What's new

India successfully tests Nirbhay cruise missile

So by that logic Brahmos has both Tercom and DSMAC, so Nirbhay has both these systems from the get go.

If you want to assume that it was tested without Tercom and DSMAC, your wish. You can only bring a horse to the water, you cannot make it drink it.

So do you have any proof or a report which says it was tested with TERCOM and DSMAC?

And btw do you even know What Tercom and DSMAC is used for? And Does Brahmos goes in to Terrain Hugging mode? If yes than there is a logical explanation it requires TERCOM and DSMAC, If not then why are you wasting tercom in Brahmos when it didnt even go in to terrain huggin ?

If Yes then you would not have posted this gibberish

If not, then I advise you to read some material and difference b/w Sub-sonic and Super-Sonic cruise missiles and Why super sonic cruise missiles don;t need terrain hugging and Why Sub sonic needs terrain hugging and to achieve terrain hugging which navigation is used for it.

I'm not talking about the antenna, re-read my post once again. I'm talking about the stuff behind the antenaa

I know what you are talking about I'm telling you that's not an issue, as I ALREADY posted the pics of the miniaturized equipment that'll be used in Nirbhay. You talked about the microprocessor and the antenna, which AGAIN THE PICTURES AND INFO ARE ALREADY there, which are minaturised.

You are basically assuming its impossible because it LOOKS BIG. Its basically joining the subsystems that remains, miniaturizing is not an issue or is probably done as of now.

I know what you are talking about I'm telling you that's not an issue, as I ALREADY posted the pics of the miniaturized equipment that'll be used in Nirbhay. You talked about the microprocessor and the antenna, which AGAIN THE PICTURES AND INFO ARE ALREADY there, which are minaturised.

You are basically assuming its impossible because it LOOKS BIG. Its basically joining the subsystems that remains, miniaturizing is not an issue or is probably done as of now.

, My assumptions are based on the Block IV tomahwk seeker program. The time it takes them to test the seeker to operationalizing it is two years 2013-2015. Here read some links of their testing procedure and timeframe of operationalizing the seeker

Navy Weighs Speeding up Tomahawk Modernization | DoD Buzz

Raytheon Testing New Seeker For Tomahawk | Defense Daily Network

Raytheon Company : Investor Relations : News Release

Despite having an active seeker, My assumptions is it would take india atleast 2 years if it wants to put and operationalize the seeker. So what I'm seeing is a 5-7 year of development cycle of Nirbhay.

So do you have any proof or a report which says it was tested with TERCOM and DSMAC?
Do you have any proof or report which says that Raad test of 2009 used Tercom?
And btw do you even know What Tercom and DSMAC is used for?
Yes I know about it abundantly, its you who needs to read kid.

And Does Brahmos goes in to Terrain Hugging mode
Yes it does you moron, google for links, so your stupid claim of supersonic missiles not requiring Terrain hugging falls on its ***. Since it requires Tercom and DSMAC, it came with these systems, and by you using your logic about Babur and Raad, it can also be assumed that Nirbhay was tested with Tercom and DSMAC. So stop posting gibberish and actually learning something for once.

Further Augmenting shaheen missile argument. He raised an important point. Inherent weakness of TERCOM was exposed in First gulf war, When missile couldn't differentiate the flat desert land. America had to re route the missiles through kurdish Mountainous region and a similar case occured in second gulf war as well. Nobody gave me an answer about engine and navigation. I would assume it was tested without TERCOM adn DSMAC and engine was of russian origin

first test of Nirbhay is pretty similar to Babur where it was tested without DSMAC and TERCOM.

Coming to question- The engine is Indian made
Nirbhay%2Bcruise%2Bmissile%27s%2B2nd%2Btest-firing%2Bon%2BOctober%2B17%2C%2B2014.jpg

And in a reply about TERCOM from Prasun Sengupta is this

"Coming to TERCOM & DCMAC application, the sensor used is an RF-based sensor, not IR & that’s why one never sees an IR aperture-mounting on the noses of such cruise missiles. Only those missiles with man-in-the-loop guidance like Taurus KEPD-350, Delilah, Popeye & Spice-1000/2000 have visible IR apertures mounted on the nose."

@bloo
Raytheon is planning an active seeker test with the new processor inside a Tomahawk nosecone early next year

Appaently the active seeker is fitted in the nosecon of tomahawk. Are you certain yours seeker can be fitted in to nose ?

Yes it does you moron, google for links, so your stupid claim of supersonic missiles not requiring Terrain hugging falls on its ***. Since it requires Tercom and DSMAC, it came with these systems, and by you using your logic about Babur and Raad, it can also be assumed that Nirbhay was tested with Tercom and DSMAC. So stop posting gibberish and actually learning something for once.

Don't you have manners to debate propelry?

Prove it with proper links that Brahmos uses tercom and DSMAC sans that BS trishul blog.

Yes, Our Official ISPR notification which says it used TERCOM and DSMAC. I hope you can show me the Official notification where it says Nirbhay used those nav

So is there any official notification which said TERCOM, DSMAC was used by Nirbhay?

Coming to question- The engine is Indian made
Nirbhay%2Bcruise%2Bmissile%27s%2B2nd%2Btest-firing%2Bon%2BOctober%2B17%2C%2B2014.jpg

And in a reply about TERCOM from Prasun Sengupta is this

"Coming to TERCOM & DCMAC application, the sensor used is an RF-based sensor, not IR & that’s why one never sees an IR aperture-mounting on the noses of such cruise missiles. Only those missiles with man-in-the-loop guidance like Taurus KEPD-350, Delilah, Popeye & Spice-1000/2000 have visible IR apertures mounted on the nose."

