What's new

India to Assemble Russian Ka-226T Helicopters in India.

We do the same for Flankers and Mig 29s of Bangladesh, or Malaysia.

When has any defence eqipment from Bangladesh been sent to India for maintenance or any other reason? All our equipment, the little that we do have is Chinese which are maintained in Bangladesh, and the rest which are Russian is sent to Russia for upgrades. By policy we never send equipment to India, nor buy defence related equipment from India.

When has any defence eqipment from Bangladesh been sent to India for maintenance or any other reason? All our equipment, the little that we do have is Chinese which are maintained in Bangladesh, and the rest which are Russian is sent to Russia for upgrades. By policy we never send equipment to India, nor buy defence related equipment from India.

It was offered (I think last year) for the modernisation of Mig 29s and Russian helicopters, since we have the necessary facilities, same for Malaysian Mig 29s and Su 30s. Sending them to Russia is obviously costlier and takes longer than doing it in India and Russia is diverting their these things to India, at least for the south Asian region.

It was offered (I think last year) for the modernisation of Mig 29s and Russian helicopters, since we have the necessary facilities, same for Malaysian Mig 29s and Su 30s. Sending them to Russia is obviously costlier and takes longer than doing it in India and Russia is diverting their these things to India, at least for the south Asian region.

Yes an offer was made, but as I said no gov in Bangladesh can afford to go against the armed forces policy of not buying or maintenance contact with India. That's why, the migs were sent to Russia to be upgraded to SMT standard.

Malaysian sukhois were sent to India for servicing by Hal though.

Bangladesh Defence

India Offers Upgrade Bangladeshi MiG-29 Jet and Mi-17 helicopters ~ ASIAN DEFENCE

I don't know if the offer was followed through though.

Oh and stop calling this heli ugly, it's utilitarian, for around 3 million USD I think it's a good deal for what it does. It may not suit indian requirements as such, but that don't mean it's a crap heli.

Back
Top Bottom