What's new

India, US set to ink $1.4bn deal for 22 Apache helicopters

may be Apache's ability to datalink with each other and share information around with others though it highly unlikely the reasone
i just guessed

Nopes ..
Every helicopter doesn't need a radar number oz their roles wary in combat .. The role of helicopters is much different from fighter planes in combat

Plus the numbers of radars/helicopters could be increased in 2nd batch after we are assured with the quality

Imports.

Seriously, can your country make a single weapon by yourself, through innovation or reverse engineering?

Like our auto industry which started with imports then collaborations and JVs with foreign companies and then finally indigenous products .. Defence sector is doing the same
We import , have JVs and we have many indigenous production of tanks , guns , ships , ammunition.. Even our 4th gen fighter plane - Tejas

Can someone pls tell me why the no mismatch between helicopters (22) and Radars (12)?

Well with the Blk.III's data sharing capabilities there is no need for all of the Apaches to be equipped with the Longbows as the ones that do can share the information with those that don't. 12 of 22 is around 1/2, in US army I've heard the number of Apaches with Longbow is 1/3rd.

@ Sancho

Bro is there any intention to develop an AN/APG-78-equivalent millimetric fire control radar
for LCH ??

Will there be advaced versions of LCH like Mk-2 and Mk-3 in future?
Mate I know that HAL is already testing the TD 2 version since the first verion of LCH is yet to receive an IOC fom the MoD ans well as the IAF it would be too early to contemplate MK-2 &3 for the same. . .

They are buying a mean machine from US and I think that there orders might going to double and may be going to get some Tiger in coming years as well. Don't have sources, please let me know if there are some plans for Tiger too.

They are buying a mean machine from US and I think that there orders might going to double and may be going to get some Tiger in coming years as well. Don't have sources, please let me know if there are some plans for Tiger too.
You are right...there will definitely be follow on orders, and BLKIII be bought, don't have longbow radar on all 22, so there may be request for longbow radar too...

Tiger may not be on table i think....

You are right...there will definitely be follow on orders, and BLKIII be bought, don't have longbow radar on all 22, so there may be request for longbow radar too...

Tiger may not be on table i think....

@krait what is tiger??

@krait what is tiger??

He is probably talking about Eurocopter Tiger,

eurocopter_tiger.jpg

Not going to happen though, our own LCH is in the same class and is just as good if not better.

@krait what is tiger??
Salman Khan's character name in his recent movie.....:rofl:

Roybot said it, Eurocopter and he is also right about LCH as we don't need another foreign maal if we can have our LCH which can be built in numbers greater than Tiger at same price. Overwhelming the enemy with numbers always works, even in today.

Sunny Jims - Stop thinking that Advent of Ah64D will lead to MI25/35 Being eased.

Akbars as we call them were procured in 1987 from Russia. Which have received mid-life upgrade by IAI. No retirement till 2020.

The LongBows will be part of AAC and based in East.

Salman Khan's character name in his recent movie.....:rofl:

Roybot said it, Eurocopter and he is also right about LCH as we don't need another foreign maal if we can have our LCH which can be built in numbers greater than Tiger at same price. Overwhelming the enemy with numbers always works, even in today.

OK Tiger, i got it :)

Indians pay top dollars for expensive toys,with the result that tens of thousands of children will be frozen out of schooling。:azn:
We pay top dollars for original cutting edge technology, whereas you Chinese prefer the cheaper reverse engineering route which, needless to say is not the best option! :azn: That one sucks on many counts!

Regarding children, you can apply for the post of educational consultant in India and advise the government how to de-freeze their schooling. :smokin:

Can someone pls tell me why the no mismatch between helicopters (22) and Radars (12)?

Because it seems that 12 of these helicopters out of 22 will be equipped with the Radars. These Attack Choppers will not operate alone, rather in pairs or small packs. Like Hunter-Killer packs or pairs. One will detect and designate the targets while the other(s) will hunt down the quarry. This will be a very cost-effective mode of operating.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom