What's new

India to buy 347 T-90 tanks for Rs 4,900 cr

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the concept of Tank Ex quite interesting where a T72 hull is fitted with a modified Arjun Turret.

Arjun is a good tank, take no offence. But T-90 or Al-Khalid with armours upgrades (which are now being done so in Al-Khalid) is more efficient and cost-effective. If IA really wants Arjun.. it should get it right now (assuming cost is no problem), but it will be too late than already late.

Arjun is a good tank, take no offence. But T-90 or Al-Khalid with armours upgrades (which are now being done so in Al-Khalid) is more efficient and cost-effective. If IA really wants Arjun.. it should get it right now (assuming cost is no problem), but it will be too late than already late.

Well wikipedias Arjun article reports on a Arjun Mk2 and given the relationship with Israel this could be something.

Due to its 120mm rifled gun only Arjun and Tank Ex are capable of firing the LAHAT missile

Webby as far as one can understand T90 or Al Khalid are modern tanks that can be fielded en masse, however I think Arjun will be inducted in limited numbers say about 500 and wil be the lead tank with T90 as backup.

Also as you had mentioned in this thread about how 124 orders wil not have a follow up, I think there will be defeinitely follow orders even if there are not, army will definitely be forced to order as it will not be economically viable to open assembly facility for 124 tanks, if it was so then an assembly line would have never been opened , rather the development would have stopped wit prototypes alone.

Cheers

I concur with this as well. All out Indigenous production is a thing of the past. Given the geo-political situation and the expenses involved in high technology development, even the most industrialized countries are going for joint collaboration. Only the US remains as the dominant go-it-alone player in the high-tech arena. Nobody in UK is losing sleep over the fact that the Typhoon they are flying includes 30% of the parts, subsystems made by the Germans or the French etc. etc. I go back to my point, I have absolutely no problems taking a good design and producing/assembling it in-country if it meets the requirements of the armed forces.

Indian Armed Forces would be better served by DRDO really teaming up instead of letting running a mock on this indigenous effort. Israelis have developed basic systems on their own and with ToT they have improved. Most of the major Israeli programs have had funding from the US or some sort of research collaboration for them to be successful. This is the model to emulate. Not the go it alone one

I concur with you .Indegenous means the capability to design and develop key components rather than building every component by oneself, morover multinational partnerships will be the future for development.

Howver apart from this topic I would like to generally ask, now that DRDO have this obsession towards indegenous thinge, dont you think suddenly if they stop in this process it would be loss as far as we can analyse the cost benifit analysis. Maybe they should start partnershps for future development but shuld stick on with indegenous development process for those projects they started with that mindset.

No mention of any single regiment of Arjun?
Finally this brings an end to the claims of IA ordering 124 Arjuns and chapter closed!

I don't think Arjun will ever be posted in the Chinese border, neither the Pakistani border with mountainous terrain. It is heavy and not fit for it...however it is best suited for the plains in the Indo-Pakistan border....and all 248 MK-1 + MK-2 will be somewhere in Indo-Pak borders of Punjab and Rajasthan.

I don't think Arjun will ever be posted in the Chinese border, neither the Pakistani border with mountainous terrain. It is heavy and not fit for it...however it is best suited for the plains in the Indo-Pakistan border....and all 248 MK-1 + MK-2 will be somewhere in Indo-Pak borders of Punjab and Rajasthan.
Bhai what are doing in 2007 thread:eek::eek::eek::eek:

392vRtO.jpg

Problem solved.

Bhai 2008 ka thread hai,itni khudai kyu kar rahe ho

Even after the TOT, the russian engineers are building it in India only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom