich fella..........he has same amount of property that he had when he became mla for first time...........rest people hate him because of his hardcore stands taken regarding sikh issues..........he was a cabinet minister when he reigned in protest of entry of police in golden temple.......same as Capt arminder did...........he also stayed in jail for more then one year.

I personally think it doesnt effect Chotepur much ..he was a independent politician .....he will be stay like that in future too.......a last breed of true Akalis left now........5 circle incharges out of 13 in punjab were at his PC............and more then 10 district heads were with him ( punjab doesnt have more then 20 districts).........saying it wont effect AAP is laughable

As far i know , AAP is dead in Majha area of Punjab till they pull out something out of the hat...........otherwise AAP should forget winning elections now.

u should look at video of Jasraj Jassi on his facebook account regadig this

chotepur is not a rich fella..........he has same amount of property that he had when he became mla for first time...........rest people hate him because of his hardcore stands taken regarding sikh issues..........he was a cabinet minister when he reigned in protest of entry of police in golden temple.......same as Capt arminder did...........he also stayed in jail for more then one year.

I personally think it doesnt effect Chotepur much ..he was a independent politician .....he will be stay like that in future too.......a last breed of true Akalis left now........5 circle incharges out of 13 in punjab were at his PC............and more then 10 district heads were with him ( punjab doesnt have more then 20 districts).........saying it wont effect AAP is laughable

As far i know , AAP is dead in Majha area of Punjab till they pull out something out of the hat...........otherwise AAP should forget winning elections now.

u should look at video of Jasraj Jassi on his facebook account regadig this

How damning do you think that 'Kejriwal being an Anti Sikh' by Chhotepur in his press conference would be?

Back
Top Bottom