What's new

Indian Navy to purchase 16 US multi-role choppers for $1 bn

No, asshole, I do not have "both contracts in my hands" but I have something called the ability to do Google searches. No i havent examined the line items - nor I have interest to. Was just noting something that was worth noting.

got a problem? Get off the forum or just dont reply to my post

Turkey gets extra Sikorsky helicopter
If anyone is an ahole it's you. As if a Google search would tell you everything about a contract. And the aircraft are very different. Losers like you resort to foul language to intimidate when you are asked to substantiate what you spout. When I see you contribute something of substance to this forum then you'll have my attention and respect. I have 33 years of experience, 28 at Sikorsky. What have you got? I am done with you and will waste no more of my time responding to anything you post, per your request.

It's actually 24 mate. @Rikbo No they're not that different. As for price tag, that's where NATO membership helps :D
Second contract was originally for 16. The TN negotiated an extra aircraft due to delays in implementing new features they wanted that were not in the original design. The MRH program will involve substantial development that I cannot elaborate on due to proprietary issues. This will make the aircraft substantially different, and better, than what the TN has.

Last edited:
Probably at mid 2013 when the final chopper was delivered.

In India, we pay certain amount initially , then in batches I think

We have a clause to order more at the initially negotiated price and configuration

You must be lucky pay at the end. :-) And also fine them a extra copter for being late...:o:

anyone wanna bet all 16 hawks will be delivered, inducted and flown before India even receives one Rafale :whistle:

I'm sure if India get's these babies and loves them and decides she wants more then you'll get more for cheaper.

the first induction is always expensive I believe.

was Eurocopter a contender as well???
Eurocopter EC725 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

damn beaut these are
if not the hawk the Super Cougar is the next best thing

I think this might take some time. All these deals now require 50% offset in India. I guess it'll take time for you guys to get that through.

I am hoping for AWACS or drones for recon.

We should try to build that on our own. We're progressing well on both AWACS and associated Radars as well as Drone tech.

I
We should try to build that on our own. We're progressing well on both AWACS and associated Radars as well as Drone tech.

If you noticed we are still buying weapons even though we have capabilities ..

Most of the weapons bought from USA are for special forces..

I too don't think AWACS will be bought without all the agreements and strings..

Poseidon was bought since it has no other equivalent ...

Good for china india keeps buying china keeps building. Heck china should rachet up tensions and india blows billions and china use that to spend more. I think china should test fly j-20 in Tibet and watch india run to us again. Lol

who is "us" here?

This will make the aircraft substantially different, and better, than what the TN has.

Nope. Ours have our own avionics by ASELSAN. Why don't you criticize how can it be so

Nope. Ours have our own avionics by ASELSAN. Why don't you criticize how can it be so

Even without anyone saying we already know

That the latest batches will be further refined upgraded one over the previous model..

Do you think India will install anything lesser than what you have done many years ago ?

It's actually 24 mate. @Rikbo No they're not that different. As for price tag, that's where NATO membership helps :D
You are correct. I was referring to Lot II for 16 + 1. Lot I was for 8. NATO membership really had nothing to do with the price. The Turks are the toughest negotiators I have ever seen. I could tell you some stories but that is really not appropriate in a public forum like this.

I assume by "criticize" you meant explain. Some Aslesan equipment, but not the whole mission and avionics suite. Most of the Aselsan equipment is built under license, not an original design. For the next Lot, if that happens, we will have to see. I cannot really elaborate on the differences other than what already is public knowledge. Not appropriate for me to do so. "Better" was probably a poor choice of words, more modern in terms of taking advantage of more recent versions of the equipment being installed.

Last edited:
@rikbo

Do you sell same equipment at different prices for different customers ?

I mean not just for SR 70 , others too..

For eg India bought C 130j , C 17 .. All are expensive is what other customers say ..

Is that got to do with anything ..?

@rikbo

Do you sell same equipment at different prices for different customers ?

I mean not just for SR 70 , others too..

For eg India bought C 130j , C 17 .. All are expensive is what other customers say ..

Is that got to do with anything ..?
Every aircraft program is different. Sikorsky must subcontract with each vendor and their price can be based on quantity purchased, maintenance contacts, spares, development & support to the prime during the program, warranty, etc. Sikorsky always tries to get the best price based on a customers contractual requirements since all the subcontracts costs flow up into the bid that is submitted to the customer. So, it is in Sikorsky's best interest to obtain the lowest possible cost to help insure the bid is as competitive as possible. I don't think this is unique to Sikorsky, it is just good business. Based on comments in this and other forums I don't think folks really understand how much there is to submitting a bid that the prime can make a profit on while still being competitive enough to win the program.

Last edited:
Some of you were interested in the S-97 Raider and new CH-53K King Stallion. Here are a few pics of them as they go into ground testing in West Palm Beach, Florida, home of Sikorsky's Flight Test Center.
image.jpg
image.jpg

The total procurement cost includes the cost of flyaway/unit cost, training,of both aircrew and ground crew setting up of requisite logistics and infrastructure in India and the supply of spares. It is foolish to simply divide $1BN by 16 and think that is the cost per helo.

are you telling me spares are supplied for free ??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom