What's new

India third largest economy by 2028: CEBR

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is migration from eastern EU, but here in this case the forecast was based on UK being a talent magnet. I guess apart from US, the next best destination is UK for high talent. Also English gives UK a natural advantage over Germany in attracting top talent across the world.

As regarding PISA, you cannot pick a small sample and extrapolate that to whole country, because those samples are unscientific and biased. You can Google on PISA for more information or go through some of the post made by @INDIC or @JayAtl

It has great telecommunication and petrochemical industry too.

Hi there. I saw several reports and commentaries on TV regarding this report and the "talent magnet" issue is overstated and even sensationalised. Yes, the UK does attract talent e.g. Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov, but the numbers aren't great enough to warrant a rise in growth that can pass the Germans. The main real reason for this is that the UK competes in a global economy and that also includes other nations also scouting for such talent. For example the bulk of Chinese STEM graduates go back to China. In a nutshell if you are talented the world is your oyster. The UK also does not pay a great deal of attention to growth multiplier industries such as engineering, and you will often find many of our home grown graduates going elsewhere, and yes that includes Germany. The prime minister himself has also talked about the need for restructuring the economy and weaning it away from the great reliance it has on services and other "non tangible" sectors.

As for PISA, I agree with the whole one size does not fit all policy. But the tests are credible and caused an uproar here in the UK, after the nation's poor showing. You also have the very best a nation has to offer against those from other states.

Your statement would hold water if India came in top, but not when India came in 2nd last.

PISA is administered by OECD, not China. Have a brain!!!
If you want to take about tampering statistics, India beat China in scams and corruption index.

Regardless of 'results' one can say whether a test is useless or not? Indians authorities reviewed test and felt useless. India has much much tougher tests :lol:

PISA is 'conducted' by OECD and sample is selected by China.

I think you are being a little harsh on India and this coming from someone who regularly argues with Indians.

India's pharmaceutical exports are now at near 15 billion dollars a year and has been growing at 24% a year for the last 4 years.

By 2030, India should be an established player in the world-wide pharmaceutical industry.

not harsh at all, particularly when talking about pharmaceuticals.

India has ZERO law or rule on pharmaceuticals, do you understand what does it mean?

It doesn't matter how big the current market caps are of thise Indian compnaies or their growth rates, because they own close to ZERO intellectual property right and they barely have any R&D investments. ( the only "R&D"is about purchasing a pack of new drug in the market for 20 bucks, then take home to analise what's in it - quite easy thing for any. Then make 1 ton of it in a home-factory, then sell it domestically and smuggle them to the black markets of other 3rd world places - Indian pharmaceuticals' exact "growth Model" btw).

Int'l drug compnaies let India copy purely due to humanitarian reasons. You know what does that mean?

it means that the world feels pity about India, like a passeby pity a beggar and allows him to scavenge some leftovers.

Do beggars calculate their "market cap"or "growth rates"?

Sorry no, because whenever the world says enough is enough ( i.e. the passerbys stop giving beggars any money due to variety of reasons, e.g. both EU and US are in economic downhill now), these Indian companies will all go bust, or forced to pay $ for $ for what they previously take for free.

Bullsh!t. So-called migration from teh east block is by and large low end min. wage earners, many depending on govt doll.

With Indians from India being the single largest immigrant group currently in the UK, UK's national average IQ will be considerablely lower in 2028, guaranteed! Germany? :rofl: UK would be lucky to beat Italy in 2028. By the way, by and large italy is still full of Italians, who has higher avg IQ than even Today's UK.

Pure rubbish! This PISA ranking , like any other standardised test such as SAT or TIMSS, is highly correlated to national IQ. OECD sample designers are highly professional statiscians. Theranking wouldn't be like this if those samples were baised.

Now you cannot put a coherent arguments kid...why argue? You ramble with statements that have no connections with the thread. The only thing I get is how great the Chinese IQ is :lol:. I bet you to write a coherent post without the word 'IQ', then I will agree that Chinese are high IQ species :lol:

Regardless of 'results' one can say whether a test is useless or not? Indians authorities reviewed test and felt useless. India has much much tougher tests :lol:

PISA is 'conducted' by OECD and sample is selected by China.

Indian intellectual prowess strikes again! India has tougher test yet India came in 2nd last in PISA? India has tougher test yet none of India university ranked in top 200. :omghaha:

Now go eat you own words. PISA officials administrated the test in every country.
About PISA - Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development

Spare a thought for India, stop embarrassing your country further, even if you're hell bent on humiliating yourself.

Last edited:
Hi there. I saw several reports and commentaries on TV regarding this report and the "talent magnet" issue is overstated and even sensationalised. Yes, the UK does attract talent e.g. Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov, but the numbers aren't great enough to warrant a rise in growth that can pass the Germans. The main real reason for this is that the UK competes in a global economy and that also includes other nations also scouting for such talent. For example the bulk of Chinese STEM graduates go back to China. In a nutshell if you are talented the world is your oyster. The UK also does not pay a great deal of attention to growth multiplier industries such as engineering, and you will often find many of our home grown graduates going elsewhere, and yes that includes Germany. The prime minister himself has also talked about the need for restructuring the economy and weaning it away from the great reliance it has on services and other "non tangible" sectors.

As for PISA, I agree with the whole one size does not fit all policy. But the tests are credible and caused an uproar here in the UK, after the nation's poor showing. You also have the very best a nation has to offer against those from other states.

Yes, you are right in saying that if you compare UK to Germany, Germany has much better engineering. But UK has its own share of top companies such as GSK, Vodafone, Shell and BP.

I know for sure, majority of Chinese would like to stay back in UK or US once they complete their education. The Chinese who go back to China are those who cannot get jobs in west. Yes, if you are talented than world is your oyster, but US and some extant UK have always attached top talent.

In UK there is uproar on PISA, because UK is a democratic country and anyone can raise an issue to cause an uproar. Just because you have a uproar doesn't mean that the cause is right.

Indian intellectual prowess strikes again! India has tougher test yet India came in 2nd last in PISA? India has tougher test yet none of India university ranked in top 200. :omghaha:

Now go eat you own words. PISA officials administrated the test in every country.
http://www.oecd.org/pisa/aboutpisa/pisafaq.htm

Spare a thought for India, stop embarrassing your country even if you're are hell bent on humiliating yourself.

First, the page you are pointing is not working. What is there on the page that I will eat my words :lol:? Second as I said, PISA is useless hence India withdrew. I guess there is already a statement regarding uselessness of PISA by some Indian Education Official.

Another typical Indian lie.

As I said before check the details before you post. For god sake there is GOOGLE. Do you always write dumb?

First, the page you are pointing is not working. What is there on the page that I will eat my words :lol:? Second as I said, PISA is useless hence India withdrew. I guess there is already a statement regarding uselessness of PISA by some Indian Education Official.

As I said before check the details before you post. For god sake there is GOOGLE. Do you always write dumb?

Who are you or any indian official to say PISA is useless when it is endorsed by OECD????

About PISA - Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development

Logic and reasoning, facts and figures don't apply to Indians! Richard Lynn was right!

That is how democracies work. We question everything. :lol:

Just because OECD endorses something that doesn't make that something useful.

Democracy is a model of governance. Anyone who is not brain dead and mute can ask a question. Governance model and one's intellect are independent of each other. PISA test score doesn't lie.

OECD statement carries more weight than any random dimwitted indian here in PDF.:rofl:

Democracy is a model of governance. Anyone who is not brain dead and mute can ask a question. Governance model and one's intellect are independent of each other. PISA test score doesn't lie.

OECD statement carries more weight than any random dimwitted indian here in PDF.:rofl:

Any dimwit can ask questions. But in democracies one can question the authority. For example I can question the government or take it to the law of court.

OECD has no validity in India. Why is it hard for you to understand. We have our own tests.

Any dimwit can ask questions. But in democracies one can question the authority. For example I can question the government or take it to the law of court.

OECD has no validity in India. Why is it hard for you to understand. We have our own tests.

Governance model and asking question are totally independent. So is judicial functional! PISA test score doesn't lie :omghaha:

India came in second last in PISA that is your only validity. Fact is fact!

Cebr, the economic consultancy which wrote this pile of human excrement also believes in Santa Claus and Tooth Fairy.

UK to surpass Germany?
India to be the 3rd?

Cebr should change its business to comedy writing.

I think you are being a little harsh on India and this coming from someone who regularly argues with Indians.

India's pharmaceutical exports are now at near 15 billion dollars a year and has been growing at 24% a year for the last 4 years.

By 2030, India should be an established player in the world-wide pharmaceutical industry.

Dude he's a troll, don't feed him.

^^^^

"Quantum" - mostincorrectly used word by those attempting to sound intelligent.

"quantum" - most incorrectly used word by dumb people trying to sound intelligent.

Looking at Markit desktop, both ICICI and HDFC have a single-B (as of 25Dec13) implied credit rating. Basically junk credit for a bank. Yeah, "doing extremely well". More Indian BS.

Why you goddamn monkey. ICICI and HDFC are doing well. No one cares about your 'B". They can raise funds whenever they want and wherever they want. Idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom