What's new

India to surpass China, will become world's largest economy by 2050: Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaToday

Reaction score
Country
China
NEW DELHI: Surpassing China, India will become the world's largest economy by 2050, says a report.

"China will overtake the US to become the world's largest economy by 2020, which in turn will be overtaken by India in 2050," according to Wealth Report 2012 by Knight Frank & Citi Private Bank.

As per the report, Indian economy will reach $ 85.97 trillion size in terms of purchasing power parity by 2050, while the Chinese GDP would be $ 80.02 trillion during the same period.

The US -- currently the world's largest economy -- is expected to have a GDP of $ 39.07 trillion by 2050.

Other nations in the top ten list of world's largest economies would be Indonesia (4th), Brazil (5th), Nigeria (6th), Russia (7th), Mexico (8th), Japan (9th) and Egypt (10th).

In terms of growth from 2010-2050, India would be the second fastest with its economy growing at the rate of eight per cent in the period.

With a pace of 8.5 per cent, Nigeria would be the fastest growing economy during the same period, the report said.

In 2010, India was world's fourth largest economy with a value of $ 3.92 trillion compared to China's $ 9.98 trillion and America's $ 14.12 trillion.

The report named Surat and Nagpur among fast-growing cities to watch in 2050.

"We believe the cities to watch in 2050 are the 400 emerging market middleweights - fast growing cities with populations between 200,000 and 10 million.

"This dynamic group includes many cities that are not household names today: Linyi, Kelamayi and Guiyang in China; Surat and Nagpur in India; Concepcion and Belem in Latin America," it said.

India to surpass China, will become world's largest economy by 2050: Report - The Economic Times

ohhh...plz spare us Mr chinatoday...:lol:

troll thread;)

ontopic,

i hope it comes true:P

Ontopic
funny-zebra-lion-kick-not-today.jpg

all india has to do is maintain a gdp growth of over 7.5-8 and debt below 60% and this will happen before we expect.

Chinatoday you feeling okay buddy? :D Surat is booming it is the diamond capital of the world where more 90% of the worlds diamonds are cut if u saw blood diamond movie it shows it there.

most of us will be senor citizens by the time this happens :lol:

Chinatoday you feeling okay buddy? :D Surat is booming it is the diamond capital of the world where more 90% of the worlds diamonds are cut if u saw blood diamond movie it shows it there.

Its 92%:D

Uncommon Brilliance

Venus and several hundred other factories, employing 300,000 cutters in total, have made Surat the heart of India's thriving diamond-polishing industry, which last year cut 92% of the world's diamond pieces and earned India $8 billion in exports.

I like it still since my country Egypt will be a top 10 economies in the world, yahooooooooooooooooooo lol. Not even one Western European country, wow.

I more bothered about 2015,2020 at the max till 2030.

By 2050 i"ll be 61 :D

I believe in the report and I am not surprised. China will become old before it gets rich.

“China will overtake the US to become the world’s largest economy by 2020, which in turn will be overtaken by India in 2050.”

India surpassing China has been around since 2005, all western Gurus had predicted that India would surpass China in 2006, then 2007, then 2008.......till now 2012. But India is still lagging well behind and it is still not the forth largest economy but first in weapons procurement. Before surpassing China, India must first surpass France, Germany, Japan, the US then China. If it would surpass China in 2050, it should have already surpass Germany by now.

Guys predicting 5 years ahead has hazards as there are so many variables. How can we even predict 20 years never mind 50. Joke thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom