What's new

India to Start Production of Its Tejas Mark 1A Fighter Jet by 2021

Vertical growth is less., but horizontal is more, , many Indian subsystems are in number of aircrafts..

If private player is confirmed, then rate of production will get doubled

India has very good chance to have a local production line of F-16s, USA is offering them in a platter. Also, in MHO, F-16 is a time tested and much potent aircraft compared to Tejas. Why re-invent the wheel when you already have one. India should should focus their energies and grasp this opportunity rather than building Tejas. May be India can concentrate more on sub-systems like avionics etc. like Israelis are doing.
@Windjammer @MastanKhan

India has very good chance to have a local production line of F-16s, USA is offering them in a platter. Also, in MHO, F-16 is a time tested and much potent aircraft compared to Tejas. Why re-invent the wheel when you already have one. India should should focus their energies and grasp this opportunity rather than building Tejas. May be India can concentrate more on sub-systems like avionics etc. like Israelis are doing.
@Windjammer @MastanKhan

It'll do both. India has to re-up with AMCA.

If India gets F16 with HAL, it's pointless. If India gets F16 or 18 under the the management of the TATAs or other private firm, then it'll spell big things for India's aerospace industry.

And for the people saying Tejas isn't operational, you're wrong. MK1A has refuel probe, AESA radar, among other things.

1045996771.jpg

https://sputniknews.com/asia/20161004/1045996885/india-jet-construction.html

India has yet to produce a working 5th generation aircraft, but it's working towards it.

Indian Air Force Chief Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha expressed satisfaction over the indigenous capabilities for producing the fighter jet. "Next version of Light Combat Aircraft called Tejas Mark1-A would be an improved version. It will have better radar, weapons avionics. We can start production by 2021. We can have 80 such planes by 2027," said Raha. The Tejas Mark1-A is a 4.5 generation aircraft the Indian government has said will not lead to the development of an indigenous fifth generation aircraft.

LCA_Tejas_3.jpg

In August this year, Indian Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar said in Parliament, "there is a separate program between Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) from the Indian side and M/s Rosboronexport from the Russian side for Design and Development (D&D) of the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA)." Air Chief Marshal Raha said that the Indian Air Force is now in a position to continue with research and development of a FGFA. India formed its first Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas squadron on July 1, 2016, with two LCA Initial Operational Configuration (IOC) series production aircraft. A further 18 IOC configured aircraft are planned for induction by 2018-19.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/asia/20161004/1045996885/india-jet-construction.html
I stared at the second picture for a while and then I suddenly realized: Mark 1A is Gripen! :)

@Windjammer @MastanKhan

Hi,

I do not recommend any aircraft for my enemy---if I ever did---it was in error.

@WAJsal @waz @Oscar please move this to the sticky thread.

The OP is again and again opening threads about LCA in numerous times despite having a sticky one. To improve the experience here I urge the admin panel to warn the person concerned. Thanks.

When I was 12 years old, I joined my first defence forum and was told that Tejas will be ready in 2 years. Now I kind of feel old as I am losing hair quickly and might be bald in 2-3 years and India is still giving the same time frame for Tejas

I do really hope that my children will see this aircraft flying/operational before they get married as the generations has passed and we are still waitig for it... the wait is so long that I started feeling pity for the supporters of my enemy nation and despite knowing the fact it will be used against us, it think one day I want to see it.

Afterall we need an aircraft to destroy if India ultimately attacks Pakistan as is evident from their aggressive behaviour in Indian media
wait for our kids to troll on it

It'll do both. India has to re-up with AMCA.

If India gets F16 with HAL, it's pointless. If India gets F16 or 18 under the the management of the TATAs or other private firm, then it'll spell big things for India's aerospace industry.

And for the people saying Tejas isn't operational, you're wrong. MK1A has refuel probe, AESA radar, among other things.
@Windjammer @MastanKhan

No F16s and Gripens.

The need is for 12 squadrons of more aircrafts, all delivered by 2025 to replace the Mig21 fleet , if the delivery only starts in 2025, (as in the case of Gripen and F16) , the procurement doesn't make sense.

If we can actually seal the Rafale deal , then I am much more confident about the 2nd line. LCA is the chosen one for IAF.

Since my birth I am known to this Indian Jet anyways good for them to waste another 30 years to bring this dead project a new life.
Since Birth ? Did your Daddy always Shiver from the name Tajes ? "Munna soo ja nahi tu Tajas AA jaye ga"

When I was 12 years old, I joined my first defence forum and was told that Tejas will be ready in 2 years. Now I kind of feel old as I am losing hair quickly and might be bald in 2-3 years and India is still giving the same time frame for Tejas

I do really hope that my children will see this aircraft flying/operational before they get married as the generations has passed and we are still waitig for it... the wait is so long that I started feeling pity for the supporters of my enemy nation and despite knowing the fact it will be used against us, it think one day I want to see it.

Afterall we need an aircraft to destroy if India ultimately attacks Pakistan as is evident from their aggressive behaviour in Indian media
Well You are a mod.I can see the frustration growing with every other day while 2 Jf 17(God knows how many in background of F7) crashed in not even 60 units is an out rightly shameful. Talking about Tejas,wake up smell the coffee ,3 Tejas Mk1 inducted and flying in airforce colour more will join before end of FY'16. Mk1a is different block series.Till then 50 blocks of mk1 will fly .

Only if you have been better informed, you would know Tejas has been inducted in IAF.

What kind of a name is tejas anyway for a fighter jet ? Sounds more like a 14 wheeler lorry.

Back
Top Bottom