What's new

Indian navy's project 15B is now Bengaluru class destroyers???

The specification of P-17A is yet to be conceived fully.

Skull
and Bones
The specification of
P-17A is yet to be
conceived fully.
so we copy them like
japan and s.Korea
or only buy aegis
combat system. like
Spain?
Originally Posted by Skull
and Bones
The specification of
P-17A is yet to be
conceived fully.
so we copy them like
japan and s.Korea
or only buy aegis
combat system. like
Spain?
and sir are u have
specification of
P-17A???

Any specifications?

Indian Navy should protect trade between India, E.Asia, Middle-East, Europe etc....

Future trade will bring tremendous wealth to wider Islamic World, and will boast the already globally expanding Islamic Culture, Inshallah...

In coming years, say in 2030, 2.2 billion Muslims, spread all across the planet, will be doing alot of trade with India, China, Europe etc..Its a win-win for everyone..

In coming years, India and China will increasing trading with each other. As well as with other Countries of the world who happen to have citizen professing various faiths as well as faithless people ie rank Atheists.
International Trade is not based on religions; neither was it so based in medieval times. So any talk of Muslim Trade is absurd. Trade is Trade. Money has just value; no color, no Religion! And Money is both the basis and reason for Trade; there is no other.

About India protecting Trade; India is not the "world's policeman" and is not even hoping to be. Only USA has aspired to that role, in the past and present.
India will protect its own trade and own SLOCs first of all.
After that India will contribute to the Security of Trade routes passing through the region to the extent that it sees fit or according to an international mandate. Nothing more than that.

After that India will retain the ability to interdict the Trade Routes as required by its own Strategic Interests and requirements.
That is the only way that India will grow and project its Maritime Power.

any one have
specification of p-15b and
P-17A???

P 17A from wikipedia, check out the sources in wiki:

"The experience gained in designing the Project 17 Shivalik class frigates will be applied to the P17A. The P17A frigates will improve upon the P17 in terms of stealth. They will have covered mooring deck and the number of antennae on the ship will be reduced by using a multi-functional radar. The P17A will also feature better options for roll stabilization and have a slick appearance. The weapon platform in the P-17A ships will be compact and they will be armed with the Barak 8 surface-to-air missile being developed jointly by India and Israel and the Brahmos cruise missile. The weapon systems will be flush-deck mounted that will allow vertical launch of missiles from under the deck.[3]
Build times will be cut down and productivity improved through the use of modular integrated construction.[4]"

Was expecting it to be bit heavier. But Good Firepower. Destroyer in true sense.

1.Hopefully the Project 15B will be armed with the Nirbhay land attack cruise missile (1,000 km range), the hypersonic Brahmos-2 anti-ship cruise missile (300 km range) and Extended Range Surface to Air Missile (ER-SAM) also known as Barak 8ER (120 km range).

2.About the mast and radar, though i am not sure about it,i hope it will be similiar to the kolkata class ,i.e a combo of Indian and foreign components.

for kolkata class,

IAI EL/M-2248 MF-STAR Multi-mission radar (Active Electronically Scanned Array)
IAI EL/M-2238 L-band STAR surveillance radar
BEL HUMSA-NG sonar:yahoo:
BEL RAWL-02 /Thales LW-08 D-band air search radar :yahoo:
BEL Nagin active towed array sonar:yahoo:
BEL Electronic Modular Command & Control Applications (EMCCA Mk4) combat management system:yahoo:

@Abingdonboy:Please clarify bro

Nice to see so much INDEGINOUS equipment on our ships

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade has always had a social basis..

Also, wouldn't it be better to build subs as destroyers are vulnerable on the waves? Or an aircraft carrier?? I know about now following what others do, but wasn't the age of the destroyer over after ww2?

edit - Unless you are building a navy to face insurgents vs other standing armies.

LOLL you are a funny guy. Welcome to PDF to entertain us.

Trade has always had a social basis..

Also, wouldn't it be better to build subs as destroyers are vulnerable on the waves? Or an aircraft carrier?? I know about now following what others do, but wasn't the age of the destroyer over after ww2?

edit - Unless you are building a navy to face insurgents vs other standing armies.

No the age of huge monstrous battleships was over during WW2. Destroyers are the main force of any navy with blue water capabilities.

Will read more about it later, been focusing on other things as it's not of as much strategic value for me, or of matter in my life.

Peace brother.

I guess most civilians have more important things to do than to study the strategic value of battleship ;)

PS: They will most likely receive the same name: Kolkatta class. Remember its just an upgraded version, not an entirely new ship ;)

PS: They will most likely receive the same name: Kolkatta class. Remember its just an upgraded version, not an entirely new ship ;)

Possible names:

INS Bangalore
INS Hyderabad
INS Trivandrum
INS Srinagar
INS Your suggestion

Any specifications?

- ~8,000 tonnes

Sensors include:

-EL/M-2248 S-band active phased-array multi-function surveillance and threat alert radar (MF-STAR)

Naval+Barak-2+%2528left%2529+%2526+ELM-2248+MF-STAR.jpg

The MF-STAR uses pulse-Doppler techniques, multiple beam-forming and advanced high-PRF waveforms to extract stressing and low radar cross-section threats even in conditions of heavy jamming and dense clutter. Key functionalities include three-dimensional volume search, missile horizon search, multi-target tracking, surface surveillance, helicopter detection, gunnery control and splash spotting. The MF-STAR can initiate tracks against sea-skimming anti-ship cruise missiles at ranges in excess of 25km, and out to more than 250km for a high-flying combat aircraft. On the MF-STAR fibre-optic cables have replaced the earlier-generation waveguide and coax cables, which has substantially reduced the radar’s weight so it can be installed on board warships.

-RAN-40L Air Search Radar (same system is used on the IAC-1 and P-17A)

RAN-40L+radar.jpg

Indigenous+Aircraft+Carrier+INS+Vikrant.jpg

Btw, (IMHO) this combo of the RAN-40L and EL/M-2248 MF-STAR offers the IN, arguably, the most capable such system on the sea, bar none. This view is shared by many in the defence world.

Weapons:

-64 (in vertical launch systems) Barak-2’s MR-SAM ( @Yogi I have heard the BARAK-8ER with 120KM range will be fitted but this remains to be confirmed)

-100 mm gun

-2xCIWS (the exact CIWS to be used is still unknown)

-8 Bhramos (in vertical launch cells). The plan is for the Bhramos-2 hyper-sonic CMs but we will have to wait and see how the Bhramos-2 project comes along.

- An unknown number of Nirbhays. Again the plans are for this missile to be on-board at some point, we will have to wait and see whether the system is ready in time or will be fitted post commissioning of the P-15B.

Aviation

- 2 multi-role medium helos. Going by the timeline we expect to see the P-15B in service there is no doubt the ship will be housing 2 S-70Bs.

No offical renders of the P-15B yet, here is the -A:

Kolkata-Class.jpg

This is just the "headline" stuff as you can imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
+ anyone know if there any IN ships named after Punjabi cities/towns?

+ not that I really care about what a ship is named or any of that sentimentality, just was racking my brains and couldn't think of one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom