What's new

Indian investment will not bring positive impacts

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
Economists and rights activists on Friday said that Indian investments in the country, including the Sahara Group’s venture, would not bring any positive results for Bangladesh’s economy.
At a discussion held at the National Press Club in the city, they said that
Indian investors were interested in Bangladesh due to their imperialistic
ideology.
The secretary member of the National Committee to Protect Oil, Gas, Mineral Resources, Power and Ports, Anu Muhammad, said that the country’s poultry and garments sectors were at stake due to Indian investment.
He said that the Sahara Group had created an ‘empire’ through fraudulent means by collecting capital from 65 lakh Indian people.
Their livelihoods have now plunged into perilous conditions, he said.
Anu Muhammad believed ‘the Sahara Group will do business in the same way in our country.’
Indian products have already dominated local markets but many Bangladeshi products could not enter there in a normal way due to tariff and non-tariff barriers, he said.
BRAC University professor, Pias Karim said that Bangladesh real estate companies were part of the bourgeois dominant class and they needed Indian power as they could not do it on their own.
He said, ‘we need foreign direct investment to strengthen our economic base, but we should invite FDI in particular sectors in accordance with our national interest.’
Gansanghati Andalan chief coordinator, Zonayed Saki said that there was no doubt that if a ‘tout ruler exists in the country, tout groups like Sahara would extend their reign in Bangladesh’.
‘If the Indian government thinks that they will dominate Bangladesh, the people of Bangladesh will not support that initiative,’ he added.
Dhaka University accounts department lecturer, Moshahida Sultana said Bangladeshi people should think about urban planning to make a place suitable for living as it is this that allows foreign investors like Sahara into the country, she added.

New Age | Newspaper

I agree....I am really upset why these stupid Sahara is investing my money on your country cricket team...Rather i would like these money to be invested in my country....Very sad...Please make all the preparation to remove and ban Sahara from your country...

Economists and rights activists on Friday said that Indian investments in the country, including the Sahara Group’s venture, would not bring any positive results for Bangladesh’s economy.
At a discussion held at the National Press Club in the city, they said that
Indian investors were interested in Bangladesh due to their imperialistic
ideology.
The secretary member of the National Committee to Protect Oil, Gas, Mineral Resources, Power and Ports, Anu Muhammad, said that the country’s poultry and garments sectors were at stake due to Indian investment.
He said that the Sahara Group had created an ‘empire’ through fraudulent means by collecting capital from 65 lakh Indian people.
Anu Muhammad believed ‘the Sahara Group will do business in the same way in our country.’
Indian products have already dominated local markets but many Bangladeshi products could not enter there in a normal way due to tariff and non-tariff barriers, he said.
BRAC University professor, Pias Karim said that Bangladesh real estate companies were part of the bourgeois dominant class and they needed Indian power as they could not do it on their own.
He said, ‘we need foreign direct investment to strengthen our economic base, but we should invite FDI in particular sectors in accordance with our national interest.’
Gansanghati Andalan chief coordinator, Zonayed Saki said that there was no doubt that if a ‘tout ruler exists in the country, tout groups like Sahara would extend their reign in Bangladesh’.
‘If the Indian government thinks that they will dominate Bangladesh, the people of Bangladesh will not support that initiative,’ he added.
Dhaka University accounts department lecturer, Moshahida Sultana said Bangladeshi people should think about urban planning to make a place suitable for living as it is this that allows foreign investors like Sahara into the country, she added.

New Age | Newspaper

What a stupid article !!! Even BNP will not have the guts to say NO to FDI by sahara and even if it says, they can be bought !!
Local BD companies need tie up with larger companies to become Good Real Estate giants !!!
The most comediest thing is Sahara is one of the trusted companies in India, with less people impact !! Y do they care, whom we collect money from?
They are a group of jealous bangladeshis, who are afraid their monopolies might be affected in case of larger FDI from some other companies !!!

Do you think that Chinese companies which I am sure you are looking as the best options are saint. God help Bangla desh :sniper:

Do you think that Chinese companies which I am sure you are looking as the best options are saint. God help Bangla desh :sniper:

Oh so now India is a god? :lol:

The real god, God has been on Bangladesh's side. We have a population of 160 million (mostly unskilled) in a small land with volatile politics and still running and surviving. Ever since the 71' war, we didn't have sugar, and other necessities. And look where we are now. One can find just about anything in Bangladesh now.

And as far as investment is concerned, please understand that many countries already invest here (including Western). Tata's conditions were just too much to bargain for. And many of which went against the interests of our local industry. That is all.

Zabs, you forget that BD realized this mistake. Now they're telling Sahara: "Arre bhai, hamme sahara do"! Lol! :haha:

Don't count on it.

Demanding 100 years tax holidays? You guys are absolute geniuses.

I hope Bangladeshis remain as bright as ever.

Absolute $hit ! Prove it

Read that BBC link... It said BD have attracted just 3B$ since its inception... And it was delay by the govt responsible... Who knows they might have asked large bribes...
Really for 3 billion investment, they could have done the homework.. Once a big ticket investment comes in, others will follow..
However one gets cancelled and economy gets tough to attract future investment.. Though BD is receiving good investment in textiles, in other sectors it is found wanting.....
Mamata didnt allow Tata Singur project, and to this date WB is finding it tough to attract investment...........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom