What's new

Indian Navy wants to induct 200 aircraft’s by 2020

Indian Navy to Buy Advanced Trainers

Indian Navy to Buy Advanced Trainers | India Defence Online

India Defence Online, New Delhi – The Indian Navy is once again restructuring its plans of acquiring 17 Hawk Advanced Jet Trainers (AJTs) of BAE systems which will be manufactured under licence by the state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL).

According to the Indian Navy, the acquisition of Hawk AJTs is crucial to boost the capabilities of its fighter pilots and training them in an advanced multi-role fighter like the Hawk AJT is imperative. The Hawk AJT consists of a state-of-the-art avionics suite and navigation/attack system, a modern glass cockpit and HOTAS (Hands on Throttle and Stick) controls.

The navigation and attack system comprises of many sub-systems inter-connected through a digital multiplex data bus. It provides the flight, navigation and weapon aiming information displayed on the head-up-display and the head-down multi-functional display.

BAE Systems of the UK has been aware of the Indian Navy’s requirement for an advanced jet trainer. In fact, the Indian Navy was considering purchasing 18 Hawk 100-series AJT from the BAE Systems way back in 2006. The Hawk AJT has also been acquired by the Indian Air Force (IAF).

In 2008, India had signed a contract for the procurement of 66 Hawk AJT aircraft for the IAF, out of which 42 were to be manufactured by HAL after technology transfer from BAE Systems. The Indian Navy has also opted for the Hawk AJT instead of its US naval variant Goshawk, and is going in for 17 of them to observe commonality with IAF in terms of maintenance and services.

MOST IMPORTANTLY IT WILL MAKE INAF THE SECOND LARGEST NAVAL AIRFORCE AFTER USA.

WITH 150 4.5 GEN TOTALLY NEW ...

MIG 29K
F35/RAFALE/SH
NAVAL LCA

IT WILL BE A MASSIVELY POWERFUL FORCE.

WOW..

JAI HO.

Well dude ,lets not be over optimistic shall , now before proclaiming INAF to be second largest in the world , you should check out the airwing of Russian Navy and PLAN both of which operate 400 aircraft in Naval aviation
while india has only about 240 aircraft in naval aviation , which is slightly more than that of British Royal Navy

As far as future procurements are concerned , i fully agree with the figure of 200 aircraft in the next 10 yrs what i dont agree with is the ratio of different aircrafts

For one THE NUMBER OF NLCA PROCUREMENTS HAS FALLEN TO 20
i know it was 50 before but indian navy could not wait for it till 2014 ,so it ordered 29 aditional mig29k which are any way much more capable than NLCA
So the Fighter number will be something like this

45 MIG29K
20 NLCA
40 F35/RAFALE/SUPERHORNET
Thats 105 Not 150 as some guys are saying
While rest of procurements will be as follows

50 Utility Helicopters ( Sirkozy , Augusta westland or Kamov)
15 Anti sub Helicopter with option for 45 more ( Kamov , Sirkozy)
10 AEWC Helicopters ( Kamov)
12 P8I Anti sub aircraft
06 Reconissance aircraft ( Donnier)
20 Light transport aircraft ( saras)
10 medium lift aircraft ( Lockheed Martin)
10 Sea planes
03 AWACS ( E-2D HAWKEYE)
17 Advance Jet trainers ( Bae Hawk)
40 Intermediate Jet trainers ( Hal Sitara)
30 UAVS (Harop,Harpy )
Thats pretty much every thing which the indian naval aviation is acquiring or plans to acquire BY 2020

You can add 50-60 Helicopters and about 30 UAVS and 20 other fixed wing aircraft of the present fleet air arm which will last beyond 2025
the rest of the aircrafts will be replaced by the above.
You might find that the above quoted figure is exceeding the total amount of 200 aircrafts being quoted in the article , this could be becoz i have even taken aircrafts like the Mig29k and P8I Posidon which have already been ordered or under induction and maybe the writer of article did not count them but the above figures quoted by me are the max number likely to be inducted by 2020 , most likely , the induction will continue till 2025

45 MIG29K
20 NLCA

no dude it is over 150 you are forgetting

16 current MIG29K
11 sea harriers (now cleared to fly again)
45 MIG29K
20 NLCA
40 F35/RAFALE/SUPER HORNET
and i think navy is considering to buy 20 more NLCA

and by 2016-2018 navy will decide when to start construction for IAC-3 and IAC-4( most probably nuclear reactor propulsion 70K ton+) means about 90 more aircrafts :sniper::devil:

Well dude ,lets not be over optimistic shall , now before proclaiming INAF to be second largest in the world , you should check out the airwing of Russian Navy and PLAN both of which operate 400 aircraft in Naval aviation
while india has only about 240 aircraft in naval aviation , which is slightly more than that of British Royal Navy

As far as future procurements are concerned , i fully agree with the figure of 200 aircraft in the next 10 yrs what i dont agree with is the ratio of different aircrafts

For one THE NUMBER OF NLCA PROCUREMENTS HAS FALLEN TO 20
i know it was 50 before but indian navy could not wait for it till 2014 ,so it ordered 29 aditional mig29k which are any way much more capable than NLCA
So the Fighter number will be something like this

45 MIG29K
20 NLCA
While rest of procurements will be as follows

50 Utility Helicopters ( Sirkozy , Augusta westland or Kamov)
15 Anti sub Helicopter with option for 45 more ( Kamov , Sirkozy)
10 AEWC Helicopters ( Kamov)
12 P8I Anti sub aircraft
06 Reconissance aircraft ( Donnier)
20 Light transport aircraft ( saras)
10 medium lift aircraft ( Lockheed Martin)
10 Sea planes
03 AWACS ( E-2D HAWKEYE)
17 Advance Jet trainers ( Bae Hawk)
40 Intermediate Jet trainers ( Hal Sitara)
30 UAVS (Harop,Harpy )
Thats pretty much every thing which the indian naval aviation is acquiring or plans to acquire BY 2020

You can add 50-60 Helicopters and about 30 UAVS and 20 other fixed wing aircraft of the present fleet air arm which will last beyond 2025
the rest of the aircrafts will be replaced by the above.
You might find that the above quoted figure is exceeding the total amount of 200 aircrafts being quoted in the article , this could be becoz i have even taken aircrafts like the Mig29k and P8I Posidon which have already been ordered or under induction and maybe the writer of article did not count them but the above figures quoted by me are the max number likely to be inducted by 2020 , most likely , the induction will continue till 2025
What the problem of bing over optimistic?..

Why so apprehensive about your own country and people?

no dude it is over 150 you are forgetting

16 current MIG29K
11 sea harriers (now cleared to fly again)
45 MIG29K
20 NLCA
40 F35/RAFALE/SUPER HORNET
and i think navy is considering to buy 20 more NLCA

and by 2016-2018 navy will decide when to start construction for IAC-3 and IAC-4( most probably nuclear reactor propulsion 70K ton+) means about 90 more aircrafts :sniper::devil:

Its not 20 NLCA mate, its 50! News reports mentioned that quoting IN chief during NLCA roll out.

As someone said by 2015 IN will have the third best air arm after IAF and PAF but I guess its already third best with Mig-29K, Jaguar and Harriers in service. IN also has AEW choppers and the decent BVR capability.

Back
Top Bottom