What's new

Indian-American entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy announces 2024 presidential bid

Lol. What is a democracy in your opinion?
I ask you first regarding his accomplishments since you supported Vivek without knowing his background.

It's a legitimate and fair question.... No ?

I ask you first regarding his accomplishment since you supported Vivek without knowing his background.

It's a legitimate question.... No ?
No, I said to follow him and form your own opinion. I don't need your dumb sermons. I can gauge worthiness of a candidate myself.

No, I said to follow him and form your own opinion. I don't need your dumb sermons. I can gauge worthiness of a candidate myself.

From what I repeatedly see. It's a lot of promises over and over again.
Promises that we all know will never be delivered.

Just watch any candidate.

You can only gauge promises ?
Is that your understanding of democracy?
So sad 😢

From what I repeatedly see. It's a lot of promises over and over again.
Promises that we all know will never be delivered.

Just watch any candidate.

You can only gauge promises ?
Is that your understanding of democracy?
So sad 😢
You’re probably not familiar with how freedom and democracy work. You could have degrees of support and opposition to a candidates’s policy.
People from autocratic and tyrannical nations will find the concept of choice difficult

You’re probably not familiar with how freedom and democracy work. You could have degrees of support and opposition to a candidates’s policy.
People from autocratic and tyrannical nations will find the concept of choice difficult
So in your opinion you believe the democracy system is working in United States?

So in your opinion you believe the democracy system is working in United States?
Atleast we don't require sermons from people who doesn't live in a democracy. We are not debating the merits of democracy here. We all want that system and that’s that.

Atleast we don't require sermons from people who doesn't live in a democracy. We are not debating the merits of democracy here. We all want that system and that’s that.
not perfectly. But better than almost every where else.
If you believe your Western electoral democracy works then you're part of the less than 20% of Americans.

This Vivek Ramaswamy is a moron.

You think Christian USA will vote for him? lol?

More I listen to him more I like him - let us see. I think he has become a very viable candidate.

Do you judge a person by just listening to him ?

Do you not check his accomplishments ?

This Vivek Ramaswamy is a moron.

You think Christian USA will vote for him? lol?
Do not underestimate a professional con man.

Vivek Accomplishment. :angry:

In 2015, Ramaswamy raised $360 million for the Roivant subsidiary Axovant Sciences in an attempt to market intepirdine as a drug for Alzheimer's disease.[27][30] In December 2014,[31] Axovant purchased the patent for intepirdine from GlaxoSmithKline (where the drug had failed four previous clinical trials) for $5 million, a small sum in the industry.[28] Ramaswamy appeared on the cover of Forbes magazine in 2015, and said his company would "be the highest return on investment endeavor ever taken up in the pharmaceutical industry."[28][30] Before new clinical trials began, he engineered an initial public offering in Axovant.[28] Axovant became a "Wall Street darling" and raised $315 million in its IPO.[31] The company's market value initially soared to almost $3 billion, although at the time it only had eight employees, including Ramaswamy's brother and mother.[28] Ramaswamy took a massive payout after selling a portion of his shares in Roivant to Viking Global Investors.[28] He claimed more than $37 million o_O in capital gains in tax year 2015.[28] Ramaswamy said his company would be the "Berkshire Hathaway of drug development"[3] and touted the drug as a "tremendous" opportunity that "could help millions" of patients, prompting some criticism that he was overpromising.[28]

In September 2017, the company announced that intepirdine had failed in its large clinical trial.[28][32] The company's value plunged; it lost 75% in one day and continued to decline afterward.[28] Shareholders who lost money included various institutional investors, as well as the California State Teachers' Retirement System pension fund.[28] :cray:Ramaswamy was insulated from much of Axovant's losses because he held his stake through Roivant.[28][31] The company abandoned intepirdine. Ramaswamy said in 2018 had no regrets about how the company handled the drug;[31] in subsequent years, he said that he regretted the outcome but was annoyed by criticism of the company.[28] Axovant attempted to reinvent itself as a gene therapy company,[33] but dissolved in 2023.[28]

END Quote

Back
Top Bottom