What's new

Indian General Elections - 2014

Whom will you Vote for in 2014 General Elections??

• Total voters
They can raise a voice for him so that their country in which they live, have to come to Modi like EU did. Its Indian Lobby's time in US to approach Modi.

Remember David Cameroon also said things to woo Indians in Britain who can vote in coming British election.

Sanctions on Modi isn't that much of an issue.. but overseas Indians are really frustrated by the way the country is being run at the moment. Believe me.. Indians become more patriotic when they are outside India rather than when they are in India & take lot more interest in the day-to-day happening inside the country. & also Modi is quite popular with NRIs. Gujaratis just love Modi & Punjabis just can't stand Congress.. & these two communities from India are predominant in western world!

The country has chosen modi as its leader
I just saw the poll those who have voted for RG (G mane gadha) should just leave the country for Somalia they should not be living in this country I request highly hounrable esteemed gentlemen Hong wu Icewolf & windjammer to make thier valuable contributions
Dude, when they troll you have problem, when they are not here, you want to call them. what's wrong with you guys ?

@JanjaWeed That's the issue. Cameroon tried to woo Sikh and Gujrati people in Britain. Similarly they are in Canada and Australia in good numbers.

Just make them take anti-Congress stance.

Dosti Ki Hai........Neebhani Toh Padegi!!! :whistle:
It goes both ways. :hitwall:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the strategy of NDA should be not to declare any PM candidate. Modi should be the lead campaigner (which is a given fact) and once the results are announced declare the PM candidate.

If BJP win 180 - 200 seats on their own then they can easily make Modi as PM. Between 160 - 180 it will be a tossup between Jaitely and Sushma Swaraj as PM with Modi as deputy PM and HM. My vote in this case will be for Sushma Swaraj.

If we are unfortunate enough to get a congress govt. I hope that Rahul Gandhi actually becomes the PM so that people see his performance. The Authority without responsibility crap which we are dealing for 10 years should end.

@arp2041 Put that result of survey here.

I think the strategy of NDA should be not to declare any PM candidate. Modi should be the lead campaigner (which is a given fact) and once the results are announced declare the PM candidate.
If BJP win 180 - 200 seats on their own then they can easily make Modi as PM. Between 160 - 180 it will be a tossup between Jaitely and Sushma Swaraj as PM with Modi as deputy PM and HM. My vote in this case will be for Sushma Swaraj.
If we are unfortunate enough to get a congress govt. I hope that Rahul Gandhi actually becomes the PM so that people see his performance. The Authority without responsibility crap which we are dealing for 10 years should end.
Agreed about BJP part. Showing their cards too early don't be that good.

If the BJP does not declare Modi PM candidate they are not going to win
If they win it will be some weak coalition govt with SP & BSP in then that is worse than Kongress
The BJP can win only if Modi is declared PM

@JanjaWeed PM MMS had promised NRI voting rights come 2014 LS elections, but i don't think they will be allowed to do so for three reasons:

1. Many are living abroad for more than a decade now, obviously they don't know the ground realities, hope you understand that.
2. EC would have to place infrastructure abroad which will be a costly affair.
3. If NRIs are given Voting rights, than they will ask for contesting rights as well, but than again, they don't know the ground realities.

Take it like this, why is Modi more famous than RG, b'coz he is a person who knows ground realities well unlike RG who has an M.Phil degree from abroad.

@JanjaWeed PM MMS had promised NRI voting rights come 2014 LS elections, but i don't think they will be allowed to do so for three reasons:

1. Many are living abroad for more than a decade now, obviously they don't know the ground realities, hope you understand that.
3. If NRIs are given Voting rights, than they will ask for contesting rights as well, but than again, they don't know the ground realities.

Take it like this, why is Modi more famous than RG, b'coz he is a person who knows ground realities well unlike RG who has an M.Phil degree from abroad.

I don't think I entirely agree with your point # 1 & 3. To say that Indians living abroad are not privy to the ground realities is not entirely true. If you have to deprive voting rights for NRIs based on the pretext of ground realities, then 60% of Indian votes should be null & void. If every voting member is conversant with the ground realities, Congress would have ceased trading long time ago.

As I said in my earlier post.. thy tend to take more interest in Indian affairs when they are outside India rather than when in India. & I'm saying this from a personal POV.

& about NRI's asking for contesting rights, well.. that can be tackled. Provision should be made only as far as voting is concerned.. not for contesting.

bhai uske paas koi degree nahi hai :rofl: :rofl:

10 fail hai vo

Wishful thinking aside .........L K Advani appears to be keen to push Sushma Swaraj and not Narendra Modi. I get the feeling that Advani in his old age might still be dreaming of PM chair...

BJP National meet: Why Advani chose to applaud Sushma over Modi

If a good speech is made after Narendra Modi has spoken, does no one hear it? Sushma Swaraj, the BJP’s Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha, apparently made an exhilarating speech that party veteran LK Advani chose to praise over the Gujarat Chief Minister’s, saying it reminded him of Atal Bihari Vajpayee......

...........Advani, who has scarcely concealed his admiration for Swaraj in the past, didn’t hold back in his speech at the end of the three-day conclave. Regretting that he did not have oratorial skills of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Advani said that Swaraj had that gift. “Sushma gives me the same complex that Vajpayee used to give me. I tell Sushma that you give me this complex,” he said.....

....And despite Modi’s speech being the show stopper that everyone present couldn’t get enough of, Advani made little reference to it in his own choosing instead just to describe the Gujarat Chief Minister as the “most unfairly maligned politician in the history of independent India” and noted that most foreign governments have changed their stand towards him....

The country has chosen modi as its leader
I just saw the poll those who have voted for RG (G mane gadha) should just leave the country for Somalia they should not be living in this country

I request highly hounrable esteemed gentlemen
Hong wu
Icewolf
& windjammer
to make thier valuable contributions

LoL :rofl::rofl:

Probe sought into loan waiver scam

Kishor Tiwari of Vidarbha Jan Andolan Samiti has expressed shock over the findings in the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India submitted in Parliament on Tuesday. The CAG report, Tiwari claimed, has pointed out lapses in 22% of waiver cases. The farm loan waiver was meant for debt-ridden poor farmers in suicide-prone Vidarbha but was availed of by well-off farmers from other regions, it is alleged.

"CAG report into the farm loans waiver of Rs52,000 crore has exposed massive fraud and irregularities. This was found out in audit of about 90,000 cases between April 2011 and March 2012. CAG found lapses in over 22% of the cases. The report has alleged that bank officials siphoned off money by granting waiver to around 10% people who were ineligible. Moreover, over 34% farmers were not issued debt waiver certificates barring them from getting get fresh institutional farm credit," said Tiwari.

"The CAG report is only tip of the iceberg. The government should appoint an enquiry commission to unravel the huge fraud on farmers," said Tiwari. The VJAS has been monitoring farm distress in the drylands of Vidarbha for nearly two decades.

"The loan waiver demand was considered in 2006 looking to the distressed dryland farmers of Vidarbha after prime minister Manmohan Singh's visit to the region. The farmers, reeling under debt burden, were committing suicide because of forcible recoveries by private moneylenders. But we were shocked when Rs 71,000 crore mega loan waiver was announced at national level with a restriction of 2 hectares of land that made most of Vidarbha farmers ineligible. In 2010 Maharashtra announced extended waiver of Rs. 11,000 crore to cover distressed farmers but even that did little to relieve farmers from the debt burden," said Tiwari demanding a detailed probe into leakages of the scheme.

Probe sought into loan waiver scam - The Times of India

Can anybody tell me How is BJP going to Increase its seat share from 115 seats to say 160 or 200...................Take state wise analysis

@arp2041 @KRAIT @hinduguy @Ayush @doppelganger

The question that whether Modi is better than Rahul is a non starter in itself. Modi has ably administered a state and brought benefits (although the quantum and spread of those benefits is open for discussion and in a healthy democracy should be debated) to it while Rahul is someone I wouldn't even trust with running my neighborhood panwari. Rahul's lack of administrative acumen in glaringly obvious. That having been said, Modi needs to delink himself from the clowns in the VHP and the RSS who want to link social and cultural pride to politics- politics which must be absolutely a-religious in nature- THERE CAN BE NO 2ND OPINION ON THAT. But Modi seems to be able to manage that too- he's often reigned in the RSS fellows and shown them the door, he is not one to bow down easily and bend a knee no matter what his personal biases might be.

The problem though is- I have a grouse with most Modi supporters- not with Modi himself but with his supporters. That he is a prime candidate for the PM post is obvious- even I'll be "voting" for him. BUT what does voting for him construe- remember in this country we do not directly vote our PM in- we vote in the ruling party and we do that by voting in regional and local representatives. The threat is that most people blind sided by Modi's abilities- apt which they are- will ignore the possible short comings of their local reps. Remember a PM cannot micro-manage the whole nation. No single man or leader can shape the destiny of 1.2 billion people. To put any leader on a pedestal and accord to him divinity is a severe disservice to the nation. Modi or any other leader cannot be a panacea to our problems.

I had mentioned this to @KRAIT before: IF we the polity do not mature and pull ourselves out of petty politics then EVEN MODI will fail. The Congress will continue to enjoy its carte blanche when it comes to vote bank politics and divisive politics. The BJP and its allies need to put up a clean and able roster and not just one singular leader. Also we need to be careful and balanced in our appraisal of our leaders- even the best of them have made mistakes. The way we talk of them today is in the naive terms of absolute black and white- such a dynamic nations cannot afford such an inflexible and myopic approach.

But Congress needs to go- I'll post later on how they have single-handedly made the largest contribution to our fiscal deficit by enacting inefficient populist measures simply to win elections the last time around.

Back
Top Bottom