What's new

India to induct Northrop Grumman developed MQ-8 Fire Scout

palash_kol

Reaction score
Government of India has requested Government of United states of America for possible sale of Northrop Grumman developed MQ-8 Fire Scout through foreign military sale (FMS) .

MQ-8 Fire Scout to support Indian army in counter insurgency operation in various parts of India , and it also be inducted into Indian navy for sea based patrolling from Naval Ships .

Indian Navy plans to use them for checking smuggling , Pirates and illegal fishing in Indian territorial waters ,while Indian army will use them to provide accurate reconnaissance, situational awareness, and precision targeting support.

MQ-8 Fire Scout has been already inducted in Us army and Us Navy and if the deal goes through India will be first export customer for MQ-8 Fire Scout .

MQ-8 Fire Scout features four-blade main rotor with payloads of up to 700 pounds (320 kg) for short-range missions.MQ-8 Fire Scout is equipped with one Rolls-Royce 250 which gives it Max take of weight of 1,430 kg .

MQ-8 Fire Scout can be armed with senors as per user requirements . MQ-8 Fire Scout is vertical takeoff & landing (VTOL) aircraft , and operates just like a mini-helicopter .

Link

AIR_RQ-8A_Fire_Scout_Surveillance_lg.jpg

MQ-8B+helicopter+UAV++DTN+NEWS+-+LOGOS.jpg

its amazing :cheers: but what happen to the Indo Israeli venture ? to build a similar vehicle. :what:

world is slowly moving where drons will replace figher aircrafts and Scout will replace helicopters.....

This seems mostly reconnaissance missions, does not seems to have weapon. I agree that given in recent furtue we are going to fight only insurgent it is important we have technology to fight them.

I am also thinking of having some kind of small robots who can travel and blow few grenades. That way if a terrrorist is hiding in a flat, room etc. We can send this robot and blow the wall and later fix the meeting of that person with God (and 72 virgins)

This seems mostly reconnaissance missions, does not seems to have weapon. I agree that given in recent furtue we are going to fight only insurgent it is important we have technology to fight them.

I am also thinking of having some kind of small robots who can travel and blow few grenades. That way if a terrrorist is hiding in a flat, room etc. We can send this robot and blow the wall and later fix the meeting of that person with God (and 72 virgins)

we already have them

DRDO Daksh

462px-Daksh.JPG

No sir..This can fire rockets and that too with lethal accuracy..

Last edited by a moderator:
what about :
nruavinside4106233.jpg

This is still ON..

Fire scout is mainly for surveillance with a little Firing capability while the HAL-IAI venture will be a heavyweight champion...

ACTUALLY I HAVE READ THIS NEWS FEW WEEKS AGO IN TOI.
CAN'T REMEMBER THE DATE.
THIS IS OLD NEWS.

Its good to go with MQ-8 Fire Scout......But I really wants to see arround 18 MQ-9 Reaper in service...:smitten::smitten:

6 MQ-9 Reaper for IN.....
12 MQ-9 Reaperfor IAF......

What you guys thinks??...:azn:

MQ-9_Afghanistan_takeoff_1_Oct_07.JPG

MQ-9_Reaper_-_090609-F-0000M-777.JPG

reaper.png

uav4tf3.jpg

Last edited:
i think they tried to convert chetak chopper but no news

as per latest reports the programme is going well. first flight next year. it will have much longer range and larger payloads/sensors than fire scout. don't know if it will carry any weapons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom