What's new

India world's largest recipient of arms, Pakistan no.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
India's problem free..We have a very noble and peace loving neighbor in Pakistan,the best neighbor one could get.
And then there is China and the maoist problem.
And then our global aspirations.
But hey we still spend within our capacity!I hope the Pakistanis think now on before they target India on arms import..

stop being generous with pakistanis. they know the truth. indian capacity is 12 times the pakistani capacity. so we r bound to spend more. whats their problem?

India's problem free..We have a very noble and peace loving neighbor in Pakistan,the best neighbor one could get.
And then there is China and the maoist problem.
And then our global aspirations.
But hey we still spend within our capacity!I hope the Pakistanis think now on before they target India on arms import..

Now that we have a firm grasp of the obvious, let me get down to the point at hand. Pakistan's arms purchases are for our own interests as India's are for it's own. As thankful as I am for your kind congratulations, I would request you to cut the sarcasm and get to a proper discussion.

stop being generous with pakistanis. they know the truth. indian capacity is 12 times the pakistani capacity. so we r bound to spend more. whats their problem?

Here you are commenting on a PAKISTANI ARMS PURCHASE thread and you are asking us our problem ?
Been smoking weed much ?

Now that we have a firm grasp of the obvious, let me get down to the point at hand. Pakistan's arms purchases are for our own interests as India's are for it's own. As thankful as I am for your kind congratulations, I would request you to cut the sarcasm and get to a proper discussion.
There is a lot of sense in that sarcasm too.
I ll make it simple,if Pakistan has a reason for procuring arms,India on the other hand procuring within its limits,of course Pak-India economic difference will reflect also has good reasons for the same.

There is a lot of sense in that sarcasm too.
I ll make it simple,if Pakistan has a reason for procuring arms,India on the other hand procuring within its limits,of course Pak-India economic difference will reflect also has good reasons for the same.

India happens to be the LARGEST ARMS IMPORTER IN THE WORLD and it is 5 TIMES LARGER than Pakistan. Obviously some concern from our side is natural. If that bothers you, then by all means stop posting on a Pakistani forum and go into denial mode.

But this remains a fact that india is largest arms importer in the world.

India world's largest recipient of arms, Pakistan no.3

Regarding development of Pakistan it won't happen until people keep on choosing corrupt polititions, the money will go only in their swiss accounts.

ms9BS.gif

India happens to be the LARGEST ARMS IMPORTER IN THE WORLD and it is 5 TIMES LARGER than Pakistan. Obviously some concern from our side is natural. If that bothers you, then by all means stop posting on a Pakistani forum and go into denial mode.

we also have many times larger border to protect so it is obvious that this hike is not only pakistan centric but will cater to our huge land border and sea border...

Pakistan is a front line state in the WoT and we have a 1600km long border with a hostile neighbour. A porous border with the battlefield of the WoT. I think our expenditure is justified, even if you feel it is not, there are men with much sounder heads in the DoD who think it is. Given the choice between their advice or theirs, it's a no-brainer.............

this is true
constantly in the 10 year of WoT cant be fought or won with posting emotes on the web.

India is worlds largest importer of Arms and ammunition

it is unfortunate that our domestic industry cannot meet the requirements of the amred forces that we have to import the required hardware, but the silver lining in this dark cloud is that the apart from our traditional partners like UK, Francee and russia, in last two decades israel and US have joined the list of our suppliers.

I realize that pakistani members here relish to extrapolate this fact of "largest importer of arms" to being incompetent in research or production, the only other nation that has successfully overcome it's technological research to output efficiency is china. People here are scoring brownie points to tell, "oh see you cant make anything" but subtly are forgetting that India although slowly but steadily is becoming a giant in sectors that had thorough research background in india about 2 decades ago like IT and Pharma.

being an optimist, I believe it takes around a decade or more for fruition of technological research into good operational platforms, and I see the defence industry growing exponentially in India. As we are world largest weapon systems consumers, we will be able to sucessfully sustain a domestic weapons industry without any dependencies on foriegn customers which have been a big problem for countries like france, UK, Sweeden etc.

Also the aspirations of a young nation like India, will call for more meaningful strategic role for our Naval and Air forces in the region and around the world making the defence market even bigger. In this era of globalization western and russian firms will enter into conglomeration with Indian entities bringing the best R&D protocols to Indian shores.

In case members here are just interested to make fun of India for being the largest importer due to lack of research ability, let me remind you that we were a bankrupt country in 1991, we have come a long way from there and we will keep growing, whether you like it or not.

i really worry about the quality of the local produced arms and ammunition these days.
I as a son of a paramilitary officer had a chance to operate the newly imported AK 47's from bulgaria and you know what the ammunition was made in Ordinance factory here and the offset on firing was 1.5 feet and when Bulgarian ammunition was used it had a bull's eye at the target.
The quality of the gun powder that we produce should be equal to that of the Bulgarians and right now its not.

i really worry about the quality of the local produced arms and ammunition these days.
I as a son of a paramilitary officer had a chance to operate the newly imported AK 47's from bulgaria and you know what the ammunition was made in Ordinance factory here and the offset on firing was 1.5 feet and when Bulgarian ammunition was used it had a bull's eye at the target.
The quality of the gun powder that we produce should be equal to that of the Bulgarians and right now its not.

You are one honest Indian who spoke of the truth.

the most unfortunate part is not that pakistan spending this huge money. but pakistan is only spending this money on buying weapons. india on the other hand is smarter. just in last 15 yrs total number of labs under drdo, hal, nal ada etc is close to 200 labs drdo alone has close to 60 labs. and add to that 500 manufacturing partners and jvs with the rest of the world like schema , eads , aw and russia, and also a workforce of uncountable ppl. all this done in just 10 yrs.

and also dont forget that india has sucessfully masterred a whole lot of stuff: hal lch, hal lca, trainers, navy stealth ships, nuke subs, slbm, slcm, aad pad, icbm, 3rd gen tanks, space rockets max capacity upto 10 t, aircraft carriers and the list goes on.

pakistan has done not even a single thing from its soil in the list. we have secured our future as our govt is actually serious abt indegeneous defence and fruits will be seen soon. i am deeply worried abt their future. they spend equal money on defence as they add in economy in 1 year.

you really are blind towards the fact.

True, they should not make fun. But its also true that we are fighting a war.

Then there's this Pakistan, China, India trio. Why are they increasing arms, BECAUSE each doesn't trust the other. So they keep on spending more and more all three of them. Pakistan being the poorest of the three has to spend more of GDP to keep up with India and China, somehow if not fully. So the solution for this thing would only be possible in case all reduce their arms together.

Check the figures when you were not fighting war...it is same....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom