What's new

Indian Fighter Competition Nears Finals...

the MiG-29 is fine its just the MiG-27 and MiG-21 (non upgraded) which are the real flying coffins, remember what happened to Ajay Ahuja and flight lt Nachiteka in Kargil

Off topic again dude but the MiG 27 pilot was too brave for that A/C.He used the rocket pods without giving a break which lead to ingestion of smoke into it's engine and finally it flamed out and crashed and the MiG 21 pilot was disobeying orders and flying low level to locate Lt.Nachiketa and so a Stinger SAM hit his MiG 21 and took him out:)

The competition was for medium class, how can they offer F-15 which is heavy class fighter?..

The F-15 is an air-superiority fighter - Oh wait...yeah I'd suppose the SU-30s fill that role :undecided:

the spares nightmare with Russians i can see why MiG-35 was not picked

and i'm not saying it isn't a capable fighter its just that Russia's industry has a hard time supplying us spares for there aircraft, lack of spares was a reason for MiG crashes

you have to agree though MiG-21 (non upgraded) and MiG-27's are flying coffins

lack of spares is the reasons for crashes -- u mean the plane was sent up without a component ... then it crashed - just kidding ...

sir do you know how many people have to inspect and go on record saying that a plane is air worthy ?
7 people should sign on the ledger claiming that the plane is airworthy then alone the pilot is allowed near the aircraft .

and trust me the IAF are not a bunch of fools to send a pilot if the aircraft dosent seem airworthy ... yes there will be situations where a slight defect or a malfunction in a single component will MAGNIFY to something terrible but BRANDING a certain type of aircraft/s a flying coffin is unfair and cannot be justified

Off topic-Off the mark again,but the MiG 21 was engineered in a bad way and so was/is extremely difficult to fly(Info courtesy-Moderator Santro)
and the MiG 27 was junk since day one:)

CONGRATULATIONS for saying that the most widely produced aircraft in the air warfare history as an example of BAD ENGINEERING ... :frown:

EDIT ok to be fair with you ... in the times of Iphone-4 and very close to Iphone-5 can i call the first Iphone as a piece of bad engineering .... the same way the wright brothers aircraft was also an example of bad engineering -- got my point ?

CONGRATULATIONS for saying that the most widely produced aircraft in the air warfare history as an example of BAD ENGINEERING ... :frown:
Watch carefully about Soviet QC and also remember that most of our MiG's were pre-Russian(USSR) produced.
As far as that info goes,it was provided to me by the forum Moderator "Santro".

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch carefully about Soviet QC and also remember that most of our MiG's were pre-Russian(USSR) produced.
As far as that info goes,it was provided to me by the forum Moderator "Santro".

then i believe u should not limit yourself to that video alone while judging the mig-21 .... you are awfully short of the correct picture ... no harm done bur please do think twice before posting anything

^^Hey,I'm an amateur and gain knowledge from wannabe pilots' words and Discovery channel documentaries so don't blame me!
The MiG 21 is extremely well engineered,with perfect pilot ergonomics.
Can you please teach me more about the MiG 21 and it's capability?I'll be more than happy to learn from a veteran like yourself:)

EDIT ok to be fair with you ... in the times of Iphone-4 and very close to Iphone-5 can i call the first Iphone as a piece of bad engineering .... the same way the wright brothers aircraft was also an example of bad engineering -- got my point ?
Off topic-Well the Iphone itself was revolutionary but the MiG was evolutionary IMO.
I'm in no way calling it a bad jet but it was not perfect back then or now:)

MiG-21 is a good aircraft, but very old. Hell, even my country phased out its MiG-21s :lol: Although still operates a number of F-7s.

Boss, I dont want to argue with you a lot coz you will not understand what is known as "Technical specification" which was teh reason for LMs rejection of MRCA. But If you consider just spec by spec youwill find its not near Rafale or EFT, please do it yourself.

and it was no political reason, politics was never in the picture...

According to your Air Chief, the American fighters had the best weapons, sensors and radar and in terms of flight performance the contenders were more or less evenly matched but the two Euro canards were marginally better in the air. He hopes to incorporate American technologies into the winning aircraft.

Now go back and read the first post and you will understand why the Europeans are concerned about bench marking and why some of the eliminated contenders are feeling optimistic about their chances. According to the Swedes, the Gripen is half the price for capability that by the admission of your own ACM closely matches Rafale and Typhoon. I honestly fail to see why India should spend an additional 10 billion on Rafale or Typhoon?

Asked if the Eurofighter and Rafale were superior in technologies to the other four contenders – Boeing F/A 18 IN Super Hornet, Lockheed Martin F 16 IN, Swedish Gripen and Russian Mig 29 – the Air Chief said: “In all fairness, all the six aircraft in the competition were good, and more or less close to one another in performance. But some of them had to be out, and some had to be in, and that’s it. Let’s say that the two European finalists were the most-compliant in the 600-plus parameters that the IAF selection team had set.”

The Air Chief observed that admittedly, the US had the best of the combat radars, weapons and systems. But then, each of the six contenders had given in writing that they would match the IAF requirements, including those for systems to be sourced from the US.

..:: India Strategic ::.. India set to decide big military aircraft deals

According to your Air Chief, the American fighters had the best weapons, sensors and radar and in terms of flight performance the contenders were more or less evenly matched but the two Euro canards were marginally better in the air. He hopes to incorporate American technologies into the winning aircraft.

Now go back and read the first post and you will understand why the Europeans are concerned about bench marking and why some of the eliminated contenders are feeling optimistic about their chances. According to the Swedes, the Gripen is half the price for capability that by the admission of your own ACM closely matches Rafale and Typhoon. I honestly fail to see why India should spend an additional 10 billion on Rafale or Typhoon?

..:: India Strategic ::.. India set to decide big military aircraft deals

Yes sensor, weapons and radar are better on the American contenders but how well can they be used without the other full spectrum of tech that acts in support? It probably means that India is locked in for more purchases from the US.

Off topic-Well the Iphone itself was revolutionary but the MiG was evolutionary IMO.
I'm in no way calling it a bad jet but it was not perfect back then or now:)

i see that ur good with sarcasm .. ull need that a lot in this place :p ok now to the topic i never called it perfect but there is a worlds difference in calling something imperfect than a piece of bad engg.

PEACE

With respect to JF-17?

Rafale may not be capable as JF-17 Block II, F-16 or J-10 but it look sexy.

Rafale can hand the JF-17's behind to it in a plate, The F-16 operated by Pakistan arnt even the latest version of the jet, and the J-10 is only as good as the fanboy lines coming out of the Chinese rumor mill. Please atleast think before you post, The Rafale is a top of the line aircraft, not a cheap replacement for an aging airforce.

the Gripen is half the price for capability that by the admission of your own ACM closely matches Rafale and Typhoon - No. The Gripen from what I have read costs very close to the Rafale, while being a smaller, single-engine jet. It would be an excellent LCA but we already have that aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom