What's new

Indian Army News & Discussions

Army Chief to visit Israel next month

BY DANFES, AGENCY

New Delhi,Army Chief General V K Singh is scheduled to travel to Israel for a three-day visit next month when he will review the joint military programmes and seek to further enhance bilateral defence ties.

Gen Singh is scheduled to visit Israel from March 16 to 18 when he will hold talks with the top military and political leadership, Army sources told PTI here.

The Army Chief is also expected to discuss with his Israeli counterpart the future joint development of defence programmes.

Gen Singh is currently on a four-day visit to Britain from where he will return on February 20.

Three years ago, Gen Deepak Kapoor had also visited Israel.

Defence cooperation between India and Israel has been burgeoning since diplomatic relations between New Delhi and Tel Aviv were established in 1992.

The ties have become stronger in the recent times with India emerging as the largest purchaser of Israeli defence hardware since the beginning of the 21st Century.

India has inducted from Israel the PHALCON Airborne Early Warning and Control Systems that would be fitted to Indian Air Force's three IL-76 heavy lift transport aircraft.

That apart, India has brought the Green Pine radars that warn of incoming enemy ballistic missiles.

Indian Armed Forces are also users of Israeli unmanned aerial vehicles for intelligence, reconnaissance and surveillance purposes.

Army Chief to visit Israel next month

On a side note- quashes sensational talk of resignation!!

Army to step up vigil in Uttarakhand

With China spreading its tentacles in Tibet fearing unrest, the Indian army is moving swiftly to increase its presence in the border state of Uttarakhand and construct 13 new helipads.

The army has thus put up a roadmap to acquire 23,216 acres of more land in the hill state, keeping in view strategic importance of Uttarakhand. State chief secretary Subash Kumar held discussions on Thursday with top army officials. The meeting, held at the secretariat here, also decided to give the army NOCs required for its different projects in the hill state. This will be done within ten days, an official statement said.

The meeting also decided in principle that the land required by army should be made available, and there should be no further delay. In this regard, Kumar asked both the commissioners of Garhwal and Kumaon regions to identify such land on top priority basis. The government should carry a joint survey with field officers of the army, he added.
In the meeting, the defence personnel said the army would construct 13 helipads in the state. Besides, it would take up new projects in areas such as Almora, Banbasa, Dharchula, Dehradun, Dharasu, Charmagaurd, Chhiyalekh, Gunji, Ghatoli, Ghansali, Auli, Haldwani, Pantnagar and Pithoragarh, the statement said.

The army is moving ahead to increase its presence in Uttarakhand at time when China has already increased its presence in Tibet fearing turmoil by supporters of Dalai Lama. The Tibetan administration has already beefed up security measures following a spate of suicides by monks and nuns, demanding the return of the Dalai Lama.
:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: ALH Rudra ready to spit fire | HAL equates it with Black Hawk & Puma | Phase-1 IOC likely in May

Express News Service
Bangalore: Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) is all set to unleash Rudra, a beast of a machine from its hangars soon. Rudra (fierce form of Lord Shiva) is the Mk-IV weapon systems integrated (WSI) version of HAL’s star chopper Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) and is expected to get the Phase-1 Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) this May. Painted in black, the Rudra is one hell of a machine -- fully-loaded and truly menacing. HAL says get on beyond the looks!
The IOC is split into two parts, with Phase-2 expected later, only to accommodate the users’ choice of an anti-tank guided missile (ATGM). The Defence Research Development Organisation too is tempting the user (Army & IAF) with a desi-ATGM (Helina, the air version of Nag also called as alternate ATGM). “The weapon trials are on and we have completed the Missile, gun and rocket trials at Pokhran, Chandipur and Kalaikunda. We are conducting integrated weapon trails with all sensors coming into play,“ sources said. The Rudra is powered by Shakthi engine.
As per the initial orders, close to 70 Rudras are to be supplied to Indian armed forces. “It has comfortably-exceeded the payload and performance requirements at 6 km height. It has integrated sensors, weapons and electronic warfare suite using an upgraded version of the glass cockpit used in the Mk-III. The cockpit avionics is a state-of-the-art technology when it comes to helicopters. The sensors include stabilised day and night cameras, Infra-Red imaging, as well as laser ranging and designation,” sources said.
The weapons onboard Rudra cover all role aspects including air-to-air and air-to-ground from the stabilised and turreted high-velocity M621 20 mm cannon to long-range 70 mm rockets (8 km) and air-to-air missiles (Mistral-II). The EW suite consists of MAWS (missile approach warning system) laser and radar warning systems and automated with sensors covering all envisaged threats. It has automatic dispensation of countermeasures like chaff and fare dispensing systems.
HAL claims that Rudra is the only attack helicopter in the world which can operate in the higher reaches of the Himalayas with a decent armament load. “The MI-35 is restricted to well below 6000 feet and the newly-acquired Apache will be restricted to below 12,000 feet. This puts the onerous task of defending the Himalayas on Rudra. It is not strictly an attack helicopter in the present day context and perhaps be compared to a proof-of-concept US-Israeli Black Hawk (completed in 2009) and to the recent IAR-330 SOCAT armed upgrade version of Eurocopter’s Puma helicopter,” says HAL sources.
Both Black Hawk and Puma are in the 9 tonne AUW (all-up weight) Class, and have far lesser high-altitude performance compared to Rudra. The Mk-III version of Dhruv holds the record of landing on a helipad at 20,000 feet in Siachen (world’s highest helipad) carrying a load in excess of 600 kg, during peak summers.

