What's new

India Supporting Taliban-US Intel Official

Its obvious India is causing trouble for Pakistan in this war.

People need to really learn the Indian-Pakistani history and think why India was so eager to make its prescence in Afghanistan when Pakistan started fighting this War on Terror.

US needs to do something quick about India or we are never going to win this war.
Dear Omar

Pakistan's big trouble is matching up to India. Whereas their economy and size is more in sync with Bangladesh, Nepal or Sri Lanka for that matter, possibly worse off even. They tend to play up well above the league. They've done a good job of it so far. Many elements in the US SD sucked up to it, including Presidents like Nixon and 'war criminals' like Kissinger. Thats however another story.

I read a report on Musharaff (2 yrs. back) stating that the Pakistani civilian space programme is some 30 months ahead of India's because they leased some satellite in Geostat orbit and called it PaKsat1.

The Pakistani establishment has stopped understanding the importance of hard work. Instead they play up a 'blackmail' psychology. Reason being located in geographically a strategic location etc. US and China have found this really fertile soil to confine India to an Island status and propped up Pakistan as a nation that can cause significant damage to India despite the fact it's economy will collapse to levels worse than possibly Maldives if all that aid and money flow disappears. India has to shrug, sigh and deal with that for some time. But the disparity is much too obvious.

Meanwhile Pakistani psychology is to induce more investment tinto it's country by virtue of making it actually the mother of all fears. This has been happening for long. Putting the gun to it's head. It's one thing going on the net and saying who can pee further or whose dang is longer and drags along the ground etc, but when it means actually screwing yourself, I don't think anyone beat doing a self goal as well as Islamabad.

Yet all they need to do is get realistic and humble. 2 simple human traits. They are unable to get that together. Americans are only realizing today in stunned disclosures, what India has been harping 4 decades or more is correct. But then I say take your time to realize the truth. Also investigate your system, why the truth took so long to emerge. Rectify the systems that allowed it not to emerge.

Meanwhile the least Pakistan's national system can do is to realize they are a problem. Not just to India as they have been in the past, but to the world at large !!!

Dude what is Taliban? Its a bunch of warlords. What were the Northern Alliance? A bunch of warlords. Why did India support the NA warlords? Because they were fighting against the warlords supported by Pakistan. Now India will support the warlords fighting Pakistan, simple as that.

They don't need a treaty signed with each other to give this support. They can just walk upto a warlord over for chai and get the job done.

Taliban might be bunch of warlords but cant be compared to the NA, then the war was for control of land. With taliban, it has become a war between the primitive and contemporary.

Well to align India with Taliban is absolute rubbish. India might have ** consulates, but that neednt be to support TTP. BLA and TTP are two seperate entites fighting for two entirely different purposes.

US is no fool to see its soldiers getting killed by Indian aid. The fact that US is reluctant to ban BLA, might mean India is providing aid to BLA.

"US and China have found this really fertile soil to confine India to an Island status..."

You received your first thanks from me and "Putting the gun to it's head..." is certainly compelling imagery. Still, your slam-bang entry might lack a wee tad of decorum and, reference the above comment, merits some linkage to a policy paper, historical treatise, etc. from some reputable sources to confirm this confluence of policy...

...because I don't believe a word of it. As you've said-

"...truth is always bitter !!!"

The bitter truth here is that U.S. and Chinese foreign policy has historically remained so dis-connected in so many respects to preclude such a joint strategy even if viewed as a common desire.

Nothing I've seen since I began watching the PRC in 1971 has indicated such. I'll view your links with detailed interest.

Thanks.

BLA-

BLA Profile- START DHS/Univ. of Maryland

This is a DHS website that will clarify our current views. It will also indicate those of Great Britain, Australia, Canada, the EU and Russia WRT the BLA. I'm not sure our views are that out of line with those of others.
The only thing your views illustrate is the duplicity of the West.

Two Punjabis shot dead in Quetta​

Staff Report

QUETTA: Two men of Punjabi origin were shot dead in a targeted killing on Sariab Road in Quetta on Saturday afternoon, police said.

The Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) claimed responsibility for the killings.

Police said masked motorcyclists opened fire on the two Punjabi-speaking citizens at around 1pm. The two men, who had stopped at a petrol station to refuel their vehicle, were killed on the spot. They were identified as Muhammad Farooq and Shahzad Ahmed, both residents of Rahim Yar Khan district of Punjab. BLA spokesman Bibarg Baloch told Daily Times that the men were killed in reaction to the “ongoing genocide of the Baloch people by the Pakistan Army”.

He said the BLA had formally asked all ‘Punjabi citizens’ to leave Balochistan or face the consequences.

“Those who followed our warnings have already left, but those who refuse to quit Balochistan will be targeted in the future,” he warned. The police said both men, aged between 35 to 40 years, were visiting Balochistan from Punjab and were killed when they were on their way back home.

However, the BLA spokesman claimed the two men were intelligence agents.
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Incidents like these are rampant, yet they are excused as 'an organization struggling for Baloch rights'. "struggling for Kashmir rights' hasn't stopped the US or West from designating Kashmiri groups 'terrorist organizations'. The reason here is simple, you have left yourself plausible deniability in turning a blind eye to Indian support for terrorism, since the organizations being supported are not officially designated 'terrorist'. Its a sham and you know it.

I think Bearden's comments here are general in nature but illustrate that ANY Indian activity in Afghanistan would be unacceptable given an "anxious" Pakistani climate. I found, therefore, Halaku Khan's response very appropriate-
Bearden's comments, along with those of people like Rubin/Rashid and Reidel, fall into the category of muted criticism in line with official US policy. All of the above have argued for more transparency in Indian operations in Afghanistan, were Indian efforts so 'altruistic' transparency woudl not be necessary.

There words take on a different implication than the one you outlined when seen in the light of US intel. officials also pointing out Indian support for terrorism in Pakistan through Afghanistan.
Seems that portion is how the game should be played, wouldn't you agree?
Nothing wrong with that portion of the game - there is something wrong with support for terrorism in both the North West and Baluchistan as is now abundantly clear.

India chose to support the NA warlords against Pakistan, she waged a proxy war in East Pakistan and she assisted Kabul in its Pashtunistan adventures, so clearly 'Indian altruism' does no preclude a cold blooded pursuit of weakening Pakistan through proxy and terrorism, as she has done through history and is doing now.

US duplicity is where it has chosen to highlight the 'altruism' alone, while ignoring the support fro terrorism.
Pakistan could do with a more visible presence in Afghanistan as well. My understanding is that your President and Karzai get along quite well as compared to, say, Musharraf. It needs exploitation.
Pakistan has a presence proportional to the resources it can afford to put there.

There's a lot of back n' forth here but nothing's changed my essential views that Pakistan now suffers from a long and continuing history embracing proxy warfare.

This thread isn't about 'Pakistan's long and continuing history', it as about, now clearly evident, India's support for terrorism in Pakistan, in the North West and Baluchistan.

And since you get selective amnesia when it comes to India's own 'long and continuing history of embracing proxy warfare' - The Baluch militant movements, the East Pakistan proxies, the support for the Northern Alliance warlords, and now proxies in North West Pakistan as well, are all part of 'India's long and continuing history of embracing proxy warfare'. You cannot be credible if you continue to resort to one sided diatribes pointing out Pakistan's flaws alone.

The article I posted summed it up well through that statement attributed to a PA officer in conference with US mil. Officials, “not to distinguish between a terrorist for the United States and Afghanistan and a terrorist for Pakistan”.

Your failure to do so mirrors the failure at the State level by the US as well, and it has contributed significantly to the trust deficit and Pakistan being forced to keep options open vis vis Indian intentions in Pakistan.

You may have a problem between Mehsud and the Afghan Nat'l Directorate of Intelligence. I don't know but wouldn't be the least surprised. So too with India- but not from Afghanistan. Too difficult and too many prying eyes when it's otherwise too easy to move money and expertise by other means and through other routes.
You don't have eyes everywhere, and least of all control, if you did you wouldn't still be struggling with an insurgency. The Indians are assisted in their support for terrorism in that your resources are just not out looking for them, and the fact that they are not utilizing large scale infrastructure on the ground.

Whatever their transit country, their support for terrorism in Pakistan has to be routed through Afghanistan to be significant - no other avenue is feasible.

Last edited:
I wrote you a long reply and junked it.

Find proof and lots of it. Everybody else has been doing so on you for years. The narrative is grossly weighed against you.

Riedel is directing the policy review. If he's really on board with your thoughts then real proof should sway him. If not, I guess you're SOL.

Oh...nothing is abundantly clear just because you love your unattributed sources. How many is that? Five? Bearden and Riedel are smart guys. If they know tangible and relevant information, I'm honestly surprised with all they've said that specificity is missing on this issue.

My thoughts.

in FATA, the FC once arrested hindi speaking men who were found with detonators, maps, names of political agents and pistol cartridges......

as is customary for arresting dangerous suspects, they were strip searched......apparently they were non-circumsized meaning they were hindus. They also had fake documents

its amazing that our media wastes time on aitzaz hassan and other stupid matters, but fails to reports incidents like these

its amazing that our president and his 80 member convoys spend crores on travelling the world, but dont delegate any of it to build stronger lobby groups in USA and EU.

f*ck this shıt......

all Pakistanis should be on red alert and weed out these RAW spies......forget rules of engagement, forget freedom of speech --forget all that garbage until things calm down.

if there were a coup tomorrow, i would distribute sweets and meat

one year in office, and i heard zardari is back to his old ways......pocketing cash and not giving a damn for the holy motherland.

I wrote you a long reply and junked it.

Find proof and lots of it. Everybody else has been doing so on you for years. The narrative is grossly weighed against you.

Riedel is directing the policy review. If he's really on board with your thoughts then real proof should sway him. If not, I guess you're SOL.

Oh...nothing is abundantly clear just because you love your unattributed sources. How many is that? Five? Bearden and Riedel are smart guys. If they know tangible and relevant information, I'm honestly surprised with all they've said that specificity is missing on this issue.

My thoughts.

They are all smart guys, and they are all patriotic Americans. They will not contradict official US policy and interests given the weight their words carry.

Just becasue the references posted don't match up to your line of thinking does not mean they are invalid. I have clearly pointed to where US behaviour has been duplicitous, these concerns have been ostensibly directly conveyed to you Military leadership, with no movement.

The US may choose to continue with this duplicitous behavior, and yes we indeed will be SOL on that count, but that is no reason to not point out that duplicitous behaviour.

You have no grounds to be critical of Pakistan support for any proxy given your nations own acquiescence to Indian support for terrorism in Pakistan, even if we limit it to Baluchistan alone.

Clear you mind that muslims are just like one body ,where ever there is muslim need justice or help all muslims should help them.
This is a much bandied about phrase which is not grounded in reality. Today's geopolitical landscape is much more complicated than it was in the age of the Caliphs. There is little unity even among Arab nations, let alone the entire Muslim world. Case in point: there was much reluctance among Arab nations even on attending a summit regarding the recent Gaza attacks. In fact Chavez put Muslim countries to shame when he expelled the Israeli ambassador. What did Muslim nations do, apart from clucking and shaking their heads?

But Hindu government killing muslims in kashmir worried about muslims in Afghan looks funny:lol:
GoI is not a Hindu gov't. It is a secular gov't and India is a secular state. GoI is not "worried" about Afghans. GoI's Afghan strategy is directly linked to India's security and integrity.

What is GoI's goal in Afghanistan? Preventing Afghanistan from being a fertile training ground and launching pad for attacks against Indian interests, in Kashmir and elsewhere.
Case in point: December 1999 hijacking of Indian Airlines IC814 to Kandahar.
Outcome:
- GoI forced to release Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh, Maulana Masood Azhar, Mushtaq Ahmed Zargar
- Taliban offers safe passage to all hijackers to Pakistan

Impact:
Maulana Masood Azhar: planned and executed the Jaish-e-Mohammed attack on Indian Parliament in 2001, and is also suspected of involvement in Mumbai attacks
Mushtaq Ahmed Zargar: went on to train militants for Kashmir at Al-Umar Mujahideen in Muzaffarabad
Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh: we all know what this guy did, do we not?

So all the aid and assistance that GoI provides to Afghanistan is to prevent incidents like the above from occuring, by ensuring that a hostile Taliban regime that threatens India's security does not return to power in Kabul.

We know your dreams very well but they will remain dreams:smitten:
As the above narrative indicates, the threats are real and so is GoI response. India is in a dodgy neighborhood and cannot afford to dream.

Last edited:
No offense but, bwahahahaha.

India has a lot of charades in Afghanistan and the road building missions are one of them. You don't need 32 consulates to build roads. How many missions does America have in Afghanistan? And its fighting a full scale war in Afghanistan.

India needs consulates to get immunity from inspections from America. America is too sheep to do anything about those terrorist camps and can't be bothered into opening another front in Afghanistan. But Americans too will realize in the years to come that Afghanistan requires a complete fix, not a mend here n there.

That's a good point about the 32 consulates. One doesn't need that many in a war torn country. They sound like terrorist havens that can't be scrutinized.

Zaheerkhan said:
Goddd... India supported Northern Alliance for decades and helped them to overthrow Taliban in Afghanistan...Now, after striving for so many years to destroy Taliban, now, why would India want to support Taliban..Taliban is a proxey if Pakistan...and now, the chicken are coming home to Roost..

This is really naive.

The Afghani Taliban and the Pakistani Taliban are different. India has every reason to support the Pakistani Taliban in order to wage its proxy terrorist war on Pakistan from West. This is confirmed by US intel reports to the extent that it seems India is exporting this terrorism from the safety of the 32 Indian consulates, or terrorist havens, it has in Afghanistan. No country needs 32 consulates in a country the size and standing of Afghanistan.

