What's new

India will require more than T-90SM to deal with New Pakistani Army tanks .

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
India is all set to place orders for 464 T-90SM main battle tanks to arguments its current fleet of T-90s MBT which will now take total orders over the 1300s. While India continues to rely on Russian-supplied Main Battle tanks which form a large chunk of its Tank fleet while it continuously keeps ignoring Indigenous homegrown Arjun Main Battle tanks , Interesting development in Pakistani Army might force Indian Army to take rethink their policy towards Indigenous Arjun Main Battle tanks.

Pakistani Army until now heavily relied on it’s 420 Indigenously developed Al-Khalid and 300 Ukrainian T-80 MBTs to counter India’s T-90 MBTs but recent development and change of stance in Pakistani army think tank suggests acceptance of multiple tank approach plans to deal with India’s T-90s.

Pakistan has started development of Al Khalid-Improved (I) MBT which comes equipped with improved Ukrainian 6TD-2 engine generating a maximum 1,200 bhp. Pakistan is also developing Al-Khalid II which will incorporate newly redesigned turret and will be powered by a 1,500 hp engine . Both tanks will be heavier and will move above 50 tonnes weight .

Pakistan is also negotiating with Chinese to procure VT4 main battle tank which comes powered by 1,300 hp engine armed with 125mm smoothbore cannon . weighing 52 tonnes , Once inducted VT4 will be the heaviest tank to be operated by Pakistan Army’s Armoured Corps.

But there is more to that , Pakistan Army also has shown interested in purchase of Turkish Altay main battle tank (MBT) which clearly marks shift in strategic by Pakistan army which is now moving from lower-cost, lighter-weight tanks to heavier tanks ,since Altay weights 65 tonnes indicating Pakistani army is now interested in heavier and qualitatively driven MBTs.

According to Pakistani defence Analyst, Altay and VT4 MBTs along will Al-Khalid II might be used in the first line of defence and in offensive roles due to better armour protection they carry and older Al-Khalid, Al-Khalid Improved (I) will from the second line of defence.

Expensive Altay and VT4 MBTs might be procured in lower numbers and Al-Khalid II , Al-Khalid Improved (I) in far greater numbers to maintain a robust stable of tanks, which can take on India’s T-90s and T-90SM tanks .

Pakistani Army interestingly is not counting on one MBT to counter numerically massive and technologically advanced Indian Tank regiments but India on another hand totally depended on only Russian-supplied T-90s MBTs to counter multiple tanks which Pakistani Army will field in case of war . The introduction of Altay MBTs in Pakistani Army might force Indian Army in having a relook at India’s indigenous Arjun tank which has been ignored due to its weight.

http://idrw.org/why-india-will-require-more-than-t-90sm-to-deal-with-new-pakistani-army-tanks/

What a shit ...

Writer do not know that Pakistan is just gowing to procure / manufacture one tank be at Altay or VT4 or any other heavy MBT with TOT under the name of Al-Khalid 2 ...

If you are sealing the border what‘s the point to have tanks? Pathetic!

T-90MS vs VT4 which is better?? I know Chinese have said the VT4 is better, but what's a non bias opinion on this.

T-90MS vs VT4 which is better?? I know Chinese have said the VT4 is better, but what's a non bias opinion on this.

It's down graded version of Type 99. Improvement of over 100 hp over MBT-2000. Similar to T 72.

It's down graded version of Type 99. Improvement of over 100 hp over MBT-2000. Similar to T 72.
VT4 on the same level as the T-72?? assuming the B3 version right??

you would think the VT4 is more survivable than the T-72 and T-90

Back
Top Bottom