What's new

Indian navy's project 15B is now Bengaluru class destroyers???

king of pop

BANNED
Reaction score
In January 2011, the Indian Cabinet Committee for Security approved four more Kolkata destroyers to be built as Project 15B. The Project 15B vessel will retain the hull form of Kolkata class destroyers and most of its systems, there will be some significant upgrades. For example, some structural changes in the superstructure will improve stealth and include better sound and infrared suppression. The Project 15B will also differ from the Project 15A through employing a fully flush deck. This will improves stealth because of the smoothness of the overall deck with far fewer angles and corners. The displacement of each Project 15B will be approximately 7,000 tons, a 200 ton addition over the Project 15A Kolkatas.

. Project 15B will also be armed with the new Nirbhay land attack cruise missile (1,000 km range), the hypersonic Brahmos-II anti-ship cruise missile (300 km range) and an Extended Range Surface to Air Missile (ER-SAM) (100 km range).

Construction of the first Project 15B, INS Bengaluru, D66, has already started and is well underway..

Whatever the name, these P-15Bs are going to rule the waves! The latest on board equipment coupled with devastating firepower means these beasts are going to be hard to match for most navies on the planet. It is no exaggeration to say these Destroyers will be one of the best, if not the best Destroyer sailing when it is commissioned.

Whatever the name, these P-15Bs are going to rule the waves! The latest on board equipment coupled with devastating firepower means these beasts are going to be hard to match for most navies on the planet. It is no exaggeration to say these Destroyers will be one of the best, if not the best Destroyer sailing when it is commissioned.

Any specifications?

Indian Navy should protect trade between India, E.Asia, Middle-East, Europe etc....

Future trade will bring tremendous wealth to wider Islamic World, and will boast the already globally expanding Islamic Culture, Inshallah...

In coming years, say in 2030, 2.2 billion Muslims, spread all across the planet, will be doing alot of trade with India, China, Europe etc..Its a win-win for everyone..

. Project 15B will also be armed with the new Nirbhay land attack cruise missile (1,000 km range), the hypersonic Brahmos-II anti-ship cruise missile (300 km range) and an Extended Range Surface to Air Missile (ER-SAM) (100 km range).

Thats some firepower.
001.jpg

i would have liked the class name after the mahajanapadas.......the names are so badass...bengaluru sounds so mehhhh....:agree:

:hitwall: not a single kolkata class have rolled out yet , and work already started for 15B ? :frown:

:hitwall: not a single kolkata class have rolled out yet , and work already started for 15B ? :frown:

hey, we can always construct the hulls ! Btw, a scale prototype of hypersonic brahmos is not even ready forget about a proper test soon.. Actually I stopped reading the article when the firepower mentioned Hypersonic Brahmos !

@abing
1)Are P-15Bs going to have Brahmos-2 for Antishipping roles?
2)Any info on Mast and radar(Indegenous or Foreign)?

@abing
1)Are P-15Bs going to have Brahmos-2 for Antishipping roles?
2)Any info on Mast and radar(Indegenous or Foreign)?

1.Hopefully the Project 15B will be armed with the Nirbhay land attack cruise missile (1,000 km range), the hypersonic Brahmos-2 anti-ship cruise missile (300 km range) and Extended Range Surface to Air Missile (ER-SAM) also known as Barak 8ER (120 km range).

2.About the mast and radar, though i am not sure about it,i hope it will be similiar to the kolkata class ,i.e a combo of Indian and foreign components.

for kolkata class,

IAI EL/M-2248 MF-STAR Multi-mission radar (Active Electronically Scanned Array)
IAI EL/M-2238 L-band STAR surveillance radar
BEL HUMSA-NG sonar:yahoo:
BEL RAWL-02 /Thales LW-08 D-band air search radar :yahoo:
BEL Nagin active towed array sonar:yahoo:
BEL Electronic Modular Command & Control Applications (EMCCA Mk4) combat management system:yahoo:

@Abingdonboy:Please clarify bro

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats call modular approach.. Parallel processing..

:undecided: really? total 3 kolkata class have to be made , till we dont have a idea when the single will go out to sea . none of a wapon systems are ready , they saying about nirbhay,, which as per DRDO will enter in service no before 2018 ,
as per article work has already stared for hull , so are u talling me they gonna need 5-6 year for construction ? :unsure: isnt this is sad

Hey!! Whats wrong with Bangaluru?? thats my city.

:D whatever dude , its not sounds bada$$

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom