What's new

India to deploy commandos in Afghanistan

pakdefender

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The blast that killed 12 persons near the Indian consulate in Jalalabad in Afghanistan early this month has forced India to enhance the security cover of its Embassy and consulates there. Soon 79 more Indo-Tibetan Border Police commandos will guard diplomatic missions in Kabul and other places.

“We are deploying a fresh contingent for security duties at all vital Indian facilities in Afghanistan,” ITBP Director General Ajay Chadha told journalists here. At present, there are 219 ITBP commandos deployed in Afghanistan.

Sources said new inputs of more terror attacks against Indian diplomatic missions in Afghanistan have prompted the government to revisit the security arrangements. Intelligence inputs and recent threat analysis suggest that apart from al-Qaeda and the Pakistan-based Haqqani network, some other Pakistan-based terror groups may target Indian assets.

The fresh ITBP deployment will cater to the main Embassy complex in Kabul, and the consulate offices in Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad, Kandahar and Herat. The paramilitary force commandos guard perimeter security and access control duties at Indian installations, besides being trained in undertaking special rescue operations and VIP security duties in cases of emergency.

Indian missions in Afghanistan to get more commandos - The Hindu

Honestly, I think India should send its army into Afghanistan...

205.jpg

Yes, let India send its army to the Hindu Kush, so it can re-visit its glorious history. :angel:

Funny really, how you Pakistanis consider yourself as some space age drop downs who came into being just yesterday. If you are talking of Hindu Kush, your ancestors too were perhaps , tortured and butchered in the same way. Our land mass then was not so divided then, Miyaan !

Yes, let India send its army to the Hindu Kush, so it can re-visit its glorious history. :angel:

Could not agree more.

Let the hunt begin. The quicker we get rid of them the better.

We must ensure that Afghanistan is not allowed to be used as a means to attack Pakistan nor can we allow the Indians to finance/train our enemies.

Its for security to our embassy... I think every country does it.. probably pakistan too?
btw, in India every armed guard is a commando.. dont take it seriously :devil:

If I am not wrong, Indian forces in AFG havent yet made a kill, I am waiting for the first killing of a Pakistani militant at the hands of an Indian soldier in AFG to see the reaction - Pakistani media, honchos and public might go nuts on it.

If I am not wrong, Indian forces in AFG havent yet made a kill, I am waiting for the first killing of a Pakistani militant at the hands of an Indian soldier in AFG to see the reaction - Pakistani media, honchos and public might go nuts on it.

Not enough to fight the real threat. More Indian troops should be deployed for combat operations in Afghanistan.

Not enough to fight the real threat. More Indian troops should be deployed for combat operations in Afghanistan.

If needed that will also happen.. But the Big question is how Pakistan will counter 3 way threat???

From East India
From North-West : India and Afghanistan
From South-west : Iran (If paksiatn send its troop to kill Shias in Syria)

If needed that will also happen.. But the Big question is how Pakistan will counter 3 way threat???

From East India
From North-West : India and Afghanistan
From South-west : Iran (If paksiatn send its troop to kill Shias in Syria)

Pakistan is not your concern. You should send your troops immediately.

Back
Top Bottom