What's new

Indian Economy set to surpass China

Well, I urge Indian members to STOP Posting Such STuff. Lets Not be Pakistan where out of our "ego" we simply compare some Quraterly Stats and which beocmes a "score card".

Lets be Realistic. WE ARE 15-20 Years behind China. Period.

Lets Work Hard, Lets Show the EFFORTS .. ( Which will take us there ) rather the FAKE TROPHIES which nails the very ENERGY needed to make Those Efforts.

Well, I urge Indian members to STOP Posting Such STuff. Lets Not be Pakistan where out of our "ego" we simply compare some Quraterly Stats and which beocmes a "score card".

Lets Work Hard, Lets Show the EFFORTS .. ( Which will take us there ) rather the FAKE TROPHIES which nails the very ENERGY needed to make Those Efforts.

What you want us to do? Get stuck on dadri and keep barking about secularism?
Since will be a great achievement since 16 years!!
Accept it or bring on your true flags.

What you want us to do? Get stuck on dadri and keep barking about secularism?
Since will be a great achievement since 16 years!!
Accept it or bring on your true flags.

@GURU DUTT @anant_s @gslv mk3 @Skull and Bones

:cheers:

EDIT : Beta, Its Good to Think about Achievements. But you know what, China and US are far , far far ahead of Us. sooner we realize the Better. Masturbation wont help.

A 6.8% growth on 12 trillion is adding more to the GDP than 7.5% growth on 2.3 trillion. I'm no mean discouraging the Indian members, but its time to sort out domestic shit before looking up to the global peers. For the time being, let us consider improving the life of average Indians in terms of health, education, food security and domestic stability. Everything else will fall into its place.

You're right, China is China and India is India. The way China did their economical developement, India cannot copy that, likewise China cannot copy India. I dont expect to see Indian cities in 15-20 years like we se them in China. India will have their own desi touch over it.

You're right, China is China and India is India. The way China did their economical developement, India cannot copy that, likewise China cannot copy India. I dont expect to see Indian cities in 15-20 years like we se them in China. India will have their own desi touch over it.

Well, India will not / should not COPY China.

Once Linus Torvalds said, India will have India Specific Problems and Solutions from US wont work.
US had money it spend Million to Invent a Pen for Space, Russians used a Pencil. Both Solved the same purpose.

The bottom line is, China Created its own Path, so will India.
China Wanted to be US, but did choose a different path compared to USSR/Russia and achived a far far better result.

India may not be able to compete China ECONOMICALLY, but there is a scope of A LOT of Areas, Like I said, we need India Specific Solutions to India Specific problems. Chinese Solutions wont work in India.

Last edited:
7.4% is a good. But, China's average growth rate for over 30 years is over 10%. So to pass us you have to grow even faster, and also sustain it for a long, long time. Which begs the question: just how do you achieve the growth of such magnitude?

China has built its wealth by being the manufacture of the world. We took the dirty low wage jobs that nobody in the developed countries wanted to do. We bit the bullet and made the entire world our customer. That's why despite the hostility of the mighty western countries, their never ending games of containment and smear campaigns, we've still prevailed economically.

Now it's your turn India. What are you going to do? What is your national strategy to grow double digits every year for the next 30 years?

Well, India will not / should not COPY China.

Once Linus Torvalds said, India will have India Specific Problem and Solus from US wont work.
US had money it spend Million to Invent a Pen for Space, Russians used a Pencil. Both Solved the same purpose.

The bottom line is, China Created its own Path, so will India.
China Wanted to be US, but did choose a different path compared to USSR/Russia and achived a far far better result.

India may not be able to compete China ECONOMICALLY, but there is a scope of A LOT of Areas, Like I said, we need India Specific Solutions to India Specific problems. Chinese Solutions wont work in India.

@XiNiX, you in part answered the questions.
I agree India has to choose its own path. China's reform begun at a time when the world economy just started "globalization". Driven by profit and made possible by advancement in communication and transportation industries, companies in the developed countries found they could make more profit if they make their products in another country where the wages are low and sell them back home. This is a once in a life time historical opportunity and China took full advantage of it.

That globalization process is almost complete now. India has to find a different way to develop. But I have yet seen from any Indian media what that development path might be.

Off topic but there is a good reason why the US didnt chose to use pencils. The pencil tips flaked and broke off, drifting in microgravity where they could potentially harm an astronaut or equipment. And pencils are flammable--a quality NASA wanted to avoid in onboard objects after the Apollo 1 fire. The US developped special pens to be used in space to counter the potential dangers of using a pencil.

India and China have chosen different paths in growth. China has chosen to focus on manufacturing at the early stages, while India tried to skip this development stage and directly go to the service economy (4th sector).

Listenig this claim since last TEN years; no concrete efforts on India's part, so no surpassing. Rather, most of the energy wasted in on-going internal problems.

Off topic but there is a good reason why the US didnt chose to use pencils. The pencil tips flaked and broke off, drifting in microgravity where they could potentially harm an astronaut or equipment. And pencils are flammable--a quality NASA wanted to avoid in onboard objects after the Apollo 1 fire. The US developped special pens to be used in space to counter the potential dangers of using a pencil.

India and China have chosen different paths in growth. China has chosen to focus on manufacturing at the early stages, while India tried to skip this development stage and directly go to the service economy (4th sector).

Skip manufacturing and go directly to service sector is something many Indians do not talk about. It's like someone choose not to take the entry level job because he is waiting for the management position.

Indians will always be Indians, it is in your blood to brag and talk about unrealistic thing which you all never work on. OP is a fine example :lol:

Back
Top Bottom