India will disintegrate : Tarek Fatah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Now this is what you call a slap in the face. Tarek Fatah, the new found avatara of Hindutvadasis in India who is used as a loudspeaker to puke venom against Pakistan (his country of birth) is discussing how India has never been a single country and its union will break up into individual states.

India won't break. If it does, probably not this century. While I do believe separatism will increase, as India gets richer, and wealth disparity between Indian states gets bigger and bigger, I also believe that nationalism among the general population will also grow. Indian exceptional-ism will increase, as the belief among the population will be that India as a global power is the natural way of the world.

While I don't think India will reach global power status this century, it will next century.

India won't break. If it does, probably not this century. While I do believe separatism will increase, as India gets richer, and wealth disparity between Indian states gets bigger and bigger, I also believe that nationalism among the general population will also grow. Indian exceptional-ism will increase, as the belief among the population will be that India as a global power is the natural way of the world.

While I don't think India will reach global power status this century, it will next century.

I agree, India will never break.

Hindus have been ruled by Muslim rulers for centuries and the paranoia means they will never break up into smaller nations as they know countries like China and Pak could take over the weaker states.

the only places where i can see any sign of wanting independence are the sikh majority punjab and Indian illegally occupied kashmir

Now this is what you call a slap in the face. Tarek Fatah, the new found avatara of Hindutvadasis in India who is used as a loudspeaker to puke venom against Pakistan (his country of birth) is discussing how India has never been a single country and its union will break up into individual states.

He is Indias Tahir-ul-Qadri :D

India is a land of minorities with no majority.

The society is completely sliced and diced by religion, language, caste, status, ethnicity, race etc.

But there are three big forces that keeps India united

1) The existence of Pakistan and China as enemy states make a huge positive impact (based on insecurity) on the unity of the country

2) Sunni Muslim group is the biggest of the groups in India which are disliked by most of the other groups for their radicalism. This is another major positive force (based on negativity) that ensures that India remains united.

3) Apart from the above two, we also have positive forces (based on positivity) like democracy, freedom, secularism, equality, economy and defence that would ensure that the country remains united.

If Soviet Union can break, why not India?

As the name suggested the Soviet Union was a union of Republics not states - each had their own dynamics.

Next India is no where as large & unwieldy as USSR was nor centrally governed.

Further, regular elections at predictable intervals ( state & national) helps to let off the steam.

In India , the inclusion level of the common man was never as high as it is today.

... and so many more reasons.

Sunni Muslims are a problem where ever they live

I do not want to generalize things. I am pretty sure that there are many nationalist and moderate Sunni Muslims but ones who are radicalized are very vocal and complicates things for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom