What's new

India to get most lethal and advance Cluster Bombs from USA

Wrong, because these cluster bombs are not precision guided but simply spread to an area. That means it might hit all targets, or even only half of them and that is the problem. The ammo that didn't hit the target often will be remain dangerous for civilians long after the initial war is over.
In times of precision guided weapons, unmanned aircrafts and vehicles such weapons are not needed anymore and India should move forward and ban them, instead of procuring more.

Each of these uses a parachute to slowly descend and seek out armored vehicles or tanks . If one is spotted, the guidance system maneuvers the submunition towards the vehicle and fires a shaped charge that is basically a bolt of molten metal travelling at high speed which penetrates the top armor of the vehicle damaging the insides. If the submunition radar does not spot a tank or other armored vehicle, it attacks any vehicle within a hundred meters or so. If there are no vehicles, the submunition detonates on the ground.

The same way your are building defense capabilities in occupied tibet or selling flowers to pakistan. :azn:

You've got a point... but let me show you this, a map of Chinese air force bases.

cnmilmap-plaaf.gif

Almost all of them are in the Eastern part of China, it is not India-focused at all.

I had watched it on discovery channel. This bomb showered molten copper and destroyed atleast 32 tanks at one time. Its mechanism is simply unmatchable. Americans have awesome rnd.

official map haan ;);)

No harm in bringing China until its not derogatory .Moreover its obvious isnt it, who it will be used against

Doesnt Pakistan product its own cluster bombs delivered by Mirage and may be by JF17?

While USA is beating the drums of normalizing indo-Pak relations and strategic dialogue with Pakistan the constant sale of advance weaponry to India ensures a dispatriate balance of power as encourage to India for attacking Pakistan under hyped up / false circumstances like mumbai terror drama. This is the two face duplicity of European colonials still prevailing over the world politics.

oh!brother don't worry USA will supply you more advance one than this which we are getting.. This is why USA IS A SOLO SUPERPOWER ,EITHER OF OUR PEOPLE MONEY WILL GOES TO UNKIL SAM POCKET...

good news we need these lethal weapons I think these were used in US shock and awe invasion of Iraq.

i thought cluster bombs are banned in battle fields.:confused:

by the way it can wipe out terrorist training camps in one shot behind LOC.
now i wonder why Iaf bought these..:devil:

i thought cluster bombs are banned in battle fields.:confused:

by the way it can wipe out terrorist training camps in one shot behind LOC.
now i wonder why Iaf bought these..:devil:

You are pretty much correct on that front

However the real reason why India is buying them is becoz our current stock of cluster ammunition comprising some 700 soviet era
bombs which were brought during mid 80s is getting obsolete and will be scraped in 2014 unless used to bust some terror camps

By the way my guess is that it will be just the initial order becoz India tends to place repeat order for allmost all the weapons it purchases
Be it FRIGATES , TANKS , AIR CRAFTS , OR MISSILES

even the Current M777 Howitzer deal has an option for as many as 300 guns , twice the actual contract

Doesnt Pakistan product its own cluster bombs delivered by Mirage and may be by JF17?

While USA is beating the drums of normalizing indo-Pak relations and strategic dialogue with Pakistan the constant sale of advance weaponry to India ensures a dispatriate balance of power as encourage to India for attacking Pakistan under hyped up / false circumstances like mumbai terror drama. This is the two face duplicity of European colonials still prevailing over the world politics.

Why should we care about that as long as we are getting the hi-tech weapons ?

Wrong, because these cluster bombs are not precision guided but simply spread to an area. That means it might hit all targets, or even only half of them and that is the problem. The ammo that didn't hit the target often will be remain dangerous for civilians long after the initial war is over.
In times of precision guided weapons, unmanned aircrafts and vehicles such weapons are not needed anymore and India should move forward and ban them, instead of procuring more.

Sancho, these are not just ordinary cluster bombs.

These are guided cluster bombs which acquire their own target ,guide towards them and explode on them.

IAF Cleared For CBU-105 Sensor-Fused Weapon

U1335P27T1D524424F3DT20081008083707.jpg

The Indian Air Force has been cleared to receive 512 American-built CBU-105 sensor-fuzed munitions worth $257,737,338 more than two years after the Indian government first expressed it interest in procuring the system in September 2008. The IAF will also receive 44 training units. I'd reported on the system being in-principle cleared in March this year, with the final clearance coming in November. Total Buck Rogers weapon.

Livefist - Indian Defence & Aerospace: IAF Cleared For CBU-105 Sensor-Fused Weapon

Back
Top Bottom