What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

If we are successful in building an effective BMD system, then the only threat to us Pakistan nuke will be taken care off.

Then India would be fearless and unstoppable and we won't have to think twice before retaliating another Mumbai.

Can you give an example? :eek:

Akash was tested many times by the air force and army, after that only made orders worth multi billion dollar.

User Trials

IAF had evolved the user Trial Directive to verify the consistency in performance of the total weapon system against low flying near range target, long range high altitude target, crossing and approaching target and ripple firing of two missiles from the same launcher against a low altitude receding target.

The user trials of intercepting flying targets were conducted at ITR, Chandipur during 14-21 Dec 2007. Akash missile has successfully intercepted targets fifth time in a row in this campaign. Fifth and last trial successfully took place at 2.15 pm on 21st Dec at Chandipur on sea. The Akash missile destroyed an Unmanned Air Vehicle (Lakshya) which was flying a path simulating an air attack. The target vanished from the radar screen when the missile was guided precisely in close proximity and warhead blast occurred destroying the target instantaneously. This is the grand finale of the tend days users campaign meticulously planned by the Indian Air Force.

Indian Air Force officials witnessed user trials. With the conclusion of Akash evaluation now onus lies with Indian Air Force and Indian Army as the state-of-art surface to air missile as required by services is available for indigenous production in India.

AKASH AIR DEFENCE WEAPON SYSTEM

Bro why do you try to explain so much to people intent on trolling ha?? Let us enjoy this success, this news really made my day.:cheers:

If we are successful in building an effective BMD system, then the only threat to us Pakistan nuke will be taken care off.

Then India would be fearless and unstoppable and we won't have to think twice before retaliating another Mumbai.

Mate Phase-I is more than enough for the missiles Pakistan has not the entire BMD system which also include Phase-II.

But i think lot more number of tests have to be done to make it fool proof.

PDV will be the main stay in Phase-1 of BMD ,able to target at the alt. of 130-150km,very much similar to THAAD in terms of Altitude.

Also present speed is >5 mach, possibly in this test it can fly with more speed.

Yesterday i saw the video of PADE-2006 , well i am not the expert but good at Speed,time, distance and projectile.:)

Its range is speculating though, but quite amazing.:devil::azn:

Any one know range of PAD system???

BMD systems are generally quoted with 'kill altitude'....

AAD : Maximum interception altitude 30 km.
PAD : Maximum interception altitude 80 km.
PDV : 150 km.

Good for india

bt MIRV capable missiles cannot be shot down by Anti ballistic missiles.

Shaheen II MIRV capable

and Shaheen III which we wil test by 2010-11 will also hav MIRV

So range not mansion with them ???

Yes they always quoted as "Kill altitude" and always classified range.

Even the range of other ABM available in public domain are speculative.

Good for india

bt MIRV capable missiles cannot be shot down by Anti ballistic missiles.

Shaheen II MIRV capable

and Shaheen III which we wil test by 2010-11 will also hav MIRV
no friend that media hype. Pakistan not yet test that type of missiles. You above mentioned missile dont have that design

So range not mansion with them ???

Actually for a BMD range doesn't really matters. More it can reach higher altitude, better. Because it will give you multiple chances to launch other interceptors if the first one fails.

There must be some ranges but they are very speculative and not required to be mentioned. Also BMD systems like PAD cannot operate inside atmosphere to destroy aircrafts. Inside atmosphere for air defence against aircrafts and cruise missile range is important.

can't we simply take out incoming missiles with SAMs and A2A missiles from aircrafts? I think we can.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom