What's new

Indian investment will not bring positive impacts

lol at the indians thinking that people are dying for their investment. Tata was kicked out because it wanted literally free gas
and and export oriented preferential benefits even though they were for domestic market. No sane gov would allow such
rip off. As for shahara, being a clever fox he is here to get benefits from his awami mamas with 100 years of tax holiday and
a sovereign guarantee. He will run with his tail between his legs as soon as his awami mamas get ousted.

lol at the indians thinking that people are dying for their investment. Tata was kicked out because it wanted literally free gas
and and export oriented preferential benefits even though they were for domestic market. No sane gov would allow such
rip off. As for shahara, being a clever fox he is here to get benefits from his awami mamas with 100 years of tax holiday and
a sovereign guarantee. He will run with his tail between his legs as soon as his awami mamas get ousted.

Stupidity is BD have no or less gas produced to give it to TATA for free...
U and ur Utter BS!!!

the article actually says it was TATA that pulled out and the government was wanting them to return.

TATA didn't want free gas but rather opted for a clause that would
force BD supply gas in preference over local supplies even if that
requires to shut off some sectors.

Local enterpreneurs on the background presented a similar deal
such as those by BSRM, KSRM, RSRM and gov rolled 'em in.
Now they are exporting excess production to other countries.

India should completely ban bangladesh from investment list ..burma deserves much more because of its fossile fuel ..what is there in bangladesh ? Apart from high density population ..

India should completely ban bangladesh from investment list ..burma deserves much more because of its fossile fuel ..what is there in bangladesh ? Apart from high density population ..

Yeah , we should not invest in Bangladesh , since Half the country would be in Water by 2050

What we should do is Strengthen our Borders with Bangladesh , and possibly provide BSF with the same gear which is used by Indian Army against Pakistani Freedom Fighters , coz i can foresee a lot more pole vaulting as water level rises

I think Shahara should invest in Burma. Their generals are building mansion after mansion with Gas money. That's where India's future lies (easy money) when India's manufacturing growth came down to standstill. There is not much space left in India to invest as most of the looting are exhausted.

I can forsee more trouble in our eastern border than northern ..our relationship is improving with pakistan ..and the spot for enemy no 1 is up for grabs.. It seems friendship and enemity is zero sum game..
Some lesson in international relationship should be taught to our neibours who are in adolescent stage with high harmone activity

I think Shahara should invest in Burma. Their generals are building mansion after mansion with Gas money. That's where India's future lies (easy money) when India's manufacturing growth came down to standstill. There is not much space left in India to invest as most of the looting are exhausted.

Well with $1.2 TRILLION USD being spent on infrastucture in next 7-8 years I think there is plenty at home to keep Indian compaines busy.

yep u r right..After all there is nothing to loot in BD..

yep u r right..After all there is nothing to loot in BD..

But BSF beasts loot Bangladeshi paddy and fishes regularly. :coffee:

India is the center of the universe for Bangladesh.

I'm not complaining though.

I knew that you have zero economic knowledge , but perhaps you could have read the article by Zabaniya(that was actually counter productive :P)
Tatas pulled because they were getting a very raw deal, because frankly, they were taking a big risk in an uncompetitive and uncultivated place like BD. This is because it's investment status currently is "junk" which makes it quite dangerous to make a large investment, for it cannot be sustained long term with the help of loans ,needed in most ventures............

I knew that you have zero economic knowledge , but perhaps you could have read the article by Zabaniya(that was actually counter productive :P)
Tatas pulled because they were getting a very raw deal, because frankly, they were taking a big risk in an uncompetitive and uncultivated place like BD. This is because it's investment status currently is "junk" which makes it quite dangerous to make a large investment, for it cannot be sustained long term with the help of loans ,needed in most ventures............

It turned out to be a great thing that TATA pulled out. Our local steel maker invested similar amount and now exporting to India. We care less about FDI.

I never said that I have high IQ in Economics but your TATA toiled around for 3 years begging for
this "risky" and "unproductive deal". The economic analysts of the country were totaly against it
and yes they wanted subsidized uninterrupted supply of gas for 20 years. The subsidy was of Tk 1400 crore per annum. It was literally free. Also your TATA wanted complete ownership of Barapukuria coal mine for a petty 6% royalty. Even a complete novice citizen can understand the intention
of tata. That why there are economic analyst writing articles to make people understand
complicated stuffs.
The Daily Star Web Edition Vol. 5 Num 688
The Daily Star Web Edition Vol. 5 Num 719

And BD was already running low on gas , so how could they have ensured uninterrupted supply
to Tata.
A quote from the article
Reserves of gas and coal
Since 2001, a number of gas reserve studies and long term forecasts of gas use have been made in Bangladesh. Petrobangla forecast for a 50-year demand in 2001 is around 62.9 Tcf compared to the proven and probable reserve of 11 Tcf .

In 2002, the government sponsored National Gas Reserve Study and utilisation plan indicates that by 2015 the existing reserve of about 15 Tcf would exhaust. Consequently, by 2016 import of gas would become necessary. The latest study by Messers Wood and Macanzie as 'Gas Sector Master Plan' 2005 is based on a proven and probable reserve of approximately 13 Tcf. From their assessment, the existing reserve of gas would start to decline fast from 2012 and perhaps by 2018 it will deplete completely, if new fields are not discovered. Incidentally, the present reserve is entirely dedicated to home consumption, mostly for power generation. If an arrangement is made now to set aside about 2.2 Tcf of gas for Tata's use, the decision will be suicidal for the nation. The country can ill afford such a plan to be executed by Tata. If the government still insists to provide gas to Tata, the amount of subsidy would be approximately Taka 27,000 crore at the present price in the country.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom