that it's not unusual in such big
deals. "It should come through", he
said, adding that the first aircraft
under the MMRCA deal would start
"flowing in" in 2017.
The Air Marshal dismissed reports
quoting Russian and German officials
who had claimed that the deal is not
final yet and that it's still up in the air.
"Nothing of that sort", he said,
pointing out India had already
declared the lowest bidder -- Rafale --
for the MMRCA deal.
Vyacheskav Dzirkaln, Deputy Director
of Russia's Federal Service for Military
Technical Cooperation,was recently
quoted as saying:"I wouldn't say that
MMRCA tender is a closed issue. We
have information that the tender is
still up in the air".
The deputy chief of the ruling CDU-
led coalition's parliamentary
committee in Bundestag (lower
house of German Parliament) for
foreign and defence affairs, Andreas
Schockenhoff, reportedly said
recently the last word had not yet
been heard on the MMRCA deal.
Russia's MiG-35 did not make it to
the MMRCA shortlist, which also
included Eurofighter
Typhoon,designed by a European
consortium in which Germany is a
part, besides Rafale.

The Economic Times: Business News, Personal Finance, Financial News, India Stock Market Investing, Economy News, SENSEX, NIFTY, NSE, BSE Live, IPO News

India to ink $11 billion MMRCA deal with Rafale by next month: Indian Air Force official

Rafale-Fighter-Aircraft-Indian-Air-F%25255B10%25255D.jpg

BANGALORE: India plans to sign the $11 billion MMRCA (Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft) deal with French Rafale by the end of this month-end or next month, a senior Indian Air Force official said today.

"I find no reason why it shouldn't be signed by the end of this month or next month", Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Training Command, IAF, Air Marshal Rajinder Singh said.

He indicated that negotiations are currently on with regard to pricing for the 126-aircraft deal. "There is money....this thing here and there (pricing being finalised)".

The Air Marshal admitted to "some problems" (on pricing) but asserted that it's not unusual in such big deals. "It should come through", he said, adding that the first aircraft under the MMRCA deal would start "flowing in" in 2017.

The Air Marshal dismissed reports quoting Russian and German officials who had claimed that the deal is not final yet and that it's still up in the air.

"Nothing of that sort", he said, pointing out India had already declared the lowest bidder -- Rafale -- for the MMRCA deal.

Vyacheskav Dzirkaln, Deputy Director of Russia's Federal Service for Military Technical Cooperation,was recently quoted as saying:"I wouldn't say that MMRCA tender is a closed issue. We have information that the tender is still up in the air".

The deputy chief of the ruling CDU-led coalition's parliamentary committee in Bundestag (lower house of German Parliament) for foreign and defence affairs, Andreas Schockenhoff, reportedly said recently the last word had not yet been heard on the MMRCA deal.

Russia's MiG-35 did not make it to the MMRCA shortlist, which also included Eurofighter Typhoon,designed by a European consortium in which Germany is a part, besides Rafale.

India to ink $11 billion MMRCA deal with Rafale by next month: Indian Air Force official - The Economic Times

India to ink $11 billion MMRCA deal with Rafale by next month: Indian Air Force official

BANGALORE: India plans to sign the $11 billion MMRCA (Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft) deal with French Rafale by the end of this month-end or next month, a senior Indian Air Force official said today.

"I find no reason why it shouldn't be signed by the end of this month or next month", Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Training Command, IAF, Air Marshal Rajinder Singh said.

He indicated that negotiations are currently on with regard to pricing for the 126-aircraft deal. "There is money....this thing here and there (pricing being finalised)".

The Air Marshal admitted to "some problems" (on pricing) but asserted that it's not unusual in such big deals. "It should come through", he said, adding that the first aircraft under the MMRCA deal would start "flowing in" in 2017.

The Air Marshal dismissed reports quoting Russian and German officials who had claimed that the deal is not final yet and that it's still up in the air.

