What's new

Indian elections 2009

272 needed for a Simple Majority (house of 543).

UPA right now at 254. Too many floaters around, no problem getting their support, infact they'll be queuing up as its not a sellers market now :)

NDTV.com General Elections 2009

Congrats to the Indian nation - your democracy is working quite fine!:yahoo:

Interestingly, the new Home Monister P Chidambaram lost! Just like the previous one Shivraj Patil had lost but was given backdoor entry.

Also, this election is considered the least violent election in the history of India's democracy. Good sign, even after all the mess the naxals tried to create. Well done state machinery, well done India, well done Doctor Singh, now do what you are supposed to do and start divestment :)

Last edited:
NOT JUST BACK.....HE's BACK WITH A BANG.... Best performance of an party in 2 decades...

ONLY PRIME MINISTER TO COMPLETE HIS SECOND TERM SINCE NEHRU....

WHAT IT MEANS:

1. NO HANGING ON TO ALLIES. MEANS NO POLITICAL CRISIS LIKE THE NUKE DEAL.

2. TAKING FORWARD AL THOSE ECONOMIC POLCIES THAT LEFT DIDNT ALLOW.

3. ONCE AGAIN WE HAVE A SECULAR GOVERNMENT..

Another hallmark of the current election has been the absence of posters & paintings on walls.

In the areas I have been I have seen no ugly posters, banners or Walls defaced with names of candidates.. a welcome change. It hardly feels like a national election.

The election commission & supreme court need a pat on the back for this.

I think the main lesson that BJP should take to heart is the complete rejection of communal politics.

Doubtful that Modi can be expected to be the next projected leader, seeing how badly the BJP did when it did try to project him.

Congress has simply bulldozed every other party: 205 seats compared to BJPs 117!!! Quite an achievement....truly Singh is King!!!

Interestingly, the new Home Monister P Chidambaram lost! Just like the previous one Shivraj Patil had lost but was given backdoor entry.

Also, this election is considered the least violent election in the history of India's democracy. Good sign, even after all the mess the naxals tried to create. Well done state machinery, well done India, well done Doctor Singh, now do what you are supposed to do and start divestment :)

P Chidambaram has won his seat in Tamil Nadu after a recount of votes.

the best thing is that now congress can form govt without Left Parties. :victory:
now progress can really take place ... insha'allah

P Chidambaram has won his seat in Tamil Nadu after a recount of votes.

Thats excellent news. He has pushed for excellent reforms on homeland security that focuses on real security rather than harassment of muslims.

Our internal security will definitely improve as long as he is Home minister

Okie ..Latest number now.
Total No. 543
---------------
Cong + : 258
BJP + : 164
Third Front?? : 77
Others: 44

for simple majority : reqd 272. quite decisive victory for Congress.
Congrats to every indian for the fine dance of democracy.

Very decisive indeed, major factors have been sizable shift of muslim votes to Congress giving 20 seats there as well as people in West Bengal and Kerala rejecting the Left.
Excellent job done by Election Commission of India for conducting the largest election in the world!

This is excellent. BJP or Congress, didn't matter to me. All we needed was a stable government in this economic turmoil & we got it. Especially I am very happy that Left B@st@rd$ are out of the equation! Bloody blackmailers.

Back
Top Bottom