What's new

India Successfully Test Fires Dhanush Missile

India has successfully test-fired nuclear weapons-capable Dhanush, a naval variant of Prithvi-II missile from a ship, off the Odisha coast on Thursday.
Personnel of the Strategic Forces Command (SFC) carried out the launch at 11.02 AM (IST) from an Offshore Patrolling Vessel (OPV), according to Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) missile scientists.
The missile is capable of carrying a nuclear payload of 500 to 1000 kg and can hit both land based and sea based targets. The test fire was a part of regular user training.
The single-stage, liquid-propelled Dhanush has already been inducted into the armed services and is one of the five missiles developed by theis part of the Integrated Guided Missile Development Program of the DRDO.

Indian Navy test-fires nuclear capable Dhanush ballistic missile from Patrol Vessel

Indian Navy test-fires nuclear capable Dhanush ballistic missile from Patrol Vessel

India on Thursday tested its nuclear-capable ballistic missile Dhanush from an Indian Navy patrol vessel in the Bay of Bengal in Odisha, eastern India. The missile test, fired from an offshore patrol vessel (OPV), was described as successful by the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO).

The single-stage, liquid-propelled Dhanush has already been inducted into the armed services and is one of the five missiles developed by the DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme

Dhanush_naval_nuclear_capable%20_ballistic-missile%20-Prithvi_Indian_Navy_INS_Subhadra.jpg

Dhanush missile installed on INS Subhadra patrol vessel
(Picture: DRDO)

With a pay-load capacity of 1000 kg, Dhanush is a naval version of the nuclear-capable ballistic missile Prithvi. It is capable of carrying both conventional and nuclear warheads and can strike targets up to 350 km away.

Dhanush_naval_nuclear_capable%20_ballistic-missile%20-Prithvi_Indian_Navy_INS_Subhadra_Launch.jpg

Dhanush missile launching from INS Subhadra patrol vessel

It can target both land-based and sea-based targets. The missile has already been inducted into the armed services and the Strategic Forces Command personnel randomly picked up the missile from the production lot for Thursday’s trial, which was carried out as part of regular user training.

Dhanush, a manoeuvring missile is a naval variant of Prithvi-II, and can carry a nuclear payload of 500 kg. It was successfully test-fired from a ship on Thursday.
India successfully test-fired nuclear weapons-capable Dhanush missile from a ship, off the Odisha coast on Thursday.

The ship-based missile was launched at 11.02 a.m. by personnel of the Strategic Forces Command (SFC) from an Offshore Patrolling Vessel (OPV), which was deep inside the sea, for its full range of 350 km, according to Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) missile scientists.

It was a perfect mission and the missile splashed down near the target point with high degree of accuracy, they said.

Dhanush, a manoeuvring missile is a naval variant of Prithvi-II, and can carry a nuclear payload of 500 kg.

It can target both land-based and sea-based targets. The missile has already been inducted into the armed services and the SFC personnel randomly picked up the missile from the production lot for Thursday’s trial, which was carried out as part of regular user training.

Dhanush was one of the five missiles developed by the DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme.

Keywords: Nuclear warhead-capable missile Danush, Test-fired from ship, off Odisha coast

^^^^^^^^^^^
350 Km?? The range seems to be too low to me?? may i know why??

Its variant of Prithvi, range cant be too high..............
i understand...however why the hell we need that?? I mean i can understand Prithvi as it can be fired from safety of our land into our neighborhood...however land based attack from ship with 350 Km sounds a bit uneasy....we need to go too close to the hostile neighborhood, no??

DHANUSH_2368211e.jpg

The Dhanush Missile launched at Chandipur-on-Sea off Odisha coast. - A File Photo.
TOPICS

Dhanush, a manoeuvring missile is a naval variant of Prithvi-II, and can carry a nuclear payload of 500 kg. It was successfully test-fired from a ship on Thursday.
India successfully test-fired nuclear weapons-capable Dhanush missile from a ship, off the Odisha coast on Thursday.

The ship-based missile was launched at 11.02 a.m. by personnel of the Strategic Forces Command (SFC) from an Offshore Patrolling Vessel (OPV), which was deep inside the sea, for its full range of 350 km, according to Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) missile scientists.

It was a perfect mission and the missile splashed down near the target point with high degree of accuracy, they said.

Dhanush, a manoeuvring missile is a naval variant of Prithvi-II, and can carry a nuclear payload of 500 kg.

It can target both land-based and sea-based targets. The missile has already been inducted into the armed services and the SFC personnel randomly picked up the missile from the production lot for Thursday’s trial, which was carried out as part of regular user training.

Dhanush was one of the five missiles developed by the DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme.

Keywords: Nuclear warhead-capable missile Danush, Test-fired from ship, off Odisha coast

Dhanush successfully test-fired by SFC team - The Hindu

It's our tactical nuclear missile ... I wish if we can produce at least 4-6 SSGN . With at least some 50-60 danush or 100 nirbay ... :devil:

:enjoy: I know sometimes I go over board . All I wanted is to buy our navy few new toys. Single submarine with 100 or at least 80 nirbay or bromos would take out most of all strategic assert of small to medium sized country .

Long and never ending debate. .. will Danush be able to target the Aircraft Carrier and it's CBG with conventional warheads ?

India on Thursday tested its nuclear-capable ballistic missile Dhanush from an Indian Navy patrol vessel in the Bay of Bengal in Odisha, eastern India. The missile test, fired from an offshore patrol vessel (OPV), was described as successful by the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO).

The single-stage, liquid-propelled Dhanush has already been inducted into the armed services and is one of the five missiles developed by the DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme

Dhanush_naval_nuclear_capable%20_ballistic-missile%20-Prithvi_Indian_Navy_INS_Subhadra.jpg

Dhanush missile installed on INS Subhadra patrol vessel

With a pay-load capacity of 1000 kg, Dhanush is a naval version of the nuclear-capable ballistic missile Prithvi. It is capable of carrying both conventional and nuclear warheads and can strike targets up to 350 km away.

Dhanush_naval_nuclear_capable%20_ballistic-missile%20-Prithvi_Indian_Navy_INS_Subhadra_Launch.jpg

Dhanush missile launching from INS Subhadra patrol vessel

It can target both land-based and sea-based targets. The missile has already been inducted into the armed services and the Strategic Forces Command personnel randomly picked up the missile from the production lot for Thursday’s trial, which was carried out as part of regular user training.

Too Big Missile for vessel.........Liquid fuel Can be Dangerous for ship.

Somali Pirates will run away for sure.........LoL

No canister
Only that silly ramp
How many missiles can a ship hold, one ?

to me putting a liquid fuelled monster openly on ship is bit suicidal....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom