What's new

Indian and Chinese Hypersonic Missiles

:lol:

What a drunk clown... can only be sourced from his wet dream. :taz:

dude you can check any where you want search a little bit about the speed and there are about 10 reply's i can give for what you have written ,but i want to keep it clean.:coffee:

Last edited:
no,range is not directly linked with speed.it also depends on azimuth.which can give quite a different trajectory hence different travel time....

Now you're just nitpicking. We're talking about maximum range here, which gives you the same azimuth AND speed for missiles of similar ranges.

I swear, some of you need to take high school physics before discussing this stuff.

Now you're just nitpicking. We're talking about maximum range here, which gives you the same azimuth AND speed for missiles of similar ranges.

I swear, some of you need to take high school physics before discussing this stuff.

even a 6-7th class child with basic knowlegde of projectiles, will tell you that in going from point A to point B, you can choose different paths, means different velocities and trajectories.
forget high school, you need to study 6-7th class stuff.
and furthur the missile can also be guided by systems on board.

even a 6-7th class child with basic knowlegde of projectiles, will tell you that in going from point A to point B, you can choose different paths, means different velocities and trajectories.
forget high school, you need to study 6-7th class stuff.
and furthur the missile can also be guided by systems on board.

key word kid, maximum.

no,range is not directly linked with speed.it also depends on azimuth.which can give quite a different trajectory hence different travel time....

Yes, but for the same range a higher speed means you have to shoot it steeper toward the sky, meaning it will travel higher and therefore take longer to reach your target. The advantage it offers is higher terminal velocity. The negative is that your opponent will have more time to prepare for countermeasures.

Yes, but for the same range a higher speed means you have to shoot it steeper toward the sky, meaning it will travel higher and therefore take longer to reach your target. The advantage it offers is higher terminal velocity. The negative is that your opponent will have more time to prepare for countermeasures.

terminal velocity would be the same given similar aerodynamic shapes, the difference will be re-entry speed. anyhow, i think they're arguing just for the sake of arguing, i doubt anybody with any flag other than an Indian one can convince them.

terminal velocity would be the same given similar aerodynamic shapes, the difference will be re-entry speed.

Yeah re-entry speed is what I mean, should have been more clear.

Dear Indian members, yes from A to B you can have two different paths, they will require different launch angles given the same max speed, or you can have different speeds and different sets of two angles, but there is a minimum speed you must attain for a given range. However for a given speed there is only one angle that gives you the maximum possible range* (which is also the minimum speed for that range). Specs given for ballistic missiles usually list their maximum range. So for two similar ranged ballistic missiles to have large max speed rating differences does not make sense.

*More like the two possible angle for the same speed converges to the same value as you try to extend range to maximum, as extrema usually is only satisfied by one unique solution.

Last edited:
Unless offcourse the rocket is faster burning which means it boosts missile up to higher speeds in short period of time then let it coast earlier (atmosphere drags speed back) than a more sustained, longer push. (as the missile does not reach it's max speed instantly)

So having shorter boost time requires faster acceleration and thus higher speed. However the maximum altitude and the velocity that it reaches at that point is a more useful indicatior of range capability.

Last edited:
:lol::lol: poor joke...:rofl:

dude Indian missiles are far better then CHinese ones, remember.
u have anything like Brahmos...??? keep dreaming...:lol:

only thing is India doesnt have any 10000 km range missile... but we dont need it...and Agni V will be more then enough for our needs..

YJ-91/YJ-12 (China) - Jane's Strategic Weapon Systems

Range: 200 - 400km
Speed: Mach 2.5
Warhead: 205kg.

Seems as capable as Brahmos to me.

Also China has other cruise missiles with longer range and other Mach 2.5+ cruise missiles.

kid that will be true in case of a stone like simple missile(DF-21)... not a advanced missile(Agni II), whose purpose is not only to acheive range but also to acheive much faster speeds..!!

So tell me, how does this "advanced" missile achieve this "much faster" speed? A ballistic missile has NO additional energy input once the booster phase is over, so you cannot possibly obtain kinetic energy that is greater than its maximum potential+kinetic energy at the apogee of the trajectory without violating laws of physics. The trajectory of a missile can certainly be changed at any time, at least theoretically, via the use of fins, but it can only be done so at the EXPENSE of speed.

Speed isn't everything, the Chinese missiles changes course every now and then, making uni-course missile systems such as the Aegis useless in most cases, because it's near impossible to predict which course the missile is going to take next. So with a hypersonic missile following a linear course after firing, it's easy to just aim and fire at the course where the missile WILL pass after a so and so time, with something as slow as a Mach 2 ABM.

In short, Indians like to brag and their technology sucks. It's got a long long way to go before it even dreams of catching up to MotherChina lol.

Then it's not the maximum range anymore.

There is only one azimuth that will give you the maximum range. Once a missile is launched in that azimuth, the actual range is function of its speed.

You're implying that Agni-II is an ICBM fired at a dubiously wasteful, steeper angle. It doesn't happen.

Last edited:
Then it's not the maximum range anymore.

There is only one azimuth that will give you the maximum range. Once a missile is launched in that azimuth, the actual range is function of its speed.

You're implying that Agni-II is an ICBM fired at a dubiously wasteful, steeper angle. It doesn't happen.

Of course it does, it's uber advanced ;)

Back
Top Bottom