How is the plan?

• Good

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
Well I never quoted you, I was supporting dontello, was discussing economics ( real one) with him. little kid, keep your attitude to yourself. No wonder india gonna reach 5 trillion by 2024 with fags like you. ABCD sikha ki nahi lacture dene chala. Whats your age, 20????
" & one more thing, tell your parents to educate you about how to behave with seniors, stranger etc. I was supporting your statement, was not talking about gdp calculation method which i learned years back during my intermadiates. Keep ur faulty unrealistic bookish knowledge to yourself.

Yes, I see from your vocabulary and spelling mistakes that you went to Cambridge. But I went to Harvard and I manage a 25 millon dollar company. I am sure India is better off with me than likes of you who couldn't even spell.

They predict based on current assumptions, that the economy can grow continuously, like a gas expanding in vacuum. That is not the case.
Quite right, they make some extrapolations taking into account a number of factors like demographics, political scenario, pat record etc. And as statics tell us it is hazardous to predict too far into the future as dynamics change quite dramatically over a couple of decade or so.
But considering that India and Chinese Policies have been pretty consistent as far as economy is concerned, these prediction o look fairly reasonable and we will see a similar change in position of economies even if the absolute value of the respective GDPs may differ. In my opinion following would be the factors affecting major economies:
  1. China: Competency of its manufacturing and trade in long run. At some point of time, other emerging manufacturing hubs (like Bangladesh in Garments) will dent into some of China's manufacturing strongholds. Also China's own domestic market and its growth will be vital considering China continues to have trained relations with Japan and other neighbors.
  2. India: How well the current government's road map of improving manufacturing rolls out. India should continue to have a good share of IT services and BPO, but rain dependent monsoon and its flip-flop performance in manufacturing must impove.
  3. US: Their clout over world affairs (& consequently economy) should not change much. However poor performance of US manufacturing must improve. One thing that last depression has shown that US markets take to much of risk allowing bubbles to form, hope Federal Reserve and other regulators will bring in discipline.
  4. Euro-Zone: the way things are moving and historical ideological differences mean that the condition will not improve much. In doom's day scenario, Euro (as a currency) may be a history in a decade or so.
  5. Russia: Considering how Europe reacted during Ukrainian crisis, it is clear Putin calls the shots. Considering the Oil and Gas wealth and huge defence market along with other heavy manufacturing industry and mineral wealth, it is anybody's guess, where they might be, provided Putin plays his cards correct.

That makes a perfect statistical sense. What is lacking here is understanding of economics on your part.

Nominal growth rate of economy = Real growth rate + Inflation rate + % appreciation in currency - % depriciation in currency +/- monetary easing by central bank ( only applicable for reserve currencies ).

Economy could easily double it's value if it is inflating in dollar term ( not in local currency ), even if it has zero growth.

India's real growth rate in past 7 years was close to 6%, but it's inflation rate was close to 9%. It's cumulative growth rate was 14-15% pa. There was some depreciation of Rupee in dollar term for last 1 1/2 years due to depriciating currency, else India would have become $2Tn economy in 2012.

See above.

Black/Informal economy is called black economy because it is not counted in official figures.

The perfect explanation.

Yes, I see from your vocabulary and spelling mistakes that you went to Cambridge,.But I went to Harvard and I manage a 25 millon dollar company. I am sure India is better off with me than likes of you who couldn't even spell.

I know, spelling mistakes happens all the time, basically typing errors. Atleast I dont make false claims kiddo, if you even managed a business worth Rs 25000 , you would not have been debating & lacturing me about economy.
Moreover, if you are that smart, you would have understood at no point I was arguing with anyone.
Bolded part perfectly represents your intellectual persona.
What an Idiot?

Last edited:
I know, spelling mistakes happens all the time, basically typing errors. Atleast I dont make false claims kiddo, if you even managed a business worth Rs 25000 , you would not have been debating & lacturing me about economy.
Moreover, if you are that smart, you would have understood at no point I was arguing with anyone.
Bolded part perfectly represents your intellectual persona.
What an Idiot?

Haha.. There's just so many grammar errors in your reply, I won't even bother. And your other insinuations about my education and my profession are irrelevant as I only mentioned them because you seem to think you know better than me in your previous reply. And please don't embarrass yourself any further by replying to this. Face Palm.

Haha.. There's just so many grammar errors in your reply, I won't even bother. And your other insinuations about my education and my profession are irrelevant as I only mentioned them because you seem to think you know better than me in your previous reply. And please don't embarrass yourself any further by replying to this. Face Palm.

As I mentioned before, english being a foreign language, I am entitled to make a few errors. I never said I know more, it was your ego that flaired up without any provocations. Take your havard degree with you & go rant somewhere else. I am here to gain some knowledge.
If India crosses 5 trillion mark by 2024, I will gift you a million rupees. I give my word.

As I mentioned before, english being a foreign language, I am entitled to make a few errors. I never said I know more, it was your ego that flaired up without any provocations. Take your havard degree with you & go rant somewhere else. I am here to gain some knowledge.
If India crosses 5 trillion mark by 2024, I will gift you a million rupees. I give my word.

India crossing 5 trillion dollars was not my contention but I'll take whatever I get as gift. Since the beginning, you keep on harping about inherent risks of long term predictions w.r.t economy (which by the way everyone knows let me add) while entire discussion was about something else. And now I done replying to you.

India crossing 5 trillion dollars was not my contention but I'll take whatever I get as gift. Since the beginning, you keep on harping about inherent risks of long term predictions w.r.t economy (which by the way everyone knows let me add) while entire discussion was about something else. And now I done replying to you.

Thats like a smart chap. Invest your time in building & enhancing you business model. You will achieve wonders if you do so. I hope one day you will be increasing your business from 25 million to 2.5 billion. Best of luck mate

ecdec92ba00aa10ba8abee0e0f334056.png

64c2268f8bd5bea34a5105de3f6456e6.png

On October 9th, 2014, the Indian Embassy, Vienna, in cooperation with the Austrian Chamber of Commerce, organized the "Make in India" launch event at the WKO in Vienna. The main focus of the event was the recently announced “Make in India” campaign. The morning was opened by the Regional Director of Foreign Trade (South/South-East Asia) at the WKO, Mag. Hans-Jörg Hörtnagl and was followed by a “Make in India” presentation by H.E. Ambassador Misra, which counted with the showing of a “Make in India” video.

Following the presentations, the 35+ guests were invited to ask questions and raise their comments, which led to a very interactive discussion. All guests expressed a positive impression about the prospects for India-Austria business as well as the “Make in India” campaign.

Some of the attending companies have already established business in India and some others are interested to invest in India. The event also counted with the participation of guests from India-desks abroad.

Welcome to Embassy of India to Austria and Montenegro - "Make in India" launch event at the Austrian Chamber of Commerce

September WPI inflation hits near five-year low of 2.38% - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

NEW DELHI: Continuing decline in food prices, including vegetables, pulled down the September wholesale price inflation to a five year low of 2.38 per cent.
The Wholesale Price Index (WPI) based inflation was at 3.74 per cent in August and 7.05 per cent in September 2013.
As per data released by the government on Tuesday, the food inflation fell to a nearly two-and-half year low of 3.52 per cent. Food inflation is on delcine since May.
The sharp drop in WPI inflation comes just at the back of retail inflation declining to a record low of 6.46 per cent in September.
Wholesale inflation in onion contracted to 58.12 per cent in September as compared to a contraction of 44.7 per cent in the previous month.
While inflation in vegetable basket as a whole shrunk to 14.98 per cent in September, rate of price rise in potato was 90.23 per cent from 61.61 per cent in the previous month.

The data further revealed that inflation in milk, eggs, meat and fish continued to decline in September as well. However, there was slight increase in the prices of fruits during the period.
Inflation in manufactured products, like sugar, edible oils, beverages and cement, fell to 2.84 per cent in September as against 3.45 per cent in the previous month.
The WPI inflation declined for the fourth straight month, the data released by the government said.
Inflation in the fuel and power segment which include LPG, petrol and diesel declined to 1.33 per cent as compared to price rise of 4.54 per cent in August.
Meanwhile, wholesale inflation based on final index for July has been revised upwards to 5.41 per cent from the provisional estimate of 5.19 per cent.
The September WPI data is also provisional, the statement said.
It also said the build up inflation rate in the financial year till September was 2.61 per cent compared to a build up rate of 6.23 per cent in the same period of 2013-14.
The Reserve Bank, which has kept its key interest rate unchanged since January citing inflation pressures, is scheduled to announce its next bi-monthly monetary policy on December 2.
The central bank primarily factors Consumer Price Index while deciding on policy rate.

Indian Oil Corporation to invest $4 billion in British Columbia province in Canada
NEW DELHI: Indian Oil Corporation will invest $4 billion in the British Columbia province, Canada, to source liquefied natural gas from the region. Premier of British Columbia, Canada Christy Clark said: "Indian Oil is poised to make its biggest investment in Canada to secure natural gas for India from BC." She said the state-run firm will invest USD 4 billion for securing LNG supplies from the Canadian province.

India to be second largest IT market in APAC by 2018 | Business Standard News

By 2018 India will be the second largest information technology market in the Asia Pacific region overriding Australia and behind only China, said a study.

"India is forecast to be the third largest IT market within the Asia/Pacific region by the end of 2016 and will further progress to become the second largest market for IT by the end of 2018," said Peter Sondergaard, senior vice president at Gartner and global head of Research. "Much of the growth from being the number four market in Asia/Pacific to number three is likely to happen in 2015."

Black money: Switzerland ready to share data with India
ET BureauOct 18, 2014, 06.51AM IST

(The amount of Indian money…)
NEW DELHI: India and Switzerland have been able to achieve a breakthrough in their deadlock over banking secrecy laws in the European nation that prevented tax authorities from being able to unearth black money, a day-one priority for the Narendra Modi-led NDA government.

The agreement will not only let Indian tax authorities keep tabs on their countrymen who spend large amounts of money in Switzerland but, as part of an accord covering four areas, they can also obtain information about accounts in the socalled 'HSBC list' if it can be confirmed that independent investigations are being conducted into them.

pixel.gif

"The government of India is taking all necessary steps to access tax-related information from foreign governments," Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Friday, detailing the progress made on this front with Switzerland. "Black money stashed abroad will be brought back."

India had received the HSBC list of account-holders cited above from France through a bilateral treaty but Switzerland has so far refused to give out any information regarding this, saying that it was based on stolen data. It has been widely reported that the list originated from information stolen by a disgruntled HSBC Geneva employee in 2011.

Agreement Concluded in Bern

"A breakthrough was reached that in cases where there is independent investigation in India and evidence is collected in India, those details in relation to those accounts will be provided even if those accounts are on the HSBC list. So that absolute prohibition which the Swiss have imposed no longer exists," the finance minister said.

44864500.cms

The two sides concluded their agreement in Bern earlier this week. The Indian team was led by revenue secretary Shaktikanta Das and the Swiss side by his counterpart Jacques de Watteville. Switzerland has also agreed to validate the authenticity of bank documents besides banking and non-banking information in a time-bound manner that will make Indian tax investigations robust besides allowing officials to realise levies well in time. Tax authorities were sometimes unable to initiate proceedings and winkle out dues owing to delays in the availability of information. Das declined to give details of non-banking transactions that could be reported.

The European country has also agreed to begin deliberations with India on the automatic exchange of information (AEOI) framework and provide timebound details in pending cases. Switzerland and other tax havens have come under increasing global pressure to ease confidentiality rules as governments seek to pursue those accused of evading taxes as well as criminals and terrorists trying to hide money trails. Several cases initiated by the Indian authorities have been stuck because authorities in the European tax haven have refused to divulge information, citing the banking secrecy laws that have long made it a refuge for those seeking to deposit large amounts of money with few questions asked.

The Narendra Modi government, which set up a special investigation team to probe black money on its first day in office, is giving high priority to tackling unaccounted money and tax evasion through non-intrusive methods. The focus has thus shifted toward getting and using information received from different countries effectively through the use of information technology.

The amount of Indian money parked in Swiss banks rose by more than 40% to Rs 14,000 crore at the end of 2013 from Rs 9,000 crore at the end of 2012, according to Swiss central bank estimates. India itself tracks a number of high-value transactions including investments in mutual funds, property, jewellery purchases and overseas travel though annual information returns as also other means.

The government allows Indians to have bank accounts overseas but any money held there should be tax paid and also disclosed to the local tax authorities. There has been a growing perception over the past few years that several Indians have stashed black money in tax havens taking advantage of secrecy laws.

Under global pressure, Switzerland had agreed to ease its rules on confidentiality in recent years and also signed a revised tax treaty with India in 2011 to facilitate greater flow of information on tax evaders. It has now also agreed to enter into discussions with India on automatic information exchange as per globally accepted models. India is one of the early adopters of the new global information-exchange regime.

Black money: Switzerland ready to share data with India - Economic Times

Back
Top Bottom