What's new

Indian economic growth is good for Pakistan

Nope.. it was the demonstration of Indian fairness. I gave three sources for GDP (nominal), out of which 2 (World Bank and Worldfactbook) ranked India higher Pakistan but one (IMF) ranked India lower.

And why did you not mention the GDP per capita (PPP) figures by IMF?

Again.. lame.

Of the sources you gave, two were wikipedia (unreliable) and one was old (2004). I went with the only authoritative source with the latest figures.

Outsourcing is mainly for call center,its does not required skilled ppl...
India's IT market is not limmited to outsourcing,we design software,games,mobile software,software for machinery, for Satellite etc...

even su 30mki has Indian software and indian computer onboard.

we design pc software and soon.......:angel:

add hollywood movies to that.... 75% of movies that have VFX get done here.....

It's the per-capita amounts that matter.

I don't blame you.

Developereo, you're celebrating a marginal difference in per-capita?

An approximation of the value of goods produced per person in the country, equal to the country's GDP divided by the total number of people in the country.

From your link
Report for Selected Countries and Subjects

GDP Per capita:
2007: India 939.524; Pakistan 912.170
2008: India 1,016.158; Pakistan 1,044.485
2009: India 981.984; Pakistan 997.799
2010: India 1,007.891; Pakistan 1,028.596
2011 and beyond -- projected, who cares?

Maybe you don't understand how to read the data. Was this a demonstration of the superior Indian technical abilities? :rofl::rofl:

To add,

Obviously you wouldn't care about the projected figures because they list India's GDP per capita nominal by 2014 at $1,347.701 and Pakistan's at $1,248.117. :lol:

And, that very same source mentioned GDP per capita (PPP) figures which obviously you wouldn't point out -

2009: India 2,872.973; Pakistan 2,790.061
2010: India 3,005.254; Pakistan 2,856.946
2011: India 3,187.268; Pakistan 2,958.696
2012: India 3,433.493; Pakistan 3,121.721

And... by the way, PPP is considered to be more accurate compared to nominal because PPP takes into account the relative cost of living and the inflation rates of various countries, rather than using just exchange rates which may distort the real differences in income. :P

Outsourcing is mainly for call center,its does not required skilled ppl...
India's IT market is not limmited to outsourcing,we design software,games,mobile software,software for machinery, for Satellite etc...

even su 30mki has Indian software and indian computer onboard.

we design pc software and soon.......:angel:

I am not denigrating Indian computer skills. Pakistan also has good IT skills. The discussion here is how much of India's economic boom and Western outsourcing is dependent on hightech skills. The answer is (percentage wise) very little.

Developereo, you're celebrating a marginal difference in per-capita?

An approximation of the value of goods produced per person in the country, equal to the country's GDP divided by the total number of people in the country.

I am not celebrating anything. Just trying to bring the discussion back on track, which was derailed by trolls going off on a GDP tangent.

To add,

Obviously you wouldn't care about the projected figures because they list India's GDP per capita nominal by 2014 at $1,347.701 and Pakistan's at $1,248.117. :lol:

And, that very same source mentioned GDP per capita (PPP) figures which obviously you wouldn't point out -

2009: India 2,872.973; Pakistan 2,790.061
2010: India 3,005.254; Pakistan 2,856.946
2011: India 3,187.268; Pakistan 2,958.696
2012: India 3,433.493; Pakistan 3,121.721

And... by the way, PPP is considered to be more accurate compared to nominal because PPP takes into account the relative cost of living and the inflation rates of various countries, rather than using just exchange rates which may distort the real differences in income. :P

No, I ignored projections because I am not interested in hypotheticals. Let's deal with the here and now.

Also, there has been much debate, even in this forum, about the merits of using PPP to compare countries. Some people like it better, some don't. On the most basic level, you can't compare a predominantly rice/vegetarian society with a bread/meat-eating society.

So you think India's economic growth is because of the software industry? If that is what you think, than you're wrong. It is India's domestic market that is fueling growth and not some IBM call center.

India is doing better than Pakistan not because of some anti-muslim bias but because - it is far more stable, it is a bigger market, it's private sector is second to none, it has better laws and better infrastructure - all of it make India a far more attractive investment destination.

Indian economic growth is good for Pakistan back to the topic guys....

Thank you.

In a way, it would be better if the Indian economy was significantly better than Pakistan, because it would shame our leaders into acting.

Just as Pakistan's military has kept pace with India in terms of quality if not quantity, our economy needs a similar competitive boost.

I would also like Lollywood to become competitive to Bollywood (the way it was back in the 70s) but that is yet another tangent.

No, I ignored projections because I am not interested in hypotheticals. Let's deal with the here and now.

Also, there has been much debate, even in this forum, about the merits of using PPP to compare countries. Some people like it better, some don't. On the most basic level, you can't compare a predominantly rice/vegetarian society with a bread/meat-eating society.

Now you are making this racist,india has more meat-eating society than you if we leave hindu society.
Even hindu eat meat too....

so how this philosophy come from and what it prove...

Of the sources you gave, two were wikipedia (unreliable) and one was old (2004). I went with the only authoritative source with the latest figures.

2004??!!

Wow.. the stuff people do to gain higher moral ground.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2004rank.html

World Factbook webpage was first published in 2004 and has been updated for 2008 figures. You simply refused to mention it because it had higher figures for India.

Now.. regarding the Wikipedia source.. World Bank does not mention direct figures for GDP per capita but divide GDP (PPP) figures by WB for India and Pakistan with their respective population and you'll get $2,972 for India and $2,644 for Pakistan.

Do the math yourself -

GDP (PPP) -
http://siteresources.worldbank.org/DATASTATISTICS/Resources/GDP_PPP.pdf

Population -
http://siteresources.worldbank.org/DATASTATISTICS/Resources/POP.pdf

:)

So you think India's economic growth is because of the software industry? If that is what you think than you're wrong.

India is doing better than Pakistan not because of some anti-muslim bias but because - it is far more stable, it is a bigger market, it's private sector is second to none, it has better laws and better infrastructure - all of it make India a far more attractive investment destination.

Agree with everything except the anti-Muslim bias.

There is no doubt in my mind that Pakistan suffers due to an anti-Muslim bias in the West. Not just Pakistan. Look at Turkey and Malaysia. They have had stable governments also, but they haven't progressed as much compared to their capabilities.

I am not celebrating anything. Just trying to bring the discussion back on track, which was derailed by trolls going off on a GDP tangent.

Back to the thread topic, I think India’s economic growth is bad for Pakistan. It can be used by India to extort concessions from Pakistan.

OK.. don't compare PPP, but lets compare nominal...

Divide WB figure GDP nominal in 2008 with respective population and you'll get $1,068 for India and $1,013 for Pakistan. That's barely any difference as of now. But to say that India is much poorer than Pakistan is absolutely ridiculous.

GDP nominal -
http://siteresources.worldbank.org/DATASTATISTICS/Resources/GDP.pdf

Population -
http://siteresources.worldbank.org/DATASTATISTICS/Resources/POP.pdf

Back
Top Bottom