As for the Afghani Taliban, just because India did not support them before does not mean it has no reason to support them now. Alliances come and go very quickly in Afghanistan. It depends on where your interests lie. For example,India may want an increase in the US cannon fodder in Afghanistan, and therefore be covertly supplying the enemy in order to achieve this. It may be actively seeking to tip the US. There are many possibilities,but one underlying result: India is supplying the Taliban, both Afghani and Pakistani, for some reason or other.

The US may choose to continue with this duplicitous behavior, and yes we indeed will be SOL on that count, but that is no reason to not point out that duplicitous behaviour.

Well, Holbrooke's appointment presents an excellent opportunity for GoP to present its case. The protocol followed could be roughly along the lines of the Mumbai case:
- Collect and process evidence of Indian planning, support of TTP/Taliban/other-groups clearly listing names, nationalities, photos of arrested and wanted suspects
- File an FIR with FIA or appropriate Pakistani agency
- Create a dossier presenting the facts and findings, clearly mentioning adverse impact of Indian support of Taliban/other-groups on WoT
- Present the dossier to Holbrooke, Clinton and senior US cabinet members
- Brief Pakistani diplomats and mount a international diplomatic offensive with the dossier as supporting evidence
- Ask US for FBI/NSA/CIA assistance in collecting more in-depth evidence like call intercepts, surveillance of Indian missions, etc.

In short, if Indian involvement in supporting Taliban is such a big deal, GoP should demonstrate the WILL and COURAGE to counteract it. Anything short of that is plain sensational journalism and will serve no purpose.

...This is confirmed by US intel reports to the extent that it seems India is exporting this terrorism from the safety of the 32 Indian consulates, or terrorist havens, it has in Afghanistan. No country needs 32 consulates in a country the size and standing of Afghanistan.

Below are details on the official 5 Indian missions, can someone post details of the remaining 27 please?

Embassy of India, Kabul
Malalai Watt, Shahre-Nau,
Kabul, Afghanistan.
Telephone: 00-873-763095560
Fax: 00-873-763095561
Email: embassy@indembassy-kabul.com
Web : meakabul.nic.in
Ambassador Jayant Prasad
Counsellor Akhilesh Mishra

Consulate General of India, Mazar-e-Sharif
Mazar-e-Sharif,
Afghanistan
Telephone: 00-873-763095867
Fax: 00-873-763095858
Consul General Sham K. Mudgil

Consulate General of India, Herat
Amerial Cross Road, Near Ab
Bakhsh Badmerghan, Herat
Country code 0093; Area Code : 040
Telephone: 00-93-40-221145 Sattellite Mob:008 737 6309 5871
Fax: 00-93-40-250032 Satellite Fax 008 737 6309 5872
Email: cgiherat@yahoo.co.in, cgi_herat@yahoo.co.in & hoc.herat@mea.gov.in
Consul General Sanjeev Khanduri
Consul Niraj Tiwari

Consulate General of India, Kandhar
Kandhar, Afghanistan
Telephone: 00-873-763095996
Fax: 00-873-763095995
Consul General D.V. Singh
Consul Manohar Ganesh

Consulate General of India, Jalalabad
Jalalabad, Afghanistan
Telephone: 00-873-763096146
Fax: 00-873-763096147
Consul General R.Sukumaran
Consul R.K. Sharma

I can not understand what the big deal is.....off course india is supporting the terrorist in FATA.
People must be living in daydream land if they think that india is not fully involved in the terrorist attacks in pakistan.

Below are details on the official 5 Indian missions, can someone post details of the remaining 27 please?

Even if you went by those alone, India still has the highest number of consulates on that page. USA needs just one. Pakistan you can understand.

But that's just that page. There's official and unoffical consulates, many of them along the Afghan-Pak border.

"Islamabad has on its part has been expressing its concerns over the location of six Indian consulates in cities along the Pakistan border, and of Indian military assistance to the Afghan authorities for the building of the Afghan national army."
http://www.silkroadstudies.org/new/docs/CEF/Quarterly/May_2006/Zeb.pdf

There's also the Indian Embassy in Zahidan which was caught exporting terrorism to the area of Balochistan and NWFP last year by providing agents and supplies for terrorists operating within the region.

I can not understand what the big deal is.....off course india is supporting the terrorist in FATA.
People must be living in daydream land if they think that india is not fully involved in the terrorist attacks in pakistan.

The big deal is that Pakistan protestations over the last year have been proved correct. India has been exporting terrorism to Pakistan (and Afghanistan), most likely through this consulate strategy which provide the breeding grounds for terrorist activity within the region.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom