What's new

Indian Air Force concludes Sukhoi Su30 training programme for Malaysian pilots

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
Indian Air Force concludes Sukhoi Su30 training programme for Malaysian pilots

The Indian Air Force (IAF)'s two-year-plus stint in training their Malaysian counterparts to operate the Russian-made Sukhoi Su30-MKM Flankers came to an end on Sunday.

The 53-member IAF team of air and technical crew, led by Group Captain K.V.R. Raju, had been working with the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) since March 2008.

"The RMAF's 11th Squadron is now capable of operating on their own after achieving the required standards," The New Straits Times quoted Raju, as saying.

"My team and I are proud to have been a part of the efforts of imparting invaluable operational experience to them via the best possible training programme available," he added.

The IAF has been operating the Sukhoi Su30 for the past 12 years, while Malaysia acquired the jets in 2007. (ANI)

Well Does it run On Indian Avionics??? As HAL was Supplying Avionics for The Sukhoi 30 MKM Of Malaysian Airforce, worth $30 Million

Interesting. Any articles on how India came to be involved in the training? I was under the impression that a bulk of the training will be conducted by the Ruskies themselves. Or did India provide a cheaper alternative?

Well Does it run On Indian Avionics??? As HAL was Supplying Avionics for The Sukhoi 30 MKM Of Malaysian Airforce, worth $30 Million

no idea sir but i found to articles..

According to Mr. Fedorov, Irkut, engaged in many countries of South-East Asia and the Asian Pacific region, is already feeling the synergetic effect of the Russian-Indian interaction. ``I mean our participation in the Malaysian tender,'' he underlined, adding that the Su-30 MKM offered to Malaysia is basically a derivative of Su-30 MKI. ``The positive mood of Malaysia with regard to Su-30 MKM aircraft in many respects stems from the successful implementation of the MKI project and the practical result achieved by the Russian and Indian participants in the project.''

the second one

A derivative of the Indo-Russian MKI, the MKM is a highly specialized version for Royal Malaysian Air Force (M is for 'Malaysia' ). It includes Thrust Vectoring Control (TVC) and canards but with avionics from various countries. It will feature head-up displays (HUD), navigational forward-looking IR system (NAVFLIR) and Damocles Laser Designation pod (LDP) from Thales Group of France, MAW-300 missile approach warning sensor (MAWS), RWS-50 RWR and laser warning sensor (LWS) from SAAB AVITRONICS (South Africa) as well as the Russian NIIP N011M BARS PESA radar, electronic warfare (EW) system, optical-location system (OLS) and a glass cockpit. Others include Goodrich lights and communications suite from Rohde & Schwarz of Germany.

both of them are giving a diffrent picture may you can help out sir.

But In that Case Su 30 MKI has mostly Indian Avionics and EW Suit, does this also mean that the following things would be supplied by India Under the 30 Million contract???

Mission Computer cum Display Processor - MC-486 and DP-30MK (Defence Avionics Research Establishment - DARE)
Radar Computer - RC1 and RC2 (DARE)
Tarang Mk2 Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) + High Accuracy Direction Finding Module (HADF) (DARE
IFF-1410A - Identification Friend or Foe (IFF)
Integrated Communication suite INCOM 1210A (HAL)
Radar Altimeter - RAM-1701 (HAL)
Programmable Signal Processor (PSP) - (LRDE)
Multi Function Displays (MFD) - Samtel/DARE
Mayawi EW Suit (India/Israel)

i dont know sir but dont you for 30 mill$ all those high tech equipment is a little cheap...:what: not sure they have the capabilty for a licenced manufacturing all that electronic suite?

Back
Top Bottom