• >10

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters

arp2041

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
MODS IT IS MY HUMBLE REQUEST TO MAKE THIS THREAD STICKY TILL THE OLYMPICS GET OVER

2010-10-02%20Abhinav.jpg

With around 50 days to go for London Olympics Indian athletes are all set to do the nation proud. This can be India's best Olympics ever, since past performance are clearly favoring a change in India's medal tally........

1. This will be India's largest ever contingent ever to the Olympics with 75 athletes (more will be added) taking part in 13 sports in the games.

2. India had the best ever commonwealth performance in 2010 with second rank just behind Australia.

3. India had the best ever (in terms of total medals) Asian games in 2010.

4. India had the best ever olympic performance in last olympics in Beijing (with 1 gold, 2 bronze medals)

There are many medal prospects in the current Indian contingent, with special eye on performance of these players:

1. Saina Nehwal
2. Mary kom
3. Vijendar Singh
4. Sushil kumar
5. Abhinav Bindra
6. Gagan Narang

& many more.............

Not only this our Hockey team has recovered from the setback of not qualifying in the last instalment & is fully charged up this time around winning bronze in just concluded Azlan Shah hockey cup.

These 75 athletes carry the hope of 1.2 billion people. Last time we came at 50th rank......what will be it now????

^^add tennis to that list. Mixed doubles at least!!

& btw.. you missed the best medal hope.. Dipika Kumari in archery!!

Thanks mate, not only Dipika kumari but i hope all 75 earn glory for the nation ........ :tup:

Abhinav Bindra Air Rifle

Sanjeev Rajput won gold medal in world cup 50m Air Rifle

Mens Double Tennis leander paes Mahesh Bhupati

It would be great if some people post briefly about players and their achievements.....:tup:

Who said power in today's world is measured in terms of military strength, in today's world where direct military conflict is thing of the past & nearly impossible, nations compete to show there power & prosperity in Olympics...:tup:

this is true to a large extent as US was called the sole superpower since it nearly always came rank 1 in medal's tally, now it is seeing China as a threat b'coz in last games, US was displaced by China for Numero Uno position.

Manavjit Singh Sandhu(TRAP SHOOTER)

04sld6.jpg

Career

ISSF World Shooting Championships
gold 2006
Commonwealth Games
gold 1998
bronze 2006
Asian Games
Silver 1998
Silver 2002
Silver 2006,
four gold medals at the Asian Clay Shooting Championships
gold at the trap shooting World Cup in Mexico..

Geeta Phogat..(WRESTLER)

Geeta-Phogat.jpg

Major wins:

Commonwealth Wrestling Championship
Gold 2009

2010 Commonwealth Games
Gold 2010

i hope India wins a 3-4 gold medals this Olympic :) ...

When I was a kid, our school organized an Indian movie shown inside my school used as a moral lecture. The movie is about Pilavullakandi Thekkevarambil Usha, so I used to have this impression that India was pretty strong in track and field, what happened since then?

Back
Top Bottom