Brahmos Land attack version does uses Tercom. Let's see When nirbhay would use it.

Last edited:
, My assumptions are based on the Block IV tomahwk seeker program. The time it takes them to test the seeker to operationalizing it is two years 2013-2015. Here read some links of their testing procedure and timeframe of operationalizing the seeker

Navy Weighs Speeding up Tomahawk Modernization | DoD Buzz

Raytheon Testing New Seeker For Tomahawk | Defense Daily Network

Raytheon Company : Investor Relations : News Release

Despite having an active seeker, My assumptions is it would take india atleast 2 years if it wants to put and operationalize the seeker. So what I'm seeing is a 5-7 year of development cycle of Nirbhay.

I think you are underestimating DRDO a bit too much,they may suck at almost everything else but missiles are something they don't suck at.
There is no use comparing Tomahawk to Nirbhay. The Americans are too far off, Raytheon seekers are very advanced, using both active and passive. India will hardly go for that, maybe in the subsequent mark versions but as of now 2016-17 being the goal does not look unrealistic.

@bloo

Appaently the active seeker is fitted in the nosecon of tomahawk. Are you certain yours seeker can be fitted in to nose ?

Why not?
The diameter of Nirbhay is around .52m and the micro strip patch was around 235mm so yes.

Last edited:
@bloo

Prove it with proper links that Brahmos uses tercom and DSMAC sans that BS trishul blog.

Yes, Our Official ISPR notification which says it used TERCOM and DSMAC. I hope you can show me the Official notification where it says Nirbhay used those nav

I guess jokr is on you who doesnt even know what is inside Brahmos.I guess this time, you need to learn more about your own missile navigation

Missile System - BrahMos.com

Trishul is a BS source. In all the official Indian and Russian sources, there is not a single mention of TERCOM and DSMAC being used by Brahmos and Infect you could search it on google, Not a single Supersonic missile uses Tercom and DSMAC

Bro, Prasun Senhupta is the only one who researched most about the Indian missile and internal working.
All are state secrets.

We can get the information about the capability from DRDO's newsletter, but DRDO never reveal about the internal working of the missile, they never.

@bloo

I guess jokr is on you who doesnt even know what is inside Brahmos.I guess this time, you need to learn more about your own missile navigation

Trishul is a BS source. In all the official Indian and Russian sources, there is not a single mention of TERCOM and DSMAC being used by Brahmos and Infect you could search it on google, Not a single Supersonic missile uses Tercom and DSMAC

Where I say BrahMos using TERCOM, it never meant for terrain hugging, but instead of that it do steep dive.

Bro, Prasun Senhupta is the only one who researched most about the Indian missile and internal working.
All are state secrets.

We can get the information about the capability from DRDO's newsletter, but DRDO never reveal about the internal working of the missile, they never.

Where I say BrahMos using TERCOM, it never meant for terrain hugging, but instead of that it do steep dive.

I was just replying to @Shadow_Hunter ignorant replies that Brahmos uses tercom.

I hope he reads this link and may change his mind afterwards

I think you are underestimating DRDO a bit too much,they may suck at almost everything else but missiles are something they don't suck at.
There is no use comparing Tomahawk to Nirbhay. The Americans are too far off, Raytheon seekers are very advanced, using both active and passive. India will hardly go for that, maybe in the subsequent mark versions but as of now 2016-17 being the goal does not look unrealistic.

Why not?
The diameter of Nirbhay is around .52m and the micro strip patch was around 235mm so yes.

Let's agree to disagree, everyone have there own assumptions until some is proven wrong and some is proven right

I was just replying to @Shadow_Hunter ignorant replies that Brahmos uses tercom.

I hope he reads this link and may change his mind afterwards

Let's agree to disagree, everyone have there own assumptions until some is proven wrong and some is proven right

I dont think, even if installed in missile, TERCOM was used in this current test, actually even the altitude on that Nirbhay was tested was not meant for cruise missile, it is too high

Lots of thing need to do, even the integration of IRNSS would be done in 4th or 5th test ( may be by Dec 2015), currently it using GPS.

There is no requirement of a proof. Any sea skimming missile always uses Tercom, without tercom sea skimming modes cannot exist. Since you don't have this basic knowledge, you don't deserve to be treated with manners. Read about sea skimming modes before posting more gibberish.
TERCOM =/= Radar Altimeter (used for sea-skimming aboard AShMs). Basic knowledge what?

It can be assumed that DRDO didn't go for employing TERCOM in this flight (will in the future), and instead used simple radar altimeter (for maintaining a safe altitude) so that the other test flight parameters are validated first. Given the track record of DRDO with public releases, it seems highly improbable that this test employed TERCOM and DRDO didn't release any kind of information about it, not even a statement.

Last edited:
Don't quote me again with such idiotic rants when you can't deliver a sensible reply.

And for being keyboard analyst, Please enlighten me then did DRDO used tercom and dsmac in this test ?
Just becase babur uses tercom doenot necessarily mean there are no alternatives ! as far as publicly availble document DRDO uses much 'inferior' satellite bases navigation.. India is scientifically very inferior.. it is catching up to pak :lol: one day nirbhay will fly with tercom and dsmacs inshallah!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom