What's new

Indian General Elections - 2014

Whom will you Vote for in 2014 General Elections??

• Total voters
@Dillinger Actually I like this plan of roster and I want few people to come into limelight too, like Sushma Swaraj. Right now BJP has to start giving Zero importance to Congress attempt to use Godhara, and should fire all Guns with Development model.

People need something new. I think Muslims of Gujarat should take a bold step to come openly in support and full intensity and do the marketing of Modi by all means possible.

Nothing convinces people more than seeing a person with similar background recommending someone. Word of Mouth, physical conversation, or online, has become a major factor and very crucial one. Use it to maximum,

I want more more Questionnaire Sessions, More Discussions of Modi's plan for future. Hope we had debate like that in US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add one more option

BJP/NDA with any one as PM (including Modi)

BJP/NDA with Narendra Modi as it's Leader
BJP/NDA with someone else as it's Leader
BJP/NDA with any one as PM
Congress/UPA with Rahul Gandhi as it's Leader
Congress/UPA with someone else as it's Leader
Third Front
Will not Vote at all

I think if the educated vote, there is no chance that Congress is coming back to power.
Look at the difference in the poll result here in PDF, 28 against 2
Modi - 28
RG - just 2.

In TN I am darm sure if Congress goes individually, they will not even get 1 seat

कांग्रेस राज में केवल 2 ही चीज़ें सस्ती हुई हैं : लड़कियों की इज्ज़त और किसानों की ज़िन्दगी..बाकी सब महंगा हुआ है|

Only two items are cheap under congress rule. The life of poor farmers and ladies diginity.

Shashi Tharoor says Wharton should have heard out Narendra Modi after inviting him

NEW DELHI: Striking a different note from Congress, Union minister Shashi Tharoor on Tuesday disapproved of Wharton cancelling invite to Narendra Modi, saying the institution had a duty to hear the Gujarat chief minister after inviting him.

Tharoor, however, caveated his response by saying that he was not speaking on behalf of his party or the government but expressing his "personal view" when pointed out that Congress leaders have been saying otherwise about the incident.

The minister also said that he was invited to deliver the keynote address six-seven weeks ago but declined it due to his parliamentary commitments and suggested that Wharton approach someone else who does not have parliamentary priorities.

"Perhaps that is why they went to a chief minister, I don't know," Tharoor said recalling that he had addressed Wharton India Economic Forum four years back and since then was being invited for the same every year but could not go thereafter.

"Infact, I disagree profusely with Modi at every level but I think it is far better to debate his record and views rather than to try and suppress his voice by disinviting him....Once they had invited him, they had a duty to hear his point of view," Tharoor told a news channel.

He said that the hosts should have instead asked from Modi questions including the uncomfortable ones and should have challenged some issues in arguments. "That is what makes for a stimulating debate. On an university campus, that is what the entire process should be all about," he said.

The Union minister at the same time said that the conference is organized by students and perhaps they cancelled it as they felt that they cannot cope with the "trouble" and the "controversy" surrounding their invite to Modi.

"I do not think that it was a considered decision and I suspect that they are regretting both their decisions to invite Modi as also their decision to disinvite him," Tharoor, who is also the minister of state for HRD,said.

Tharoor said that what he is saying does not mean that he would have recommended them to invite Modi but "once they had invited him, they had an obligation to listen rather than to cave in to the objections of people outside".

He felt that the organizers, who are mainly students adopted the "line of least resistance" of disinviting Modi as they apprehended that there would be demonstrations outside the venue or there will be security implications.

Tharoor, at the same time, praised the forum saying it was a "big conference".

"My own feeling is that they just did not want the bother. They got so much of heat. They said...we cannot cope with this trouble. Let us get ourselves out of it," he said.

The Union minister said that the line of least resistance is not good as "once you make a decision to invite someone, you should stick to the guns and I think that the kids have learnt the lesson...

"To invite someone who is known to attact protests...to invite and then to disinvite shows they have not thought through".

Tharoor said he agreed with Wall Street Journal columnist and writer Sadanand Dhume, who also decided not to speak at the Forum as he disapproved of the organisers' decision to disinvite Modi.

Shashi Tharoor says Wharton should have heard out Narendra Modi after inviting him - The Times of India

Billionare politicians:

#4 Sonia Gandhi

Net Worth: $2-19 billion

Residence: India
Position: President, Indian National Congress (political party)
Gandhi is originally from Italy. She is the widow of Rajiv Gandhi, the assassinated former prime minister. As leader of the Congress party, Gandhi played a key role in reviving the party's fortune and power.
There's some dispute about her actual net worth, while Forbes doesn't list it. And India's National Election Watch has it listed at about $200,000.
Source: World's Luxury Guide (based on OpenSecrets.org, Forbes.com, Bloomberg.com, Wikipedia.org, Guardian.co.uk)

Read more: World's Richest Politicians - Business Insider

My question to all those Congressi folks here; where did she get all these billions from?

World's Richest Politicians - Business Insider
from us.:hitwall:

@Dillinger Actually I like this plan of roster and I want few people to come into limelight too, like Sushma Swaraj. Right now BJP has to start giving Zero importance to Congress attempt to use Godhara, and should fire all Guns with Development model.

People need something new. I think Muslims of Gujarat should take a bold step to come openly in support and full intensity and do the marketing of Modi by all means possible.

Nothing convinces people more than seeing a person with similar background recommending someone. Word of Mouth, physical conversation, or online, has become a major factor and very crucial one. Use it to maximum,

I want more more Questionnaire Sessions, More Discussions of Modi's plan for future. Hope we had debate like that in US.

if modi has done so much for gujarat,i dont see a reason why they shouldnt support him.we cant live in the past.

also he will be prosecuted if his crimes are proved,just like the others.

I think if the educated vote, there is no chance that Congress is coming back to power.
Look at the difference in the poll result here in PDF, 28 against 2
Modi - 28
RG - just 2.

The "if" above is very crucial. I am l'l bit optimistic now about the educated class. Byproduct of Anna Hazare's mission (which eventually lost the steam) and unfortunate incident in Delhi witnessed massive and spontaneous reaction of these masses. Until now it used to be full of truck people herded to the rally. But these cases were pretty different. Could I say some sort of awakening amongst the people ?

So, Let me come in here.

Isn't this the Oldest Election Gimmick, right from the rule book??

They din't pass it for so many years & than came the 2013 Assembly Elections of Rajasthan, whose predictions are somewhat like this:

NDTV Mid-Term Poll 2012: Will BJP, Vasundhara Raje make a comeback in Rajasthan? | NDTV.com

Though the tally is given for LS elections if they were to occur now, but anyways, 19/25 seats for BJP roughly equals around 150 seats out of 200, but that is very large, even if we take around 100-125, BJP is in comfortable majority.

So the conditions for Congress were really Bad, so from the magicians hat we see a sudden $6.7 billion investment in Rajasthan.

Deja-Vu, 2008 - Target 2009 LS Election - Farm Loan Waiver Scheme

But than again, if anyone has any doubts about the Farm Loan Waiver Scheme's success, chk this out:

Eligible farmers left out of loan waiver plan: CAG - Hindustan Times

मोदी पर नरम हुआ जर्मनी का रुख, जर्मन राजदूत का बयान आया है कि मानवाधिकार के मुद्दे को मोदी की छवि से जोड़ना गलत।

German ambassador says: wrong to link Modi's image to human rights. Germany soft on Modi now.

Owaisi -- " Will not let narendra modi to become PM " ... But, Owaisi , Once he will become PM , U cant even be a MP.

Back
Top Bottom