"Nothing of that sort", he said, pointing out India had already declared the lowest bidder -- Rafale -- for the MMRCA deal.

Vyacheskav Dzirkaln, Deputy Director of Russia's Federal Service for Military Technical Cooperation,was recently quoted as saying:"I wouldn't say that MMRCA tender is a closed issue. We have information that the tender is still up in the air".

The deputy chief of the ruling CDU-led coalition's parliamentary committee in Bundestag (lower house of German Parliament) for foreign and defence affairs, Andreas Schockenhoff, reportedly said recently the last word had not yet been heard on the MMRCA deal.

Russia's MiG-35 did not make it to the MMRCA shortlist, which also included Eurofighter Typhoon,designed by a European consortium in which Germany is a part, besides Rafale.

India to ink $11 billion MMRCA deal with Rafale by next month: Indian Air Force official - The Economic Times

27294db92bc65c88e0cd77b4766d0327-d58tojl_New.jpg

Treat for Rafale fans :D
CHAFF AND FLARE: Artistic Impression - RAFALE over Arunachal Pradesh in Air Patrol

The Image shows that the deal is about $18 Billion but from what I have learnt is that it will be 200 Rafaels for $20 Billion and even INAF might look towards some Rafaels if they find a dual seat one for carrier whose possibility has increased due to the availability of funds due to this deal which was the only reason for the Naval dual seat not produced.

The Image shows that the deal is about $18 Billion but from what I have learnt is that it will be 200 Rafaels for $20 Billion and even INAF might look towards some Rafaels if they find a dual seat one for carrier whose possibility has increased due to the availability of funds due to this deal which was the only reason for the Naval dual seat not produced.

It is true the Rafale-M's chances for the IN have increased exponetially off the back of the succesful IAF MMRCA bid. However there will still have to be the mandatory open bidding process (N-MMRCA) where we will see the likes of F-18I SH, F-35C and SeaGripen (maybe) compete along with the Rafale unless the IN order "piggybacks" the IAF order and so the number in MMRCA increases to 250+ units with 50+ being for IN. If this were on the cards Dassualt and the IN would have to sort it out between themsleves and it could be complicated, jusgt have to wait and see.

+btw mate there IN's aviation arm is referred to as the Naval Air Arm. The INAF is inappropriate, it is more often used to refer to the Iranian AF.

The Officer must have been reffering to somthing specifally:

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...mrcadeal-rafale-next-month.html#ixzz25tycSvRv

As even if the deal is signed next year (2013) the original RFP stipulated as a key requirement that the first a/c must be delivered within a 36 month time-range and judging by Dassualt statements I'm sure they are going to deliver early. So given a 36 month time-frame at latest we can expect the first Rafale in India having been assembled in France by 2016. Maybe the journo misunderstood (highly likely let's be honest) and the IAF officer was reffering to when HAL will first start delivering Rafales made from knock-down kits in India.

Idhar Chalaa Main Udhar Chalaa,
Jaane KahaaN Main Kidhar Chalaa
Arrey Phisal Gayaa.....................................:tongue:

.......................Ye Maine Kyaa Kiyaa

Arey Benny bhai,kya chal raha hai,sorry I was about to reply in D.F.I,Bt i think u r bannd there and here am not allowed to PM due to some access problem. let me know where I can catch you ? :D
Regards
Pandora

aby toh sign kardo..

People grew old, got married and had kids and this deal is still in negotiation stage.

Nice picture you posted.

My favorite part is that comparison part on bottom left. :D

Arey Benny bhai,kya chal raha hai,sorry I was about to reply in D.F.I,Bt i think u r bannd there and here am not allowed to PM due to some access problem. let me know where I can catch you ? :D
Regards
Pandora

Good to see you.. I was going through ur blog.. the detailing about artillary was a great read.

Yup im banned in D.FI .. they think im an alien and a secret agent.:smokin:

There are lot of places to get connected to.. You can PM me even here....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom