What's new

Indian economic growth is good for Pakistan

What you mean by Software are low level jobs. I tried to learn software and fail to do so. I found it extremely hard. Also, Most of all weapons need software and not only Parts. You are just disgracing the IT.

Most of the service sector jobs in India fall into two categories:

- call center (this includes collection, medical claims processing, legal research, etc. etc.)

Almost all these jobs can be performed by a reasonably intelligent person with some specialized training. Little or no university-level education or innovation is required.

- software (this has different levels of skills)

One of my degrees is in computer science, so I know IT quite well. Again, much of the junior programming can be done by people with the proper training. It is true that it is not for everybody. Some people find it easy, others are more inclined towards creative or business fields.

And there are western medias who are bent on harming Pakistan by printing these kind of false info same as they said that Pakistan will
fall into Pisces in 2009 and on the other hand some of them including India start supporting a small and local vagabonds/troublemakers separatists by paying them millions, we have the proof of it. we know it we shall fix it and one thing for sure we shall never support separatists in any country, after all we have class.

So get off your high horse and see the light.

Yes! The entire western media is hell bent on harming Pakistan's reputation. Pakistani media is the only beacon of light among darkness! :yahoo:

Go Pakistani media! :victory:

Wait! But Pakistani media does not publish or carry out any international survey! What to do? :undecided:

I'm not saying that India is perfect.. we still have a long way to go. But to say that India's edge only lies in cheap labor and not in its technological abilities is 'mind-blasting'.

My good man, in that case, prepare for your mind to be blasted. I am not saying India doesn't have good universities or research institutes but, except for a select small group of industries, they are irrelevant to the outsourcing model.

Innovation, plain and simple, is not a factor in India's economic growth. It may contribute here and there, but the reason India gets service sector jobs is cost. Pure and simple. $$$.

From your own link,
Nearly 94% of companies surveyed say they would definitely consider India as an outsourcing destination for the right price,

Get it? For the right price, i.e. if it's cheap enough.

I know it from the other side because I have been directly involved with companies which outsourced to India. In every single case, the deciding factor was cost, even though we knew the Indian engineers were inferior to local talent. We could afford to hire twice or thrice as many and afford more dead weight. Recently we switched to Vietnam because they are even cheaper than India.

And that's just IT. Call center jobs require neither innovation, nor advanced university degrees. Almost anybody who can speak English and follow simple instructions will do. Just need to train them for a few weeks.

...on the other hand some of them including India start supporting a small and local vagabonds/troublemakers separatists by paying them millions, we have the proof of it. we know it we shall fix it and one thing for sure we shall never support separatists in any country, after all we have class.

Why don't you do us all a favor and show us the proof. :)

You if visited Pakistan u will rarely see people sleeping on the side walks, but in India miles and miles of side walks are used by homeless, Millions of people sleep on the side walks. Not in Pakistan.

Only beneficiary of development are rich and the famous, India is still the poorest of the poor. In many cases worse off than Pakistan.

Hmm... in what cases?

Per capita income (nomial)?

IMF -
Report for Selected Countries and Subjects

World Bank and World Factbook -
List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Per capita income (PPP)?

IMF -

World Factbook -
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2004rank.html

World Bank -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Oh no! But I again cited those Western sources. So.. let us all believe the wise, credible 'asq'. :bounce:

Last edited:
From your own link,
Nearly 94% of companies surveyed say they would definitely consider India as an outsourcing destination for the right price,

Who is saying that price is not a factor? Hell yes India attracts more clients because of cheap labor but in that case why not Philippines, Thailand and even China?

And you deliberately stop at the comma, and ignore other factors which the outsourcers mentioned such as "accountability" and "reputation".

Lame.

From your link

GDP Per capita:
2007: India 939.524; Pakistan 912.170
2008: India 1,016.158; Pakistan 1,044.485
2009: India 981.984; Pakistan 997.799
2010: India 1,007.891; Pakistan 1,028.596
2011 and beyond -- projected, who cares?

Maybe you don't understand how to read the data. Was this a demonstration of the superior Indian technical abilities? :rofl::rofl:

My good man, in that case, prepare for your mind to be blasted. I am not saying India doesn't have good universities or research institutes but, except for a select small group of industries, they are irrelevant to the outsourcing model.

Innovation, plain and simple, is not a factor in India's economic growth. It may contribute here and there, but the reason India gets service sector jobs is cost. Pure and simple. $$$.

From your own link,

I know it from the other side because I have been directly involved with companies which outsourced to India. In every single case, the deciding factor was cost, even though we knew the Indian engineers were inferior to local talent. We could afford to hire twice or thrice as many and afford more dead weight. Recently we switched to Vietnam because they are even cheaper than India.

And that's just IT. Call center jobs require neither innovation, nor advanced university degrees. Almost anybody who can speak English and follow simple instructions will do. Just need to train them for a few weeks.

What pakistan has done in IT field,and call center is not for engineers,it is for 10th and 12th pass student.
Indian engineer work on IT company,we have many IT company like Infosys,HCL,L&T infotech soon list go long....

Call center is not for engineers....engineers job is testing,development,debuging etc....

duplications

Last edited:
From your link

GDP Per capita:

Maybe you don't understand how to read the data. Was this a demonstration of the superior Indian technical abilities? :rofl::rofl:

Nope.. it was the demonstration of Indian fairness. I gave three sources for GDP (nominal), out of which 2 (World Bank and Worldfactbook) ranked India higher Pakistan but one (IMF) ranked India lower.

And why did you not mention the GDP per capita (PPP) figures by IMF?

Again.. lame.

Last edited:
From your link

GDP Per capita:

indian GDP (PPP)- $3.288 trillion.
indian GDP (nominal)-$1.209 trillion.

Pakistan GDP (PPP)- $439.558 billion.
Pakistan GDP (nominal)-$167.640 billion.

:angel:I am not Laughing:angel:

Who is saying that price is not a factor? Hell yes India attracts more clients because of cheap labor but in that case why not Philippines, Thailand and even China?

And you deliberately stop at the comma, and ignore other factors which the outsourcers mentioned such as "accountability" and "reputation".

Lame.

As stated, companies are looking at Vietnam, Philippines, and other countries.

India has a head start because of its stable government and English speaking base. And that head start is a great asset because corporate America is very conservative. "accountability" and "reputaion" are bywords for conformity. No manager is going to stick out his/her neck and outsource to some unknown place. It's called CYA (cover you a**) by staying with the crowd.

That is why outsourcing was slow at first, because Western managers were not sure about India. It is also the same reason why other countries have a hard time breaking into this market. They would have to be significantly cheaper than India for a Western manager to break out from the crowd and take a risk. It's not because India is "better" than these countries; it's just because it was there first.

What pakistan has done in IT field,and call center is not for engineers,it is for 10th and 12th pass student.
Indian engineer work on IT company,we have many IT company like Infosys,HCL,L&T infotech soon list go long....

Call center is not for engineers....engineers job is testing,development,debuging etc....

I already explained that, except for a small percentage, most IT jobs are for junior level coding grunts. I know all about testing, developing, and debugging. On Wall Street, they are contemptuously referred to as "code monkeys".

As stated, companies are looking at Vietnam, Philippines, and other countries.

India has a head start because of its stable government and English speaking base. And that head start is a great asset because corporate America is very conservative. "accountability" and "reputaion" are bywords for conformity. No manager is going to stick out his/her neck and outsource to some unknown place. It's called CYA (cover you a**) by staying with the crowd.

That is why outsourcing was slow at first, because Western managers were not sure about India. It is also the same reason why other countries have a hard time breaking into this market. They would have to be significantly cheaper than India for a Western manager to break out from the crowd and take a risk. It's not because India is "better" than these countries; it's just because it was there first.

Outsourcing is mainly for call center,its does not required skilled ppl...
India's IT market is not limmited to outsourcing,we design software,games,mobile software,software for machinery, for Satellite etc...

even su 30mki has Indian software and indian computer onboard.

we design pc software and soon.......:angel:

Back
Top Bottom