What's new

India trying to wear a mask of sympathy with Pakistan

Long story short.
The only path of progress for Pakistan is, was and always will be to hold free and fair elections, allow the elected government to rule unhindered for it's elected term according to and within the law and constitution, allow the courts to make decisions and interpret the law without political interference, for all institutions of the state to function within their constitutionally mandated domains without overreach into other domains.

In other words, allow true democracy to function.
It's the only way.

But we all know this without me needing to say it.
We also know it's not going to happen.
What is going to happen is what has been happening for the entirety of our history with exactly the same predictable results and the ensuing spiral into chaos that is unfolding before our very eyes.

Rinse and repeat.

Pakistan Zindabad.

Ashish Kheta, Rana ayub, Mukul Sinha, that IPS who claimed that Modi gave orders not to act, Thehalka and a few others allege a lot but was not able to provide any iota of evidence to substantiate the allegation. Court does not work on "Trust me Bro" method.
This is why my viewpoint also slowly changed from hang Modi to there is more to it than meets the eye. I am certainly not sure where the truth is. It has been obfuscated by both parties. At this moment any truth will be difficult to digest for one of the 2 sides.

This was abuse of power, and she should have been behind bars.

She has got away due to two factors: one, the resounding vote in her favour, in the teeth of a vicious campaign by the BJP, two, the TINA factor, where nincompoops like Swapan DasGupta (a Trotskyite while he was in La Martiniere, and at St. Stephens, and a sudden convert to the Sangh, along with his batch-mate, the late Chandan Mitra) were being suggested. I believe my own batch-mate Ashok Lahiri, a registered turd, was also in the running.
My point is 90% of the heavyweight politicians have been unethical to put it mildly and downright crooked criminals it’s everything in between but are out happily influencing lives instead of paying the price. Why single out Modi given that the Supreme Court has absolved him. In the same light why haven’t CMs who have been incumbent for several communal riots have anything sticking ?
Please mind that I am not defending anyone but this singling out of one person seems extreme which is why the rise of Modi is even more stupendous.

Last edited:
My point is 90% of the heavyweight politicians have been unethical to put it mildly and downright crooked criminals it’s everything in between but are out happily influencing lives instead of paying the price.
Two wrongs do not make a right.

Why single out Modi given that the Supreme Court has absolved him.
It is painful to read you repeating the Sanghi lie that the Supreme Court has absolved Modi.

Absolving him implies that a trial was conducted, and he was found not guilty.

What has actually happened is that the Special Investigation Team, led from the front by a member who was implicated in the suppression of support by the police to the riot victims, very conveniently found not enough evidence to prosecute.

Not enough to prosecute.

They went nowhere near the facts. They gingerly avoided looking at the CDs provided by Sanjeev Bhat, Finally, they submitted a clean chit for the government to the Supreme Court. The lady who led while cutting out the delegation leader went on to become the first woman DG and IGP of Gujarat.

The Supreme Court failed to prosecute due to lack of evidence.

Last edited:
Please mind that I am not defending anyone but this singling out of one person seems extreme which is why the rise of Modi is even more stupendous.
Two things.

Nobody else in Indian politics, other than the Sangh Parivar , has been a set of unhinged and fanatic Islamophobes.

A single person who had bullied 220 million citizens of the country deserves to be singled out and criticised. Unfortunately, contrary to the impressions you may have formed, this man has actively sought to denigrate Muslims, to put obstacles in their path, to have socially distanced themselves.

It is painful to read you repeating the Sanghi lie that the Supreme Court has absolved Modi.

What has actually happened is that the Special Investigation Team, led from the front by a member who was implicated in the suppression of support by the police to the riot victims, very conveniently found not enough evidence to prosecute.

Not enough to prosecute.

They went nowhere near the facts. They gingerly avoided looking at the CDs provided by Sanjeev Bhat, Finally, they submitted a clean chit for the government to the Supreme Court. The lady who led while cutting out the delegation leader went on to become the first woman DG and IGP of Gujarat.

So what is the next step? How to proceed given that the evidence is incomplete ? My vote to prosecute will definitely be there

Pakistan army is in trouble name call India
Simple & easy for the establishment

Us Pakistanis are suckers

So what is the next step? How to proceed given that the evidence is incomplete ? My vote to prosecute will definitely be there
It is impossible to do anything under this regime.
If there is no change of government in 2024, then Modi will get away scot free.

its called due process, granps.

looks like that particular ruling ran afoul of your very entrenched biases.

sith-lord-let-the-butthurt-flow.gif

It is impossible to do anything under this regime.
If there is no change of government in 2024, then Modi will get away scot free.
But in all fairness the Govt has done well in the last 10 years. Indias perception has become better. I need to introspect deeply to understand if India is to be entrusted in the hands of a rapacious coalition or someone with alleged criminality. It’s not easy.

Two things.

Nobody else in Indian politics, other than the Sangh Parivar , has been a set of unhinged and fanatic Islamophobes.

A single person who had bullied 220 million citizens of the country deserves to be singled out and criticised. Unfortunately, contrary to the impressions you may have formed, this man has actively sought to denigrate Muslims, to put obstacles in their path, to have socially distanced themselves.
my wife is a TamBrahm and I have an inside look at the local parties have treated this community for over 100 years. I can post many videos in Tamil that would make you cringe. And this is not politicians, this is the general public's attitude. My opinion is that the muslims are better off. the only reason the community is there is because of the central / state structure.

Long story short.
The only path of progress for Pakistan is, was and always will be to hold free and fair elections, allow the elected government to rule unhindered for it's elected term according to and within the law and constitution, allow the courts to make decisions and interpret the law without political interference, for all institutions of the state to function within their constitutionally mandated domains without overreach into other domains.

In other words, allow true democracy to function.
It's the only way.

But we all know this without me needing to say it.
We also know it's not going to happen.
What is going to happen is what has been happening for the entirety of our history with exactly the same predictable results and the ensuing spiral into chaos that is unfolding before our very eyes.

Rinse and repeat.

Pakistan Zindabad.

It is not only free and fair elections. It is also about freeing Pakistan from the tentacles of military interference in politics. You can hold hundreds of free and fair elections. As long as the generals keep meddling in politics there cannot be progress.

Last edited:
It is not only free and fair elections. It is also about freeing Pakistan from the tentacles of military interference in politics. You can hold hundreds of free and fair elections. As long as the generals keep meddling in politics there cannot be progress.
If you read my post again you will find that that is exactly what I am saying.

S

Not enough to prosecute.

Sounds familiar.
Pakistan, Hindustan, twins separated at birth but clearly identifiable through their DNA.

Somebody at the level of Bajwa would not - could not - have made an irresponsible comment. The Pakistan Army is tightly focussed on security of Pakistan, and I see all its utterly self-destructive interventions in the country's governance as over-optimistic and over-confident efforts to guard its own ability to keep safeguarding the country's security.

Why he said what he did makes sense only in one context, and one only.

The PA - and the PAF, and the PN - are severely deficient in fuel and in spares. Even one or two fortuitous successes in targeting their strategic fuel reserves, and an extended run of good luck targeting their bases (success and good luck from an exclusively Indian point of view) will convert them into a light infantry army with formidable and probably impenetrable anti-tank capabilities, and an integrated air defence system capable of safeguarding against minor or medium-sized forays by the IAF.

The seas will be a write-off.
That's what crossed my mind as well - Bajwa could not have expressed such a thing to a bunch of journalists, and Hamid Mir probably has his own reasons for attributing this statement to Bajwa. I also wonder about the story of Bajwa's legs trembling during the events of Feb '19.

We will certainly find it quite difficult to subjugate the Pak armed forces. Surely their economy will suffer devastating blows due to war, but why should we go through all the trouble when the outcome is so uncertain for us and the loss of lives will be political suicide for any Indian government.

Actually information leaked to the public is sometimes just a fancy tale. We do not know the truth just like we understand little of what is going on in Manipur - i think that something sinister is going on but thats the subject matter of another thread. Even something as simple to investigate such as the wrestlers' protests is being stonewalled. There is so much control over the media and investigative agencies that no major media house is willing to present any worthwhile analysis on these issues.

Last edited:
But in all fairness the Govt has done well in the last 10 years. Indias perception has become better. I need to introspect deeply to understand if India is to be entrusted in the hands of a rapacious coalition or someone with alleged criminality. It’s not easy.
I agree, it is a difficult choice, a dilemma. We can only help each other through dialogue and discussion.

my wife is a TamBrahm
Snap.

Back
Top Bottom