What's new

India Successfully Test Fires Dhanush Missile

i understand...however why the hell we need that?? I mean i can understand Prithvi as it can be fired from safety of our land into our neighborhood...however land based attack from ship with 350 Km sounds a bit uneasy....we need to go too close to the hostile neighborhood, no??
AFAIK thet also use this missile to test new systems. Also we are developing a long range Anti Ship Ballastic missile if you believe ex DRDO chief so this could be useful in that case as we cant test many systems on this missile too. Just my opinion.

Its not operational.

Just some testing for development purpose.

It is operational, but is due to be replaced by the K-series of missiles soon.
These tests are for testing other developments as well as operational training.

The single-stage, liquid-propelled Dhanush has already been inducted into the armed services and is one of the five missiles developed by theis part of the Integrated Guided Missile Development Program of the DRDO.
Though liquid propulsion has slightly higher specific impulse, I think its time to switch to solid propellents as missiles take far less time to be launched and maintenance is easier as well as safety.

Did I hear it right or some piece of stupid Journalism?
By 'sea based targets' he probably means ships! :dirol:

Though liquid propulsion has slightly higher specific impulse, I think its time to switch to solid propellents as missiles take far less time to be launched and maintenance is easier as well as safety.

By 'sea based targets' he probably means ships! :dirol:

So is it a anti ship ballistic missile??

No canister
Only that silly ramp
How many missiles can a ship hold, one ?

Just in case it hasn't been noticed.. It the missile thats being tested at sea.

Once successful, other details shall follow or may well be in place. Trial versions are usually fired in full view so that all parameters can be viewed & recorded just in case they need change.

India successfully test-fired nuclear weapons-capable Dhanush missile from a ship, off the Odisha coast on Thursday.

The ship-based missile was launched at 11.02 a.m. by personnel of the Strategic Forces Command (SFC) from an Offshore Patrolling Vessel (OPV), which was deep inside the sea, for its full range of 350 km, according to Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) missile scientists.

It was a perfect mission and the missile splashed down near the target point with high degree of accuracy, they said.

Dhanush, a manoeuvring missile is a naval variant of Prithvi-II, and can carry a nuclear payload of 500 kg.

It can target both land-based and sea-based targets. The missile has already been inducted into the armed services and the SFC personnel randomly picked up the missile from the production lot for Thursday’s trial, which was carried out as part of regular user training.

Dhanush was one of the five missiles developed by the DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme.

Dhanush successfully test-fired by SFC team - The Hindu

DHANUSH_2368211e.jpg

Dhanush, a manoeuvring missile is a naval variant of Prithvi-II, and can carry a nuclear payload of 500 kg. It was successfully test-fired from a ship on Thursday.

Looks like a potent weapon!!
Congratulation to India.

is it also anti ship missile ???and too heavy for ships

So is it a anti ship ballistic missile??
Yes! The Dhanush missile can be used as an anti-ship weapon as well as for destroying land targets depending on the range.The missile, due to its on-board cutting edge guidance systems gives it the capability to strike enemy targets with great precision.

Ho
Yes! The Dhanush missile can be used as an anti-ship weapon as well as for destroying land targets depending on the range.The missile, due to its on-board cutting edge guidance systems gives it the capability to strike enemy targets with great precision.

How will it track a moving ship at sea? What is its guidance based on? Do it have an on-board radar to track its target in terminal stage?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom