What's new

Indian aspiration for permanent UNSC seat

Its strange how Indians come and start the hue and cry that see what Pakistani authors have to say, forgetting your own rant shown by the Indian media about Pakistan.

Are you guys the saints or what ??

India is our enemy, why should we let it get a UNSC seat or don't raise our voice, since it will be creating problems for us in future.

Would have India sit quietly, had it been Pakistan talking about getting a perm UNSC seat ?? Don't think so, as Indians even start crying if we buy a single bullet from somewhere.

This is the level of animosity between us, so don't be surprised or show hypocrisy as if you guys don't do such things.

Thank you taimikhan for speaking so bluntly.

There is absolutely no point trying to refute the points made by the author in this article right now, since these are the same points that will be raised in future by Pakistan.

Pakistan will be doing its national interest a great disservice if it lets India become a permanent UNSC member without any opposition.

Its strange how Indians come and start the hue and cry that see what Pakistani authors have to say, forgetting your own rant shown by the Indian media about Pakistan.

India is our enemy, why should we let it get a UNSC seat or don't raise our voice, since it will be creating problems for us in future.

Would have India sit quietly, had it been Pakistan talking about getting a perm UNSC seat ?? Don't think so, as Indians even start crying if we buy a single bullet from somewhere.

This is the level of animosity between us, so don't be surprised or show hypocrisy as if you guys don't do such things.

Fair point. This should also answer all the Pakistani members who keep saying India keeps crying when Pakistan procures weapons.

Very valid points.

I cannot understand why Indians either post news on this forum on Indian bid for a UN seat or react to what Pak posts have to say.

Diplomacy is never done in public domain it needs closed doors .

India & Pak can never be friends simply coz India will never give up its state of J&K while Pak will keep crying over spilt milk.Both have their reasons which have been thrashed to death & beyond here endlessly.

Therefore India should do as it feels fit & so will Pak. India has the advantage of development, democracy & economy which acts as a magnet to the world. All it now needs to do is to consolidate on its strengths and exploit Pakistani weakness .

Leave the rest to time. the bottom line is the with or without a seat we are ok and if we focus on ourselves seats will follow. Today the world needs India more than India needs the world.

The permanent UN seat is just matter of time now, in the next 20 years it will surely come the only question is which part of that 20 years

The permanent UN seat is just matter of time now, in the next 20 years it will surely come the only question is which part of that 20 years

20 YEARS............in next 10 years itself i see a chance....the talks for the expansion of UNSC will be held next year.........

An honest answer…. The answer would have been unconvincing if it would question India’s aspiration to UNSC based on toilets, weak economy, hegemonic designs, failure of secularism etc…etc…

I second that. On the contrary though, Pakistan also voted in favour of India for this non-permanent UNSC seat. Judging by that, I think the real problem with Pakistan is the Veto - power. I dont think pakistan will oppose Indian permanent seat on UNSC IF it comes without the veto power.

I second that. On the contrary though, Pakistan also voted in favour of India for this non-permanent UNSC seat. Judging by that, I think the real problem with Pakistan is the Veto - power. I dont think pakistan will oppose Indian permanent seat on UNSC IF it comes without the veto power.

pakistan will oppose each and every thing which is in India's favour... oic is an example

pakistan will oppose each and every thing which is in India's favour... oic is an example

Wrong. Pakistan will oppose each & everything which is in India's favour "AND" not in their interests. Every country will do the same, no hard feelings in this regard.

While there are a no of reasons India should not get the SC permanent seat(geo-political ones) the reasons the author puts forward are all crap.

Weak economy?..20 million people died of hunger in china as part of the cultural revolution when she was a member of the security council...

Democracy..Soviet Union/China/France(at one time 3 out of 5 had nothing to do with democracy)?

Secularism..Soviet Union/China?

Last edited:
What's there not to understand, India will Veto everything pro-Pakistan. Why should we let that happen?

To top it all off, India has outstanding issues that it needs to resolve at the UNSC level. It would be a conflict of interest to allow India to veto resolutions passed against itself.

It would also mean no new resolution can ever come forward on Kashmir.

It would be rubber stamping India's violence and tyranny over Kashmir.

India is undeserving because it mocks the UNSC every living moment.

In common understanding...the above is stating the obvious...
My feeling is that...once India has a permanent seat...
Kashmir definitely would not be resolved the way Pakistan wants it to be resolved...which obviously would sour relations...
that apart I am sure we would have a friendly attitude towards Pakistan...
Wouldn't Pakistan not like to be friendly towards India once it's most sought after goal is achieved(which in your case might be resolution of kashmir or better still accession of Kashmir into Pakistan)?
Getting a UNSC is somewhat a long-term goal for us...whether we deserve it or not is a different issue...
I am sure we would have a pro-Pakistan attitude...Kashmir is the only thing that keeps us from being overtly friendly...

will have to wait for atleast a decade more to get veto power.

The world cannot wait for a decade to dump this despotic system! The veto is the most ugly and undemocratic aspect of the UN. The sooner the world gets rid of this the better. The veto is being used to defend crimes by terrorist states like Israel.

Back
Top Bottom