check link for pics

pdsr556kalantak07foldab.jpg

pdsr556kalantak07fixedb.jpg

ddn14loc-p4-c-3-1_1216094961.jpg

upgrades.jpg

t5rdee.jpg

A relative of mine , works of a company that sells mapping as well as surveillance related software to india's armed and paramilitary forces, including the CRPF COBRA command centre, which is in delhi (cant disclose exact location on an open forum ) ,

Anyway, we were out having dinner with an influential person in artillery who was going to okay the software purchase . We got talking about the nirbhay cruise missile programme , and he said, a lot of it might use tech from the brahmos, and that the army didnt really need the nirbhay as of now. The reason for this, he pointed out, is that the 290km range of the brahmos is more of an eyewash. We have managed to secretly upgrade modify of our brahmos missiles to go up to 900-1000km. He also stated that the brahmos is already nuclear capable . Of course, these cannot be declassified, and it would be a major diplomatic disaster for russia and india. He said that with the coming of the nirbhay, we could actually make this capability known.

Seems only logical that the indian navy is putting the brahmos aboard all of its new ships.

Of course, i dont have any 'links' to back my story up, and i cant name the people involved . . . . but, that's it, for what its worth.

A relative of mine , works of a company that sells mapping as well as surveillance related software to india's armed and paramilitary forces, including the CRPF COBRA command centre, which is in delhi (cant disclose exact location on an open forum ) ,

Anyway, we were out having dinner with an influential person in artillery who was going to okay the software purchase . We got talking about the nirbhay cruise missile programme , and he said, a lot of it might use tech from the brahmos, and that the army didnt really need the nirbhay as of now. The reason for this, he pointed out, is that the 290km range of the brahmos is more of an eyewash. We have managed to secretly upgrade modify of our brahmos missiles to go up to 900-1000km. He also stated that the brahmos is already nuclear capable . Of course, these cannot be declassified, and it would be a major diplomatic disaster for russia and india. He said that with the coming of the nirbhay, we could actually make this capability known.

Seems only logical that the indian navy is putting the brahmos aboard all of its new ships.

Of course, i dont have any 'links' to back my story up, and i cant name the people involved . . . . but, that's it, for what its worth.

should you be telling that kind of india that brahmos has a range of 900-1000km?especially in PDF.if its true.i would suggest you change it please

should you be telling that kind of india that brahmos has a range of 900-1000km?especially in PDF.if its true.i would suggest you change it please

The info cant be proved. I'd be surprised if most even on pdf take this seriously. Do you think the establishment would have kept it secret if there was another option? Toys like these are meant for deterrence,Right now, even if we have the capability, we have no choice but to subdue it. Again, i might as well have been mislead by my source. IF, he was true however, that might actually mean that prasun sengupta was right when he estimated that the nirbhay was supersonic.

btw, off the topic, what i've seen is that the armed forces buy a LOT of software and hardware from us based companies, especially with reference to mapping , intel and surveillance, software alone,amounting to millions of dollars. A recent purchase i'm aware of is some sort of advanced photo recon equipment , and compatible printers bought for the su-30mki.

Maybe, relatively lower value deals, but in areas of immense tactical importance is what the us , generally refers to as increasing strategic partnership between the two countries

The info cant be proved. I'd be surprised if most even on pdf take this seriously. Do you think the establishment would have kept it secret if there was another option? Toys like these are meant for deterrence,Right now, even if we have the capability, we have no choice but to subdue it. Again, i might as well have been mislead by my source. IF, he was true however, that might actually mean that prasun sengupta was right when he estimated that the nirbhay was supersonic.

btw, off the topic, what i've seen is that the armed forces buy a LOT of software and hardware from us based companies, especially with reference to mapping , intel and surveillance, software alone,amounting to millions of dollars. A recent purchase i'm aware of is some sort of advanced photo recon equipment , and compatible printers bought for the su-30mki.

Maybe, relatively lower value deals, but in areas of immense tactical importance is what the us , generally refers to as increasing strategic partnership between the two countries

i get your point but still I worry about our national security

It seems he joke with u . We have developed this stuff with the Russian compsny. Its mutual agreement. Its hard to believe that missile range can be extend to this stage. yes if new ramget ballistic missile made with more using existing technology then yes. But not possible to increase range at such extent. Present missile has only range of 290. What fuel that missile can use to increase this much range. Not think any way it is true.

g on any project before that starts. How do u think Indo rus diplomatic relations I think we may use same tech and make new weapon. Something fishy

I was checking the detailed specs of the indian army's new t-72 CIA MBTs.

Here's what i came across. The drdo magazine 'Tech-focus' stated that the armour on the new combat improved ajeya is actually the kanchan armour

he're the like to prove it :
DRDO Tech Focus

scroll down to the appropriate section of the page.

What this means, is that the army's t-72 survivability has gone up manifold. And would , coupled with the era plates, even outmatch anything our western neighbor has, and most of what the chinese have on their tanks.

We have seen recent reports that most of the t-72 fleet has been upgraded with night fighting capability. It might be that case that the army is very quietly yet steadily, improving the capabilities of its t-72 fleet manifold.

anyone care to discuss?

Back
Top Bottom