What's new

India vs Pakistan - Evaluation on Military Strengths

Areas of concern for IA:

1. Artillery
2. Infantry
3. Night readiness

IAF is in a dip but another 4-5 years and it will be one of the best AF's in the world.

IN is doing pretty well already but needs many more submarines.

We have edge in submarines,arty,better armed individual soldiers,army aviation,producing several types of drones,good armour, etc.

means u have edge over each and every known field existing in military field(i think u forgot to mention other's)and all that to within a limited budget of some 7-8 billion,ur really incredible:pakistan:

We have edge in submarines,arty,better armed individual soldiers,army aviation,producing several types of drones,good armour, etc.

Not sure that is true when Scorpene submarines are more advanced compared to Pakistans Agosta-70 subs and also now India will get Akula 2 nuclear sub from Russia on lease considered the most silent among current nuclear submarines.

When it comes to a 'better army' India is going to implement INSAS Futuristic Infantry Soldier As a System.

F-INSAS.jpg

It's quite an old article. The data is also very old. We are entering 2011 now. India is slowly and slowly shifting its focus towards China and Pakistan is gradually disappearing from India's security radar.

I smile every time I hear stuff like this.

Check back with us once your armed forces have repositioned about 70% of their total assets away from the areas bordering Pakistan. Until then, this "focus towards China" is just a bunch of crap.

a lot has changed since this article was made
pakistan is fighting a war and is not in a good economic position as it was then.
The scenario is a bit different now
IN has no counter
IAF is better in terms of the fighters it has and is going to have
IA i believe can counter PA with numbers since we dont have shortage of those
MISSILES is a region i believe both have a tough fight

Check back with us once your armed forces have repositioned about 70% of their total assets away from the areas bordering Pakistan. Until then, this "focus towards China" is just a bunch of crap.

TL, is there a reference material about the 70% assets somewhere. ?

Not sure that is true when Scorpene submarines are more advanced compared to Pakistans Agosta-70 subs and also now India will get Akula 2 nuclear sub from Russia on lease considered the most silent among current nuclear submarines.

When it comes to a 'better army' India is going to implement INSAS Futuristic Infantry Soldier As a System.

F-INSAS.jpg

How many scorpenes does india have right now?
Most of indian subs are obsolete.

But 7 NEW SUBS U-214,MARLYENE and others are there for the taking...
3-4_(Not sure abt number)AIP MESMA AGOSTA-90Bs(only AI MESMA sub in S.A)
3-Upgraded AGOSTA-70Bs?

About F-INSAS....its still uner development and like Insas rifle i dont have any big expectations frm it.

Please read my posts again.

I said ' we are slowly and slowly shifting focus towards China' and also that 'it's a long process and will take nearly 10-15 years'.

As a testimony to this fact, who do you think these C-17's, C-130's, MMRCA's, PAKFA's, Self-propelled and towed artillery, P-8's, MRTA, AMCA, IAC-2, IAC-3, Mig-29's, Gorshkov, Arihant, Nerpa, Brahmos-hypersonic, Agni-5, newly raised mountain divisions etc. are meant for?...Obviously not Pakistan!

I repeat myself once again,

We are slowly and slowly shifting focus towards China but it is a long process and will take another 10-15 years.

means u have edge over each and every known field existing in military field(i think u forgot to mention other's)and all that to within a limited budget of some 7-8 billion,ur really incredible:pakistan:

:tup:
4-500 TON ADVANCED FAQs.
4-High speed attack boats
Panter howitzers
4 bigger,advanced F-22Ps..(4 more )
7 new subs
upgrades for agosta-70s
1 OHP(6-8 More in negotiations)
More then a dozen...P-3 Orion Hawkeyes
115 M109A5s
18 F-16s..18 more on table
MLU star kits
Awesome ammo for F-16s
Mass production of the latest version of A-100
32-36 more helis
JF-17s
36-40 initial batch of FC-20 or J-10B
4-IL-78 MRTT
4-SAAB ERIEYES
54+ COBRAS?
NEW EVALUATION OF ASSUALT HELIS
Z-9C anti submarine warefare helis
H-4 BVR missiles
H-2 PGM
MORE THEN 2 DOZEN FENNEC ASSAULT HELIS?
LOTS OF MI-18S?
4-SINO-INDUS JOINTLY BUILT AWACS?
etc etc and the list goes on?

Note=Indian has no self propelled arty guns...

Last edited:
You misunderstood me. I never meant that we will 'leave' Pakistan.
Sure you wont.
I meant that we will develop our capabilities to defend ourselves against China now and Pakistan will automatically be taken care of.
Lolz..

So you mean that before this you were not preparing yourselves against China at all? No sir since you got whacked in '62 you have been leaning towards China quite hard.

Also you are quite mistaken that by preparing for China Pakistan would automatically be taken care of. See, let me just give you a hint; the terrain between China and india and india and Pakistan is quite different. You have been in the process of raising mountain divisions but that were aimed at countering China.

Though i wont say that those divisions would be absolutely useless against Pakistan but than you people had to come up with something more versatile to counter both the threats.

It's like saying; if i prepare for graduation i would automatically prepare for 10th grade exams.

ALthough it is a very lengthy process and will take at least 10-15 years.
You bet!

How many scorpenes does india have right now?
Most of indian subs are obsolete.

But 7 NEW SUBS U-214,MARLYENE and others are there for the taking...
3-4_(Not sure abt number)AIP MESMA AGOSTA-90Bs(only AI MESMA sub in S.A)
3-Upgraded AGOSTA-70Bs?

About F-INSAS....its still uner development and like Insas rifle i dont have any big expectations frm it.

India is building 6 scorpene submarines which will have AIP and already has 3 german HDW Type 209 submarines as well as upgraded 10 russian kilo subs and kilos are not rubbish ask China who operates them.

India will soon issue a new tender for Project 75I subs which will mean a further 6 being inducted not mentioning the 3 arihant nuclear submarine and the akula 2 on lease that will be inducted.

Back
Top Bottom